+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dtunes FINALLY fixed! new version is out.

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
go 2 settings in dtunes on torrent default website replace piratebay with btjunkie.org problem solved
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

go 2 settings in dtunes
    on torrent default website replace piratebay with btjunkie.org
    problem solved

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyg560 View Post
    go 2 settings in dtunes
    on torrent default website replace piratebay with btjunkie.org
    problem solved
    Ummm, really dude? No - problem not solved. That changes the default torrent search provider, but I don't use that anyway. By your logic, another way to solve the problem would be to just uninstall Dtunes...or get rid of my iphone altogether...

I used to be able to download torrents from anywhere - including TPB.

I don't know if the problem is a result of an update to some necessary package that I obtained through Cydia one time (prior to the latest Dtunes update) or if its a change within TPB (I know they were supposed to be going "offline" & were bought out or something and were only offline for like a day) or what.

Either way - downloading torrents is now hit or miss - no matter where I get the torrent from. I can probably find the fix once I analyze the torrent files on my desktop, but I'm lazy.

I have a good example to work with. There is a certain radio show that is uploaded daily - and the guy sends it to both TPB & IsoHunt - so I should just be able to compare the contents of the torrents to figure out why IsoHunt works and TPB doesn't anymore...I'll post updates if/when I get around to it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default my dtunes does not work
    When I installed dtunes i donot get seeqpod. What am I doing wrong?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Get a rapidshare account and say goodbye to torrents forever .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm the new beemp3.com site listed in dtunes isn't loading for me.. Anyone else having this problem?? I am unable to search for music....

Does anyone have any other good sites that work with dtunes to download music?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basik19 View Post
    Hmm the new beemp3.com site listed in dtunes isn't loading for me.. Anyone else having this problem?? I am unable to search for music....

Does anyone have any other good sites that work with dtunes to download music?
    take out the " www. "
    So u just enter beemp3.com

As for sites : http://www.mp3nova.org/
    http://www.maxalbums.com/
    http://www.seekasong.com/

Mp3 nova is torrent site
    Maxalbums is for rapidshare and megaupload
    Last edited by Sowhatu; 09-11-2009 at 09:32 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sowhatu For This Useful Post:

basik19 (09-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Duh! I can't believe I didn't think of taking out the www. Thanks bro.

Thanks

SkreemR Mp3 Search - World's Greatest Mp3 Search Engine - Find music, podcasts, ringtones, interviews and speeches. is the best one ive found.... simple, less BS to scroll through and no stupid anti-bot codes to enter.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having a issue with mobile terminal when I attempt to get a torrent to download I get a error message saying

-sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

it will say that 4 times then go back to the command line if anyone can help me fix this it would be much appreciated thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The Pirate Bay, Demonoid & OpenBit Torrent trackers are ALL down right now...bummer & explains all the issue with downloading torrents the last few weeks..................

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So I've got the fix for those folks who're timing out on DL'ing their torrents. Someone may want to copy/paste this info into another new thread - its up to you. Basically, the demonoid & pirate bay trackers are down from what I can tell. I'll give some quick background as to how this whole process works, and tell you how to get downloads to get started.

Once you download a torrent file, you normally then go into dtunes, where you select the torrent, and it creates a text file called "gettorrent". This "gettorrent" file contains the parameters for starting your download form the command line in the terminal program (./gettorrent).
    Example:
    cd /var/mobile/library/downloads/
    ctorrent -p 51413 -P "-UT1610-" -A "uTorrent/1610"
    '/var/mobile/library/downloads/YourTorrentFileNameHere.torrent"

You can lookup what all of the above means here (I'm not going to get into it): Enhanced CTorrent User's Guide

If you ever looked inside of a torrent file, it lists 1 or more trackers to use to find & DL the file(s) you want; most of my torrent files show either pirate bay or demonoid trackers - which aren't working for me & just timing out - SO, what you can do, is edit that "gettorrent" file to tell it to use one of the alternate trackers instead of demonoid or pirate bay trackers - and presto - it works just find.

To do this:
    1. Download your torrent file
    2. Go into dTunes and open the torrent so it says its prepped for you to run the ./gettorrent command
    3. Use a program like iFile, and go to the "gettorrent" file that has been created (/var/mobile/gettorrent) and edit it using the Text Viewer.
    4. Add in a "-u 2" (do not type the quotes)after where it says "ctorrent" and before it says "-p 51413" (you can try a value of 3, 4 or 5 too; this tells ctorrent to select one of the alternate trackers instead of the first 1 listed.)
    5. Save the file & go into your terminal program and kick it off with ./gettorrent and it should start up!

Note: You may have to open up your torrent file to view the trackers listed. Most will list a pirate bay or demonoid tracker as the first one (depending on where you get your torrents I guess) and have several "aleternate ones" listed.

I do wish there was a way for the process to automatically move onto the next tracker after so many tries or minutes, but apparently there isn't - or I don't know how - so this is the best workaround.

Its really not as complicated as it looks & works like a charm for me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default btjunkie
    btjunkie.org is still working very well with Dtunes and Ctorrent in Terminal. They may not have the selection. But if it is there it keeps working for me.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12