Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBlacklist: A mediocre product from a greedy bunch of dudes...

^Fail
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I would tend to agree with the first post. I bought a new iPhone last saturday.. a 3GS and right away I sent an email to [email protected] asking for a new activation code for the new phone. Sent another email today, and so far, simply no response. That's the activation part of the problem...

Now the technical problem: just after installing iblacklist on the new phone (saturday), wireless stopped working. Tried reseting network settings, and nothing. Then I reinstalled iblacklist (it was the last thing I did on the phone, minutes before). Voilá.. wireless is back again. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.. weird.

today wireless went off again.. and then the phone started rebooting over and over. The funny part is that I commented this with 2 friends that had this same issue with their phones (rebooting) and guess what they said???

The exact same thing.. phone jailbroken working alright... iblacklist instalation -> crash -> restore. Just like me.

Dont know if anyone had this problem also.. my setup is the same my friends had: 3GS + 3.1.2

I sent info on this problem also in the last mail I sent to iblacklist team.. Lets see if they will respond. I think they wont, since they gave a s**t to my initial message asking for a new activation code. Why would they reply now.. or maybe with this public complain about them they decide to take the time to respond to non-new-profit emails laying in their inbox.

*sight*

Let me finish restoring the phone now... Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by myitunesid View Post
    I would tend to agree with the first post. I bought a new iPhone last saturday.. a 3GS and right away I sent an email to [email protected] asking for a new activation code for the new phone. Sent another email today, and so far, simply no response. That's the activation part of the problem...

Now the technical problem: just after installing iblacklist on the new phone (saturday), wireless stopped working. Tried reseting network settings, and nothing. Then I reinstalled iblacklist (it was the last thing I did on the phone, minutes before). Voilá.. wireless is back again. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.. weird.

today wireless went off again.. and then the phone started rebooting over and over. The funny part is that I commented this with 2 friends that had this same issue with their phones (rebooting) and guess what they said???

The exact same thing.. phone jailbroken working alright... iblacklist instalation -> crash -> restore. Just like me.

Dont know if anyone had this problem also.. my setup is the same my friends had: 3GS + 3.1.2

I sent info on this problem also in the last mail I sent to iblacklist team.. Lets see if they will respond. I think they wont, since they gave a s**t to my initial message asking for a new activation code. Why would they reply now.. or maybe with this public complain about them they decide to take the time to respond to non-new-profit emails laying in their inbox.

*sight*

Let me finish restoring the phone now... Cheers!
    I don't have an iPhone or iBlacklist, but here is my guess on what happened- iBlacklist doesn't work with 3.1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by SunriseMoon View Post
    I don't have an iPhone or iBlacklist, but here is my guess on what happened- iBlacklist doesn't work with 3.1.2.
    the only thing I can say, since you dont have an iphone and iblacklist, is: thank you for your EXPERT advice ;-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MWillis561's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 and am also using iBlacklist constantly. I've never had a problem yet with iBlacklist or my WiFi. From what I am hearing though are that phones are having alot of random problems with WiFi. Some people have blamed certain applications (ie. iBlacklist) or have blamed there jailbreaking method (ie. BlackRain). But from what Geohot said this is an Apple bug that shows itself at completely random times. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Here is a link to an apple discussion about wifi issues from people with unjailbroken phones.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....rt=0&tstart=30
    Last edited by MWillis561; 11-19-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks

Seems like some people are extremely keen to block calls from others.

Either you are a Hollywood celeb and someone leaked your number, or you're some creepy dude trying to hide in the shadows, or you're in severe debt and are giving out your details to shady finance companies.

Anyone here a celebrity?
    To live, you have to lie

^^ I'm a celebrity, lmao but shhhhhhh!!

The names "Megan fox"

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Seems like some people are extremely keen to block calls from others.

Either you are a Hollywood celeb and someone leaked your number, or you're some creepy dude trying to hide in the shadows, or you're in severe debt and are giving out your details to shady finance companies.

Anyone here a celebrity?
    Unlike in civilised countries they have to pay for incoming calls and texts in the USA - strange but true.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MWillis561's Avatar
    Thanks

Telemarketers have been getting crazy here in the US. I get calls all the time on my cell phone about extending my car warranty or someone is speaking spanish on the other line. This just makes it an easy way to ignore those calls. A nice little convenience.

this is the best program out there with the BEST support Specro has help me personally so I donated twice even though he told me I didn't need to. When I got my new 3gs I bought it again. So 3 times and I don't regret it for a second. and yeah I could get it "free" but I support the developer and all the help they have given me on this product.

You got a new phone, your old software was specif for that phone. So stop ******** and pay $12 boo hoo

I purchased iBlacklist for $12.99 and after a restore (SAME iPhone, same serial) it says the trial is over. I've sent multiple emails to both their sales, and support email addresses, as well as to the Rock store people. NO RESPONSE from anyone.

EDIT: I got a response from iBlacklist devs, and it turns out, I had to install it from Cydia and not Rock, as evidently somehow I bought the wrong version. Works now though.
    Last edited by Optical Serenity; 01-06-2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: they responded.

Default No reply yet
    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    First, i need to thank everyone that showed their support here. This proves my work was not in vain.
    Well, no, we are not a 2 person business here. We are much more than that. Besides the iPhone applications, we have other softwares available for other needs. The iPhone is just another segment.
    As you can see, you 2 are minority even here in your own topic.
    I did a cleanup about this situation here and identified what were going wrong with the sales guys. It's rectified now and it won't happen again.
    You, topic creator, just posted this thread on the same day i got another guy trying to milk subsequent activations. If it wasn't you, it sounded like it was for me. So, i apologize for the misunderstanding.
    Both of you can just get in contact with [email protected] and supply us your old register key along with your new register key for a quick search and we will solve this problem.
    Don't take it personally. Honestly, i really don't care if you will contact us and reuse the application or not.
    I just want to make my position clear to everyone that possibly will read my posts here.
    I also would like to express my situation here. I've just bought a new iPhone 3gs running on 3.1.3 firmware. I've sent 2 emails regarding my iBlacklist which I've purchased using my old 3g iPhone. But I've yet to receive any reply from you guys.

Here is my email to support & sales :

>Hi there, I had just bought a new iPhone & restore my back up from iTunes & Apt backup. My iPhone was >installed with a new iblacklist product register key :
    >B193FDDEBCF385A1BAE59F
    >Hope u can enlighten me on this, thks!!

> From: [email protected]
    > To: [email protected]
    > Subject: [12/05/2010 - 03:38:42] Activation Key
    > Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 03:38:42 -0300
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello Bin Dahlan Mohd Fazli,
    >
    > Your activation key for iBlacklist is 74ED***18E7F.
    >
    > Note that this key was generated by the given key ***FF4DEBBE39CDAD09C85
    > Regards,
    >
    > iDevMobile Team.

Can you please send me a new activation key, cos I really need iBlacklist on my iPhone. It's a great app!!!
    Last edited by FazFuzzy; 05-16-2010 at 12:02 AM.

thats y i barely ever buy stuff from cydia
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    This guy is really cheap. Listen him whoever want to listen. I know the work i always did and don't need to talk about this.
    If you want, i can post here a few thing:

* The first e mail this guy sent me asking for a replacement code
    * The replacement code i sent him
    * The second time this guy asked for the replacement code
    * And the negative response i sent him

Stop being a cheap one.
    Really? I asked for a replacement code and this was the message i received.

"Hi

There´s no license transfer program for new devices.
    iBlacklist was totally rebuilt for IOS4 firmwares and also to work on iphone 4.
    We don´t charge for software updates on registered devices, but we also do not transfer licenses to new devices.

Thanks to the comprehension

iBlackList Team"

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    this is the best program out there with the BEST support Specro has help me personally so I donated twice even though he told me I didn't need to. When I got my new 3gs I bought it again. So 3 times and I don't regret it for a second. and yeah I could get it "free" but I support the developer and all the help they have given me on this product.

You got a new phone, your old software was specif for that phone. So stop ******** and pay $12 boo hoo
    Are you ******* kidding me?? There are so many reasons for phone replacements anything from manufacture failures, warranty replacements to stolen phones. Sometimes having to replace your phone is beyond your control. If you purchased the product you've shown your support instead of installing a cracked, pirated copy to begin with so when these situations happen why wouldn't the vendor provide a replacement activation key? It's simply bad business. Eventually thier client base will dry up and find alternate products. Perhaps they will one day see how wrong thier business practices are and change this policy but the damage is definatly being done.
    Last edited by the_q; 08-18-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_q For This Useful Post:

bettik (10-01-2010), jwcrash (08-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    ^ bump
    ^bump

What is that ?

You bumped up a thread that had been dead for 3 months

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

saw the old thread and had to pipe in. I've been trying to get my license for my i4 on mcleaner since before jailbreakme was re-released. They don't answer an email one. I guess both are really bad at customer service

I have the same problem.
    I bought iBlacklist in May this year for my 3GS and have now upgraded to an iPhone 4.

I emailed the iBlacklist team and was told they wouldn't transfer my license to my new device.

That's pretty shoddy service imho.
    I could understand if it was a $3 app but it's not.
    For $12 I expect better service.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

When it comes to JB apps, many of these developers are not big operations. Some have not been around long, and the apps they sell on Cydia or Rock may even be the first software they've ever marketed.

As a result, the business practices may be all over the map from developer to developer. One developer may bend over backwards to help anybody, and another may blow off the simplest requests. It's all a matter of how they think, how big they want to become, and how big they THINK they are.

Clearly, some developers will think small. Their reputations will follow them, and their business models won't support continued operation, their user bases will dry up. That's natural selection in the market.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast