Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launchesforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
06-29-2009, 01:21 PM #1Cylay 3.0 for iPhone OS 3.0 with PUSH Notification, better than 'Find My iPhone'.
As the first anti-theft and security iPhone software in the world, Cylay has been used by over hundreds of thousands users since its first release half a year ago and helped hundreds of iPhone users to find their lost iPhones. We have redesigned all of functions from users’ feedback and our experiences and completed the new version with the following features:
1）We have improved to the maxium real-time remote control of iPhone via Internet by means of iPhone’s PUSH Notification (similar to Apple MobileMe’s Find my iPhone).
- Position Locating: It can report iPhone’s real-time location more prompt and more accurate.
- Information Broadcasting: It can broadcast any information to your iPhone via “Display a message”.
- It can lock the iPhone, wipe iPhone data, backup, and restore the data, and forward SMS.
2) Improve control iPhone via SMS commands to provide more ways to find the lost iPhone.- Improve the warning of SIM card changing.
- Automatically search for the network and send out the warning message to Cylay server when the iPhone is powered off or without the SIM card for a long period of time.
- Add additional verification of the phone number of an iPhone so that the warning message can be sent out on time when an iPhone is lost.
- Activate the iPhone’s position locating feature via SMS and obtain on time the current location of an iPhone.
- It can control an iPhone for locking, backing-up, forwarding SMS, wiping data, and acquisition of the up-to-date record of phone conversation.
Cydia Source iPone Only
More information, please go to Home : iFoneTec Cylay.
06-29-2009, 06:58 PM #2
Looks pretty cool, but when I try to DL via Cydia, I get "host unreachable"...
06-30-2009, 01:22 AM #3
06-30-2009, 01:46 AM #4
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
- Thanked 5 Times in 1 Post
im confused, is this free?
06-30-2009, 01:54 AM #5
first 15 days yes then nope
06-30-2009, 02:51 AM #6
So, how they managed to use Push Notifications being a jb app? Are they using "fake push notifications" from GriP dev, kennyTM?
06-30-2009, 08:45 AM #7
I have a 2G JB'd phone. I have Cylay set up, but when i'm in the "Control Panel" it says i'm "offline". How do I get "online"??
06-30-2009, 10:19 AM #8
06-30-2009, 10:25 AM #9
Ah, ok, so it's useless to me.
06-30-2009, 11:56 AM #10no support for existing customers using 2G and OS3.0?
- version 2.0 does not run anymore on OS 3.0
- and version 3.0 does not run with 2G ???
06-30-2009, 06:07 PM #11
Version 3.0 doesn't seem to work at all. I keep getting error messages when i input my username and password in the settings like "Cylay has been expired, Please purchase if you like it" (even though i already have a VIP license), and "Failed - This iPhone has been registered lost status".
Version 3.0.2 also doesn't workWhen I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?
07-01-2009, 02:09 AM #123.02 now runs with 2G on OS3.0 again
the 3.02 update made it run again
07-03-2009, 10:56 AM #13
07-12-2009, 06:45 AM #14
I have the VIP account and I cant get it to work on the remote control panel as it keeps saying Push is not activated on the iphone. Its activated and working for the email.
It also says its only working on 3g and 3ps ........ I am using a 3g iphone with 3.0 firmware ....... so maybe the PUSH facility has a problem, but its no use to me really in its present state.
07-13-2009, 03:07 AM #153.0.2: iPhone 2G gets an pathetic < 8 hours battery lifetime
Version 2.x of Cylay worked fine with iPhone 2G.
No effect on battery lifetime.
But starting with Cylay 3.x switching off any
network connection (during night) leads to
an empty battery before morning.
Must be some Push- or No-push problem
with Cylay 3.x.
Turning off Cylay immediately leads to
normal battery drain.
07-15-2009, 04:43 PM #16
I don't even have it in settings. Hummmmmm....
10-13-2009, 06:56 PM #17
i kept getting incorrect username/password. it was annoying and took me an hour or so to set up.
now even though i turn passcode unlock off, i still have to put in a passcode everytime i unlock to me its annoying. is there a way to turn the app off untill i need it?
10-13-2009, 07:52 PM #18
If the dev's of this app or anyone that might be able to help, I've never had the app in my settings. I have had a jail broken iPhone 3GS since 3.0 and now 3.0.1.
Cylay has never been in my settings so I can't use the app.
I've uninstalled and installed twice.
Re-jail broke after upgrading to 3.0.1 and still no joy.
Am I just screwed or suggestions?
Thank you all,