Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronus works with 3.0?

Default Chronus works with 3.0?
    Someone knows if Chronus compatible with 3.0? I want to upgrade to 3.0 firmware, any other solution?

thx

Chronus works well for me, so happy upgrading!

Default some not ?
    what about the people it isn't working well for, for instance me. So far i lost about half of my pictures, safari bookmarks, and all my contacts. I had restored 1 previous time with 3.0 and the contacts were fine but maps and safari crashed almost every time i would go to suspend the programs and i would loose all the work i was doing in the programs. so i decided to do another clean install/jailbreak, this time contacts won't come back, when i look in the address book folder in the timecapsule folder (chronus) it has

AddressBookImages.sqlitedb
    descriptions

the same as last time, and it restored fine, this time I can't get any contacts. Anyone else having problems ? or have a solution ? please any help is appreciated.
    iPhone Owner.

Strange. The only apps I had some trouble restoring were App Store apps.

But remember you can always replace stuff with your backup files (for example AddressBookImages.sqlitedb) on your own.

You can find most of the standard stuff in var/mobile/Library

You might have to check permissions, before you replace and set the same permission on the backup file.

Thanks

Works for me. In fact the upgrade to 3.0 was the smoothest yet for me.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

When I check inisde the address book folder I see the regular addresbook.sql and the addressbookinages.sql but chronus only has the images one and the descriptions file that looks like a QuickTime extension inside the folder, I tried replacing the files manually but nothing, I'm sure that the contacts are in there because the first time that I restored the phone with chronus the contacts came back no problem. I did check the file permisssions and it was at 0755, is that all I Have to change?
    iPhone Owner.

I'm having the same problem. Except with my situation, I did chronus, went into my contacts and they were all there. Left the Contacts app and they were gone. But when I go over to spotlight and look up a contact, they are there. Any solution?

I just checked my Chronus backup folder (var/mobile/library/preferences/TimeCapsule) and I have all three files in there (AddressBook.sqlitedb; AddressBookImages.sqlitedb; descriptions.plist).

Also after upgrading to 3.0, restoring basic stuff like Addressbook, SMS, Calendar... worked perfectly for me, so I really don't know, what went wrong for you guys.

Problems that occurred for me were with the Camera Roll (blacked out grid view), because Apple changed something with the Photo database I think. And some app store apps wouldn't restore as they should, probably because they were modified for 3.0. But overall I was able to restore everything of significance.

Maybe you guys should contact the devs.

Also synchronizing things like Calendar, Notes and Addressbook to your PC/Mac is something you should always do anyway, just in case you loose your phone. I'm not 100% sure about PCs, but on Macs this works flawlessly.

Thanks

Ive found that for backing up and restoreing AppStore apps, AppBackup works best. Chronus is for all other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Ive found that for backing up and restoreing AppStore apps, AppBackup works best.
    Can't you just use iTunes to back up App Store application data? If you need it for the sake of getting through a firmware update unscathed, anyway. It's not really useful for much else.
    Last edited by Spironic; 07-21-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spironic View Post
    Can't you just use iTunes to back up App Store application data? If you need it for the sake of getting through a firmware update unscathed, anyway. It's not really useful for much else.
    You can, but you have to restore your phone from backup which I never recommend, especially if you restore due to corrupted apps or other problems.

I just upgraded to 3.0 last night, and Chronus backed up everything fine, and restored all files without problem once running 3.0

The problem I'm having is that Chronus is now no longer backing up files like it should. I hit 'Backup' and it acts like its backing up, the spinner spins, the 'Chronus' back button disappears... but the back up never shows, nor is it there when I SSH in to check.
    Also, the delete doesn't work. Click on backup to delete, hit delete, nothing happens... still there.

Not sure what to do. Seems like a permissions issue but I can't find anything myself. Anyone else having this problem or can offer a solution?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zach714 View Post
    I just upgraded to 3.0 last night, and Chronus backed up everything fine, and restored all files without problem once running 3.0

The problem I'm having is that Chronus is now no longer backing up files like it should. I hit 'Backup' and it acts like its backing up, the spinner spins, the 'Chronus' back button disappears... but the back up never shows, nor is it there when I SSH in to check.
    Also, the delete doesn't work. Click on backup to delete, hit delete, nothing happens... still there.

Not sure what to do. Seems like a permissions issue but I can't find anything myself. Anyone else having this problem or can offer a solution?

Thanks
    You need to change ownership on the TimeCapsule folder to mobile:mobile

You can do this either with mobile terminal on your iphone, Putty if on Windows or Terminal on a Mac.

Login as root, password: alpine

chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/TimeCapsule/

SImilarly you may have to do the same for teh AppBackup library folder if you used it:

chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile/Library/AppBackup/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

zach714 (07-21-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    You need to change ownership on the TimeCapsule folder to mobile:mobile

You can do this either with mobile terminal on your iphone, Putty if on Windows or Terminal on a Mac.

Login as root, password: alpine

chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/TimeCapsule/

SImilarly you may have to do the same for teh AppBackup library folder if you used it:

chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile/Library/AppBackup/
    Thanks so much... Chronus works just fine now.