+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBlacklist: A mediocre product from a greedy bunch of dudes...

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    Thanks

Unhappy iBlacklist: A mediocre product from a greedy bunch of dudes...
    ...who simply cannot understand that every once in a while, there will be a phone getting warranty replacement, an upgrade or a switch of some kind or another. A topic that was discussed before, but one that is still very much a current, live issue.

Again, let it be known, if you will ever need to ask for a replacement activation code, this year-old canned response is all you can hope for:

For new iphone you need buy a new key, the key is registered to phone serial number (hardware)
    If is the same iphone (hardware) the serial number is the same and the activation key works but you have a new iphone the old key will don’t work because is a different serial (hardware) and you need buy a new key

I am currently looking for an alternative because this software doesn't even block everything you tell it to (expect some calls to slip through every so often) but more importantly, because I will NOT feed such lowly business behavior.

Be warned!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,627 Times in 5,902 Posts

I personally use MCleaner. A great app with tons of features. You can also transfer to 1 (one) phone one time only in case you purchase a new phone.
    I have had there service for a while and have no complaints at all.
    They have also have an upgrade for the 3.0 OS. Status bar notification if you prefer.
    The cost $11.99
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-08-2009 at 03:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MWillis561's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure who you've been talking to but if you send an email to the email address listed on their website stating that you've purchased a new phone to replace your old one and give them the old and new information they will send you a new code. Just like MCleaner they will do this once which they state in their email. I know this for a fact because I just requested a new code 2 days ago and received it yesterday.

Also I haven't really had any problems with iBlacklist not blocking calls and have had very good support from them, especially through their thread that is stickied.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MWillis561 View Post
    I'm not sure who you've been talking to but if you send an email to the email address listed on their website stating that you've purchased a new phone to replace your old one and give them the old and new information they will send you a new code. Just like MCleaner they will do this once which they state in their email. I know this for a fact because I just requested a new code 2 days ago and received it yesterday.

Also I haven't really had any problems with iBlacklist not blocking calls and have had very good support from them, especially through their thread that is stickied.
    Same here

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

My experience has been much better. I'm on my 3rd license for iblacklist, but only because I think its a great app with great support.

I had it on my 2G phone, and when I updated to the 3G, I bought got a new copy, since I planned on keeping it on the 2G phone also.

Then, I needed to replace my 3G at one point due to a hardware failure and spektro gave me a new key for the new phone no problem.

Upon my recent upgrade to the 3G-S I might have been able to ask him to transfer the license from the 3G, but for 12 bucks I simpy bought it again.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This guy is really cheap. Listen him whoever want to listen. I know the work i always did and don't need to talk about this.
    If you want, i can post here a few thing:

* The first e mail this guy sent me asking for a replacement code
    * The replacement code i sent him
    * The second time this guy asked for the replacement code
    * And the negative response i sent him

Stop being a cheap one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I use mcleaner. Only drawback is when you switch phones for any reason you only get one transfer on the license then you have to re buy. But it's only $11 so it's not too bad.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I am on my 4th license I love this app and gladly donate what comes out to be $2 a month ($48 total over 24 months) for continued support and updates.

Thanks

Clearly this dude is trying to pull something more than a simple transfer... In my experience, dummies rarely-to-never accept responsibility for their mistakes, and always try to find someone else to blame.
    NOT the case for me! When I paid for iBlacklist, I actually made a typo in my serial number when I registered. I emailed Spektro and told him what happened, and a couple hours later I had a new activation code.

iBlacklist works flawlessly on my 3G, 3.0 iphone, and Spektro ROCKS!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

