Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating from a jailbroken 3G 3.0 to 3.1 for MMS

Default Updating from a jailbroken 3G 3.0 to 3.1 for MMS
    So I still don't have MMS on my phone yet. My phone is a jailbroken 3G on 3.0 OS.

I've tried updating by typing in the command and doing the "shift+update" but I keep getting the "unknown error" message in iTunes. Anyone know what could be causing that?

But anyway, I'm so frustrated that I'm just ready to upgrade to 3.1 to get the MMS working.

I've read that you lose jailbreaking abilities by updating to 3.1, is that true?

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

you dont search much, do you?
    Instructions of how to get MMS going for 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1 are all over this site... it should help you.

Here is one. Read thru it, it'll help you.

AT&T MMS is On - Boom

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    you dont search much, do you?
    Instructions of how to get MMS going for 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1 are all over this site... it should help you.

Here is one. Read thru it, it'll help you.

AT&T MMS is On - Boom
    I have tried all the methods that I've came across and have still been unsuccessful, thats the only reason I made this thread.

Thanks

PM sent...check it out.

here is another good thread
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t/685934-t-...le-itunes.html
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 09-27-2009 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks, I'll try them in the morning.

However I have tried doing the command prompt already and when I do the "shift+update" in the latest iTunes, it says
    “iTunes could not update the carrier settings on your iPhone. An unknown error occured (0xE800003D)”

And thats where I'm left at everytime. Do you know what could be causing that error message?

Thanks

check out the last part of the first post...from Stealth.

http://modmyi.com/forums/t/565871-gu...-0-iphone.html

I have read that if you have AT&T Carrier Logo on, remove then try. I removed it and still getting the "error message" in iTunes.

I saw that the AT&T Carrier Logo had something to do with "BigBoss" aswell, I saw that I still had "BigBoss's Source" in my Installed section in Cydia, I tried deleting that too because I didnt know if that still had something to do with the error message but it won't delete, I get a error message when trying to delete it off my phone.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

1. MAC or PC?
    You will be able to JB 3.1 with a MAC only not a PC
    2. Download this Carrier File MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (Thank you Stealth Bravo) This will give you MMS and Tethering
    3. If on a PC .... follow these instructions
    Make Sure iTunes is closed!!!!!
    Start>Run>CMD
    Then type CD.. Until its just C:/>
    Then type cd Program Files
    Then type cd iTunes
    Then type iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    If you don't get any message after hitting enter ... you have done it right.
    With your phone connected ... Open iTunes and hold shift click update and then find the IPCC Files downloaded from the link above and you should be on your way !!!!

and next time please SEARCH !!!!

As you all may know, I was having some difficulty with getting MMS on my phone, I kept getting the infamous "error" message in iTunes.

SOLUTION: I had to restore my phone then I was able to update the carrier in iTunes, then I had to re-jailbreak my phone.

Till this day, I still don't know what was on my phone that was blocking the update in iTunes.

If anyone is experiencing these same problems, just pm me and I'll be more than happy to assist you. Let me know if you need the 3.0 firmware restore file so that you dont have to restore and update to 3.1

Thanks to all those who assisted me!