+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBlacklist: A mediocre product from a greedy bunch of dudes...

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
It wouldn't have been so bad if they had asked for a small contribution to transfer the license but to basically put up the middle finger and say "tough s***"
    Green Apple
    Thanks

It wouldn't have been so bad if they had asked for a small contribution to transfer the license but to basically put up the middle finger and say "tough s***" is appalling.

Looks like I'll be switching to MCleaner.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is what kills me about this... this is the reply to my request for a transfer on 8/30/2010...
    Hi Randy

There´s no license transfer program for new devices until now for the following reason.
    iBlacklist was totally rebuilt for IOS4 firmwares and also to work on iphone 4.
    We don´t charge for software updates on registered devices, but we also will not transfer licenses to new devices due to the big ammount of work done on updates for newer OS, that are free of charge.
    But, we are working on a license transfer program that will be up soon, where a lower price will be charged for that operation.
    You can also purchase a rock license for iBlacklist in Rock Your Phone or via rockapp, and install iBlacklist using rockapp. With a rock license, you can switch devices whenever you want with no extra further costs.

Regards and thank you for your comprehension

So, basicly you only get to transfer if you used Rock? WTF is that? Some of us have had more issues with rock then with apples software, so we stay away from it. Cydia was out long before Rock, and that's where I got mine from, and we are SOL becuase of it? What happend to all the "you are allowed 1x transfer" posts I see here by the dev's? Guess that only applies IF you use rock.. booo. I won't spend another 12 bucks just for this reason. Tell me, we don't do it. Fine, i'll buy it again. Tell me you won't becuase i did not buy it from vendor xyz? That's crap...

And of course I asked about this in several emails, all of which have now gone unanswered... figures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wezlyons View Post
    I have the same problem.
    I bought iBlacklist in May this year for my 3GS and have now upgraded to an iPhone 4.

I emailed the iBlacklist team and was told they wouldn't transfer my license to my new device.

That's pretty shoddy service imho.
    I could understand if it was a $3 app but it's not.
    For $12 I expect better service.
    I downloaded their 10 day trial, it was an impressive interface and while it worked effectively, I didn't like the fact that my home button was unresponsive to closing apps and not working with backgrounder.

I would buy it, but I'm not going to simply cause it is not compatible. MCleaner here I come. Oh and support was ***, for $12 you'd think they'd answer your questions...

Thanks

Just don't expect any help from them if you upgrade to the iPhone 4. I just went from a 3G to a 4 and they are telling me that I have to re-purchase the app. $12 is high for an iPhone app to begin with, but to be told that I have to fork it out again just because I wanted a newer phone is BS.

Thanks

Douche

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123