second that -spektro rocks and his support is 1st Class

Ruben

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol, i'm glad the thread backfired on him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Stop being a cheap one.
    Clearly, there must be a confusion here because my initial email was the very first contact I ever had with iblacklist. Following their prompt NO, I started this thread; but not before I replied with a second email expressing my dissatisfaction. To this day, I didn't get an answer. Perhaps they're dealing with quite a lot of CS inquiries, leading to confusions like this one - or, spektro's story is just that, a story.
    People behave differently in private vs in public, in our case email vs open forum. But then again, I don't want to flutter accusations here so let's just consider this a confusion.
    As for the being cheap remark (addressed to whomever I was confused with), I think it's iblacklist who should be getting such recommendation. And maybe remove from their website such wording as "[...] a high quality solution at a very low cost (LIFETIME License), comparing [...]" At the very least, make it clear whose life they're referring to. For me, 3 months doesn't qualify as "lifetime", not even in lowercase.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    iBlacklist works flawlessly on my 3G, 3.0 iphone, and Spektro ROCKS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    second that -spektro rocks and his support is 1st Class
    For some, apparently it works flawlessly but in my case I have 1-2 calls (out of ~20-30) everyday that somehow slip through. However, that's beyond the scope of this thread. Now, if spektro is so great and all, then he should keep an eye on whoever handles email inquiries for support. I'm delighted about them having a presence here on modmyi and I just bought a duplicate license; let's see now if I'm offered a refund without even asking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I don't know who you talked to etc
    I just bought iBlacklist about a week ago. My 3G iphone's earpiece was messed up and my wife felt sorry for me having to use headphones all the time. A couple of DAYS later, she said, go get a 3GS. So I did.

I even emailed them and told them I was GOING to buy a phone in a couple of days. I went and bought it, sent them an email and got the response that I need to buy a new license. After 1 WEEK.

Anyone that will be upgrading to a 3GS, better wait to buy it. , or maybe wait till the 4G comes out, or the Satellite iPhone...

Try out MiFilter from Home : iFoneTec Cylay. I'm still testing it, but the guy seems much nicer, even if his english ain't so good.

Cheers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I emailed Spectro about 3 weeks ago because I was planning on buying a 3GS and wanted to know what their policy was. He replied within a few hours stating they can transfer the license once, all the need is the old and new info.

When my phone came in, I sent an email with the info and had the new activation key a couple hours later. Top notch.

If I end up with another phone I would gladly pay for a new license!

Thanks

That means customer support and license transfers are handled in either: a completely random manner or, with an "I don't feel like doing it" attitude. It could also be something like "Neah, not for you".

If it's the latter, a brief explanation would be appreciated. Does it just have to be your lucky day to get a new license?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    This guy is really cheap. Listen him whoever want to listen. I know the work i always did and don't need to talk about this.
    If you want, i can post here a few thing:

Stop being a cheap one.
    I didn't really want to flog a dead horse, having already posted in the iBlacklist thread, but this is an unbelievable response. Let me set the record straight.

This is the one & only reply I got:

For new iphone you need buy a new key, the key is registered to phone serial number (hardware)
    If is the same iphone (hardware) the serial number is the same and the activation key works but you have a new iphone the old key will don’t work because is a different serial (hardware) and you need buy a new key

thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

First, i need to thank everyone that showed their support here. This proves my work was not in vain.
    Well, no, we are not a 2 person business here. We are much more than that. Besides the iPhone applications, we have other softwares available for other needs. The iPhone is just another segment.
    As you can see, you 2 are minority even here in your own topic.
    I did a cleanup about this situation here and identified what were going wrong with the sales guys. It's rectified now and it won't happen again.
    You, topic creator, just posted this thread on the same day i got another guy trying to milk subsequent activations. If it wasn't you, it sounded like it was for me. So, i apologize for the misunderstanding.
    Both of you can just get in contact with [email protected] and supply us your old register key along with your new register key for a quick search and we will solve this problem.
    Don't take it personally. Honestly, i really don't care if you will contact us and reuse the application or not.
    I just want to make my position clear to everyone that possibly will read my posts here.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (08-20-2010)

Thanks

I hate digging up this ugly-titled thread but I feel I just have to.

The facts: after almost 2 months since this thread started and after 2 weeks since the last post (#17) by spektro, nothing has changed.

Notwithstanding the abundant arrogance, I followed the post's instructions and emailed them (again) my concern and I even copy&pasted the above post in my message. After a week passed and no reply, I sent yet another email, explaining (again) the situation. Sure enough, no reply.

So here I am, publicly whining about $12. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abkpw View Post
    yup, i feel bad for ya.

do some google searches and get it for free
    wow. congrats on being a pirate

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When did I say I did it? I have no use for it but this Person seems to deserve this option