Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronus help...

Default Chronus help...
    Sorry didn't know where else to post this.

I want to restore a few things I backed up on my old iPhone to my new one through Chronus, but I have no clue how to use the files and where/how to put them into the phone so Chronus can restore them... right now I have the files on my computer and I have Chronus installed in both phones.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    -Ivan

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Chronus doesn't actually restore the backup files for you. You have to SSH in the your iPhone and replace the files yourself. What model iPhone are you doing this on?

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Chronus doesn't actually restore the backup files for you. You have to SSH in the your iPhone and replace the files yourself. What model iPhone are you doing this on?
    Yea that's what I'm asking, I have no clue how to get the files into the new iPhone.. I'm using a 3G 3.0.1

Just want a few simple things restored, calendar, SMS and safari .
    -Ivan

Ok thanks for the help... I figured out how to do SSH after a bit of searching but I'm having an issue now where the phone won't backup anything new or erase old backups. For example, I've purchased Chronus, so I can back up multiple copies... however, I can't erase the one backup that I copied from my laptop to the phone originally... some apps work, like contacts, but others don't (SMS, Calendar, etc.)

Basically what happens is that the file I copied from my laptop say on 9/25 is there. Now for Contacts, when I press backup, a new file is created and I can erase the old one. For SMS, when I press backup, no new file is created, the old file stays the same, and I can't delete the old file. Calendar, I can create new files but can't delete the original file.... what gives?
    -Ivan

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Here is the actual tutorial for everyone who wants to know the steps on how to backup and restore files in Chronus.The link is given below.Have a look at it.
    Tutorial: How to backup and restore files in Chronus during a firmware update? : databinge

Thanks

The other thing you might need to do in order for the backups to restore properly is to change teh ownership on the backups Youneed a program like Putty (win) or Terminal (Mac). login as root. enter the following command:

chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile/Preferences/TimeCapsule/

Your backups should now restore.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks for all the replies. I've actually learned quite a lot by just trying this out, SSH, etc. I found a program called DiskAid that eliminates the need for wifi SSH connection and can transfer files via USB cable.

Now I"m only wondering this... are the var/mobile/library and user/library folders the same?

From what I see, they contain the same folders/files but I'm not sure.

Also, where can I find the voice recorder files in the root folder?
    -Ivan