Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Making/Recieving calls w/ just Wifi

Default Making/Recieving calls w/ just Wifi
    I am just out of signal at my house but I do have wifi throughout the property. I set up truphone and was able to make an outgoing call but not able to receive calls. I thought I would find something to fix this in the settings but to no avail. I then got GV mobile but it appears I need an invite because when I try and sign up it gives me an error message.

So what are my best and cheapest options? It says I have a credit of .50c on truphone but I haven't given my cc #, what are the rates like? How do I set up so I can receive calls on my cell number?

Thanks for the help in advance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You do realise you can get a Google Voice Invite by going to https://www.google.com/voice right?

But anyway, it doesnt let you make calls without the Carrier so thats useless.

Get Skype, I guess. Rates are pretty decent.

Truphone only works for outgoing.. VOIP, however does both if you pay the minimum monthly fee for all accsses, its like 9.95 but for some reason it keeps declining my credit card even though its valid, so i have yet to test the incoming calls... Let me know if you get that running.

Thanks for the help. Yeah ill keep looking and see what I can find. I'll update if I come across it.