Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Soon] Supreme Preferences 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by iMario16 View Post
    getting some beta testers is a very good idea.
    ... really? Wow.. So glad you're on top of that.

Glad to know you agree... but suspicious that you didn't take me up on my offer.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMario16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    ... really? Wow.. So glad you're on top of that.

Glad to know you agree... but suspicious that you didn't take me up on my offer.
    Who says i'm looking for testers at this very moment? It's not yet done for testing.

Hi Every on!
    quick question. As far as i know Supreme preference 3.0 works with winterboard.
    Is there a way to make it work without winterboard? i manage to theme the phone without winterboard (because of the speed)
    But i cant make dock icons labels disappear.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by pablogiorgini View Post
    But i cant make dock icons labels disappear. Thanks!!
    Same problem here. I thought I had seen a post somewhere with instructions on how to make the icon labels transparent. I even inserted the code from Sauriks icon theme into a few places in springboard.app as trial of elimination process but got nowhere. Any help appreciated.

I found some info here
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...on-labels.html

also, i post step by step everything i do with no luck!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have a question. As far as have seen Supreme preference 3.0 works with winterboard(YES IT DOES!!!).Is there any other way to make it work without winterboard? I have managed to theme the phone without winterboard (because of the speed).But I cant make dock icons labels disappear.
    mod/edit links removed

I installed this last night and ended up screwing up my 3GS to the point where I had to restore. Everything seemed to be working fine until I realized that simply installing it changed some of my settings. One in particular was double-tapping the home button. Rather than double-tapping for phone favorites or bringing up iPod controls if music is running, it would only do one or the other. Not both. It also screwed up respringing Springboard. Springboard would respring, but would never take me to the lock screen. So after "respringing", I'd be at my home screen but couldn't tap on any icons until I put it to sleep and unlocked it.

To try and fix these issues (along with others...) I read on a forum that I should try resetting my settings. So, I did that.... and my iPhone never came back on. It just kept flipping between the Apple logo and a black screen. I had to put it in restore mode twice to force it to restore but finally got it going.

Moral of the story: don't install Supreme Preferences. You won't use most of them anyway.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Loonng ago, SP worked. But I had strange issues even with 2.2. In peticular screen dimmer. I like the concept of SP but anything that changes that many system settings must be very well written and tested ... or the results will be disastrous.

supreme pref 3.0 still down? or is there a new source that needs to be added?

yes the "concept" of the app is great....but this is the type of app that really needs to be tested over and over and not released until 100%. Also the app shouldnt change any of the standard settings without permission. Thats just bad joojoo :-) I downloaded this when it was released and it screwed up my phone to where I had to restore. Good luck on future apps

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully someone else makes another Prefs app, we had like 3 on 2.x, cuz this one causes too many problems and has shady dev practices.
    iLive an iLife

More does not always mean better.

When I had it on my iPod touch it had so many redundant features. I think many of them could have just modified the original settings to show the new values instead of making two totally independent values which gives the impression of which one really is the iPod going to take.

Thanks

Everything works perfectly fine except for the MS settings. Do not blame EVERYTHING on Supreme Preferences.

@ billchase2
    You where getting the Apple logo all the time when you resetted your settings with Apple's reset setting, why blame Supreme Preferences for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    cuz this one causes too many problems and has shady dev practices.
    What'd you mean by that?

^^ It is true, you released your app without listening to your beta testers. SP3 almost ruined my phone, not the beta but the final release. I updated, and then my phone rebooted and was stuck at the apple logo, only after using DiskAid to delete the dylib was I able to fix it. What about the carrier name trick? You didn't give an option to revert to default. I mentioned that but it was ignored.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    ^^ It is true, you released your app without listening to your beta testers. SP3 almost ruined my phone, not the beta but the final release. I updated, and then my phone rebooted and was stuck at the apple logo, only after using DiskAid to delete the dylib was I able to fix it. What about the carrier name trick? You didn't give an option to revert to default. I mentioned that but it was ignored.
    The bug by the dylib was not a bug in Supreme Preferences - it's a bug in the installation. Then again, i warned a couple of times on MT to NOT upgrade from an earlier version.

And of course you can't restore your carrier logo, except if your using MakeItMine, or if you type in your original carrier. That's all known already since firmware 1.x.

And i've tried to make an option for that, it worked, but also gave me a SWoD all the time, so i did not put it in. -.-

Thanks

When I remove the supreme preferences app it messes up my custom theme, how do I remove the app without it effecting the theme I allready have?
    Last edited by opusandbill; 07-26-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Coming from an experienced developer, I think Supreme Settings and its Author(iMario) are the worst piece of crap that has come to iPhone in 3.0. It messes with the permission in the user preferences directory, messing up preferences for other applications, as well as causing many other SpringBoard failures. And NOW, he is taking his exact same 'Supreme Preferences', renaming it, and selling it on Cydia Store for 2 dollars!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@gojihnnyboi... Have no idea about the developer, but must agree with you about SP. Number one rule is cause no harm and provide a clean exit. With all the messing around with the system settings, I would be hard pressed to accomplish even one of these. Hense the reason most of my mods are manually performed.

On a side note, it's a tough job and adding the Winterboard interface made it far too much for my safety conscience.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMario16 View Post
    What'd you mean by that?

A) It was a product clearly not fit for public release.
    B) As i said before, you release a free product that caused countless restores and problems with iPhones and now just because you fixed the bugs that shouldnt have been there in the first place you want to charge $2 for it? Homie dont play that.
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gojohnnyboi View Post
    Coming from an experienced developer, I think Supreme Settings and its Author(iMario) are the worst piece of crap that has come to iPhone in 3.0. It messes with the permission in the user preferences directory, messing up preferences for other applications, as well as causing many other SpringBoard failures. And NOW, he is taking his exact same 'Supreme Preferences', renaming it, and selling it on Cydia Store for 2 dollars!
    It's NOT gonna be the exact same thing. And maybe i'm gonna release it for free anyways.

All the bugs SP caused could get fixed WITHOUT a full restore. People are just way to easy and quickly perform a restore, then blame SP for everything that it's a **** program and whatnot.

If you don't like it; don't install it. Simple as that.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast