Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ActivateMMS2G - iSpazio

Do not install activatemms had to restore. It don't seem to be working. Cydia should remove it

anyone else who goofed and installed on a jailbroken 3G figured out how to get the device running to uninstall it without a restore? if not guess i'm on the restore bandwagon with everyone else.
    What's the best option to restore if that's what we have to do, can't get iTunes to detect since the device is not actually booting up.
    Last edited by acidsurfr; 06-28-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acidsurfr View Post
    anyone else who goofed and installed on a jailbroken 3G figured out how to get the device running to uninstall it without a restore? if not guess i'm on the restore bandwagon with everyone else.
    What's the best option to restore if that's what we have to do, can't get iTunes to detect since the device is not actually booting up.
    I really don't know 2 different versions of iTunes 8.1 and 8.2 are not letting me restore from my 2.2.1 restore i'm getting an error in DFU mode, this is such a headache I feel like a jackass for even downloading this now.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroRick21 View Post
    I really don't know 2 different versions of iTunes 8.1 and 8.2 are not letting me restore from my 2.2.1 restore i'm getting an error in DFU mode, this is such a headache I feel like a jackass for even downloading this now.
    After several attempts and some "f" bombing my laptop and iphone, i finally got into DFU mode and i am currently restoring. I am assuming i am going to have to re-jailbreak and re-install all of my apps and cydia apps after syncing....i'll update everyone when complete. Try to give a step by step that maybe a moderator can "sticky" for others who f'ed up as i did.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

For those that used this on 3g. It will brick your 3g iphone. I tried to see what's going to happen our of curiosity. 3.0 programs don't tend to work well on 2.2.1. It will brick your iphone and phone wont even show up in the computer or itunes, nor you will be able to delete the program through i-funbox. So if you have 3g don't attempt to install it, you will brick your 3g and you will have to put it in dfu mode to restore it.

Default hope this helps
    I tried installing APN editing on my 2G on 3.0 firmware and it didnt work. so i did some editing and made a ATT US carrier file that supports apn editing. if someone can tell me how to host this file you can all have it.
    It now shows
    Cellular data

Visual Voicemail

MMS

i can edit all of those on my 2G.

I just did the same thing some of you other guys did with a 3g phone. I can't seem to get iTunes to even read my device how are you guys restoring?

well, i cant seem to be able to send MMS

cause the APN and username and pasword get DELETED when i exit the network menu...

EDGE works fine tho, and swirly was usable on my phone before.

n/m I think I figured out by reading some things. Didn't know how to get into DFU. Hope it works I am nervous.

Chunkytailor unless you have mms enabled on your plan you won't able to send or recieve.

chunkytaylor..haha, anyways, I am on a family plan with unlimited messaging. My whole family can send pics (They dont have iphones tho) but i have an iphone data plan. Is that keeping me from sending mms
    p.s. Swirly never worked for me

great! now my edge isnt workin!!!
    Last edited by chucktaylorfan92; 06-28-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

downloaded. nothing about cellular data network shows up in network -.-

downloaded and installed fine. My APN settings only stuck if I changed the edge apn epc.tmobile.com to wap.voicestream.com and then it sort of worked. I got the camera icon and my MMS seemed to send (it went through) but i sent one to myself and someone else(non iPhone) and neither ever got through. My edge is working fine again after I changed the APN back but my mms settings disappeared again

I still haven't been able to get my apn to stick, the other settings stay though. I'm using internet2.voicestream.com for edge, does anyone know a solution? And what about the last 2 settings, mms size and whatever the other one is. Do we put anything there?

I installed it, icon is showing, it says sending when I send. No one is receiving my pictures (MMS)??? Anyone have settings for Rogers?

On my 2G iPhone it installed okay but the MMS APN won't stay. The MMSC and MMSC proxy settings do stay, though. Any idea?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have it successfully working on my 2G, the trick is to send yourself an MMS first.

I have no cellular APN options under Settings>General or anything, I just set MMS to on, sent a message to myself and now it'll work with others.

TDD, I take it since your in Australia your not using AT&T. Probably why yours works.

worked great for me. being able to send pics in the normal message app is way better than it was on swirlymms. for those saying the APN won't stay, you can't exit the Cellular Data Newtork page. Fill everything out, go back and then reboot and you're all good. took me a while but i figured that out. I'm on T-Mobile and everthing works fine except the picture quality isn't that good.

SuperVee3, what apn did u use?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast