Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
04-18-2008, 03:54 PM #61
do you have a link for that one?
04-30-2008, 11:53 PM #62
it's kinda useless without ability to import feeds from opml. Users who know what a feed is know what's opml and have their feeds on their computers already. How are they supposed to transfer them to iPhone?
I really hope you'll include this feature in the very next ver.
05-02-2008, 11:08 AM #63
It's a good app but the developer need bugfix and come out with a new ver, and please add the ability to delete feeds. For now I'm sticking with MobileRss
05-02-2008, 11:19 AM #64
I'm still waiting for an app that can read my current iPhone feed bookmarks. It's 2008...why are we still typing URLs?I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.
05-02-2008, 05:16 PM #65
Try "Feeds" it loads up and syncs with Google reader!!! Amazing.
Also if you can get it to work stable the old RSS reader does load up OPML files
05-13-2008, 08:49 AM #66
Here are my beefs with SmartRSS 1.0.
GUI design guidelines "violations":
- Wrong arrow type in feed list and entry list views (should be the small grey one, because it's action is the same as the entire row)
- Wrong startup image (should reflect the running app and not be used as splash)
- Non-standard list item delimiters ("shadow") in lists
- Non-standard animations (They're fancy for the first 10 minutes of use but then they get annoying and slow. An option to disable them would be great.)
Other GUI annoyances:
- Non-standard program icon in the feed list view (which I don't know yet if I like or not)
- Inconsistent app name capitalizataion: SmartRSS vs smartRSS
- "Want a branded version?\n SmartRSS version 1.0" tag footer? No thanks I don't mind if it's shown once per app update, or in the About box, but it's just wasting space there.
- In "feed entry view" the ">>" arrow takes you to the older entry (some might reasonably expect the next/newer entry). Perhaps up and down arrows would be better, to better reflect the relationship with the previous view (entry list view/feed view)?
Inefficient screen realestate usage in some places:
- do we really need the entire bottom Refresh/Ad/About bar in the feed view?
- and what about the the Safari button in the entry view (can't the title of the entry just be clickable?)
Too much graphics/icons:
- Is "Today" badge really needed in entry list? Wouldn't it be nicer if the date field just handled "Today" and "Yesterday" specially
- Similarly, is the "RSS" badge in the feed list really needed?
I propose having just a "new" symbol (asterisk or something) next to entries and next to feeds (if they contain a new entry) instead of all the badges.
- feed list import
- feed categories (hierarchical or single-level? not sure)
- automatic refresh in background with a badge
Otherwise SmartRSS is way way way better than MobileRSS!
Also, I hope it gets open source'd, in which case I promise to donate $20 :P
Last edited by jakaj; 05-13-2008 at 08:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jakaj For This Useful Post:
05-19-2008, 09:33 PM #67
SmartRSS wont open on my 1.1.4 iphone. I already set the smartrss.app folder and all single files inside with 0777 permission, but still crash when it try to open. Sometime I got "Unexpected quit: Continue or Reset" I clicked both then it went back to springboard.
Any ideas? Thanks
05-20-2008, 03:04 AM #68
05-30-2008, 04:24 AM #69
is it possible to edit the RSS Feed list manually on the PC (or Mac)? I donīt want to type the "extra" long feeds (more then 50 cryptic characters) with the iphone keyboard
i searched the .app folder for the config file but there is nothing to edit with the feeds
05-30-2008, 06:08 AM #70
i could translate to german if u want me to
07-12-2008, 10:32 PM #71