Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popup Blocker: Suppress notification messages

Default Popup Blocker: Suppress notification messages
    Finally, someone (other than the kind-of-sort-of-works iBlacklist approach) has released an app that does this! It has some reasonable settings and despite being in "very early beta" is working great suppressing popups for Beejive, voicemail, SMS, MMS, and missed calls on my lockscreen.

Warning: If you enable "block all" and "while unlocked," it will really block ALL popups. This includes itunes store prompts, delete app prompts, etc.

Repo: http://david.ashman.com/beta
    Package: Popup Blocker
    Last edited by darnold; 07-17-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Quick question, does this run through mobile substrate?

It shows up in my SBSettings Mobile Substrate Addon list. I'm not sure how it is implemented.

That source isn't working for me? It's not loading.

Try with a / at the end: david.ashman.com/beta/

I tried that second. Also didn't work. Are you still able to access it?

Apparently his Cydia server is down:

MacThemes Forum / [MS Extension] PopupBlocker

According to that thread, look for an update soon.

Great, thank you.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So this blocks the normal menu popups? Like let's say I get Push Notification, it blocks that?

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Tech View Post
    So this blocks the normal menu popups? Like let's say I get Push Notification, it blocks that?
    No, from the sound of it, it just blocks the menu that pops up when receiving a message, mms, etc. I don't think it blocks the actual icon badge... correct?
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

There are various pop-ups that it gives you the ability to block. You can block SMS/MMS alerts, location alerts, voicemail alerts, low battery alerts, app deletion alerts, and several others. Each alert has settings such as "block when locked", "block when unlocked", and "wake on alert" which are pretty self-explanatory. Some have additional settings. Overall, it's a great app, even now while it's still in its beta stage. The developer is planning to charge $0.99 via the Cydia store when the final version is released, which is a great price for such a useful app.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Seems something useful for me! Thanks for the information

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech