+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: smartRSS... a new RSS reader made by the iGuideTV team

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
do you have a link for that one?
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

do you have a link for that one?

Green Apple
    Thanks

it's kinda useless without ability to import feeds from opml. Users who know what a feed is know what's opml and have their feeds on their computers already. How are they supposed to transfer them to iPhone?
    I really hope you'll include this feature in the very next ver.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's a good app but the developer need bugfix and come out with a new ver, and please add the ability to delete feeds. For now I'm sticking with MobileRss

Thanks

I'm still waiting for an app that can read my current iPhone feed bookmarks. It's 2008...why are we still typing URLs?
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.

Thanks

Try "Feeds" it loads up and syncs with Google reader!!! Amazing.

Also if you can get it to work stable the old RSS reader does load up OPML files

MAzor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here are my beefs with SmartRSS 1.0.

GUI design guidelines "violations":
    - Wrong arrow type in feed list and entry list views (should be the small grey one, because it's action is the same as the entire row)
    - Wrong startup image (should reflect the running app and not be used as splash)
    - Non-standard list item delimiters ("shadow") in lists
    - Non-standard animations (They're fancy for the first 10 minutes of use but then they get annoying and slow. An option to disable them would be great.)

Other GUI annoyances:
    - Non-standard program icon in the feed list view (which I don't know yet if I like or not)
    - Inconsistent app name capitalizataion: SmartRSS vs smartRSS
    - "Want a branded version?\n SmartRSS version 1.0" tag footer? No thanks I don't mind if it's shown once per app update, or in the About box, but it's just wasting space there.
    - In "feed entry view" the ">>" arrow takes you to the older entry (some might reasonably expect the next/newer entry). Perhaps up and down arrows would be better, to better reflect the relationship with the previous view (entry list view/feed view)?

Inefficient screen realestate usage in some places:
    - do we really need the entire bottom Refresh/Ad/About bar in the feed view?
    - and what about the the Safari button in the entry view (can't the title of the entry just be clickable?)

Too much graphics/icons:
    - Is "Today" badge really needed in entry list? Wouldn't it be nicer if the date field just handled "Today" and "Yesterday" specially
    - Similarly, is the "RSS" badge in the feed list really needed?
    I propose having just a "new" symbol (asterisk or something) next to entries and next to feeds (if they contain a new entry) instead of all the badges.

Missing features:
    - feed list import
    - feed categories (hierarchical or single-level? not sure)
    - automatic refresh in background with a badge

Otherwise SmartRSS is way way way better than MobileRSS!

Also, I hope it gets open source'd, in which case I promise to donate $20 :P
    Last edited by jakaj; 05-13-2008 at 07:56 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jakaj For This Useful Post:

JMacalinao (05-17-2008)

Thanks

SmartRSS wont open on my 1.1.4 iphone. I already set the smartrss.app folder and all single files inside with 0777 permission, but still crash when it try to open. Sometime I got "Unexpected quit: Continue or Reset" I clicked both then it went back to springboard.

Any ideas? Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
    SmartRSS wont open on my 1.1.4 iphone. I already set the smartrss.app folder and all single files inside with 0777 permission, but still crash when it try to open. Sometime I got "Unexpected quit: Continue or Reset" I clicked both then it went back to springboard.

Any ideas? Thanks
    I got the same thing earlier so I had to reset the SmartRSS and there is one other thing I would like to point out in this program. When you click on a RSS that is new it seems to take forever to open to be able to read the whole story/thread/post. I have had this problem for about an hour now and it can be quite annoying.

Thanks

is it possible to edit the RSS Feed list manually on the PC (or Mac)? I donīt want to type the "extra" long feeds (more then 50 cryptic characters) with the iphone keyboard

i searched the .app folder for the config file but there is nothing to edit with the feeds

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i could translate to german if u want me to

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post

Any ideas? Thanks
    i got the same problem in my 113 ver iphone. what is the cause of this!!!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234