+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stack v2.2 is out!! Stack v3 to follow!!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I know several of you may already know is, but this is for those who don't. Stack v2.2 is out for the OS 3.0. It's not on Cydia and has
    iTJ
    Thanks

Default Stack v2.2 is out!! Stack v3 to follow!!
    I know several of you may already know is, but this is for those who don't. Stack v2.2 is out for the OS 3.0. It's not on Cydia and has to be installed manually via MobileTerminal. It's a great upgrade from v2.1, but it does have it's downfalls. With v2.2 you have the ability to move the stack anywhere on the dock. The downside is that it covers up any icons there. It can be an easy fix if you place a blank icon in the dock and place the stack on top it. It also has preferences within the Settings app. You can change the look of the stack and the way it behaves. It also works with Five Icon Dock for those of you who use it. The only other thing that bothered me was the stack would appear briefly when an app loaded. It only stayed for a few seconds, then disappeared, but I'm picky and it bothered me a little bit. I'm very picky when it comes to some apps, but after taking sometime to setup the way I like, it works pretty well. Overall I enjoyed Stack v2.2, but it had some minor fixes that needed to be fixed. You can check it out at: Stack for iPhone OS

Now for the good stuff!
    Steven is working on Stack v3. While your checking out his site about v2.2 you can donate and get your hands on a copy of his alpha versions of v3. I've personally used two of the alpha updates and the problems that I was having with v2.2 are gone. With the alpha versions, the stack actually behaves as an icon and won't cover anything up. The cool thing about it, it can be moved ANYWHERE on the SpringBoard. You can use it in your dock or on the springboard page. It behaves the same in either place. It still works with Five Icon Dock. It's SO much better than v2.2 and I'm REALLY enjoying this one. In future updates he's planning to have the ability to use multiple stacks. If that's the case, I won't have worry about loading times with Categories. If you really like the early versions of Stack, you're going to LOVE the new one! Oh did I mention that the images are customizable.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

Thanks

Awesome great post man.

I just installed it works great I am a happy man
    Last edited by kwall; 06-25-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COnu0j9XhfM]YouTube - Stack v3 for iPhone OS 3.0[/ame]
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

iTJ (06-25-2009)

iTJ
    Thanks

Thank you so much for uploading the vid to this thread. That's perfect.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

iTJ
    Thanks

Default Stack v3a1 Update

Here's an update on Stack v3a1. I've recently installed the Update 5 and Steven has added a few features (disabled one until it works properly). In addition to moving the Stack around, you'll be able to delete the Stack from the springboard like other apps (this is the feature hat was disabled in the recent update until it works currently). A neat feature I like that will come in handy when multiple stacks are enabled is the ability to name each Stack. A new popup feature asks you before removing an app from the stack, so no more accidently removing an app. There are still some bugs and alignment issues that Steven is aware of, but he keeps improving it with every update (he's been releasing a new update almost daily). I really like what he has done so far and the continued improvements he has made. Here are a few screenshots of Stack working on my iPhone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stack v2.2 is out!! Stack v3 to follow!!-img_0029.png   Stack v2.2 is out!! Stack v3 to follow!!-img_0025.png   Stack v2.2 is out!! Stack v3 to follow!!-img_0026.png   Stack v2.2 is out!! Stack v3 to follow!!-img_0027.png   Stack v2.2 is out!! Stack v3 to follow!!-img_0028.png   Stack v2.2 is out!! Stack v3 to follow!!-img_0030.png   Stack v2.2 is out!! Stack v3 to follow!!-img_0031.png  
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed Stack 2.2 but found it too flakey -- it was crashing too often and had weird behavior.

I made a donation for Stack 3.0 Alpha two days ago but haven't received that version yet. The Stack blog has very quiet for a couple of days now. Maybe the developer (Steven) has gone on vacation...

iTJ
    Thanks

Yeah it's been really quite. I haven't recieved a update since Monday. There have been minor changes since my last post, but nothing good enough to post about. Hopefully he'll release an update soon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The last update that I received was the alpha 6c. I'm eagerly awaiting the update that allows us to use multiple stacks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

For those that donated, how did you get the alpha version.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    For those that donated, how did you get the alpha version.
    I received it along with instructions in an email about an hour after I donated.

iTJ
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dzel18 View Post
    The last update that I received was the alpha 6c. I'm eagerly awaiting the update that allows us to use multiple stacks.
    Yeah that's the update I got too. I love that the stack can be named, but I'm like you and can't wait till he's got the multi. stack working.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow has it come a long way from when stacks for the iphone first showed up on google code ha. v3 looks sweet.

just donated!
    Last edited by kriffer; 07-06-2009 at 12:28 AM.
    iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 jailbroken

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hope to get the alpha soon. It would Have been nice to automatically get it as soon as you donate though.

iTJ
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    Hope to get the alpha soon. It would Have been nice to automatically get it as soon as you donate though.
    I hope you get it soon. I received mine just a few hours after I donated. Steven may be on vacation or something. I had been receiving updates since update #2 and I was getting them almost daily until this last update (6c). I haven't received anything in a week.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just contributed (two days ago) and received 6c today so I guess that's still the latest distribution (to the alpha group).

Seems to be pretty stable. I was having issues with version 2.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have v3.0 i just downloaded. i have the "stacks" section in my settings, but it is no where to be found on my spring board. is it hidden under a default app? i have 5 icon dock on.. not sure if that woudl change anything.

any help would be great (3gs on 3.0)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You need to leave room in the dock. Move a docked icon and respring

iTJ
    Thanks

Well there hasn't been an update for v3 in a while now, but I figured I would show you all this. I've been using the White Apple theme for a while and decided to mod Stack v3 to match and this was my outcome.

New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ looks cool. Real practical for that theme too

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

iTJ (07-30-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does anybody know a way to contact the developer (steven i guess)?
    i made a donation through paypal but i did it from an email i don't remember the pas anymore and can't seem to be able to retriev it! lolol
    i've printscreened the receipt and wanted to send it to him and ask him to send me stack to another e-mail lol

Edit: solved...just noticed that his e-mail is in my paypal page "your donation is complete"

thanks anyway
    Last edited by villagedog; 07-30-2009 at 07:15 AM.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast