Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Stock Video Recorder

Default 3GS Stock Video Recorder
    Will this be ported to work with the original 3G? I don't see why it couldnt be done.

double post....sorry please delete
    Last edited by happypappy; 06-21-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ur dumb the ony reason the 3gs can record is because of the processor and extra ram it would basically overload the iphone 3g. not to mention the 3gs also has upgraded graphics which play a major role.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nmejunkie View Post
    ur dumb the ony reason the 3gs can record is because of the processor and extra ram it would basically overload the iphone 3g. not to mention the 3gs also has upgraded graphics which play a major role.
    No need to call anyone dumb. I though the same thing before I looked it up. It's a common misconception.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

it's common ignorance....

And your becoming a common jerk...

The only thing wrong with Simone who doesn't search is the jerk that thinks calling someone dumb justifies anything.....

The only thing wrong with Simone who doesn't search is the jerk that thinks calling someone dumb justifies anything.....
    Last edited by z3r01; 06-22-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (06-22-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Get Cycorder!

^^now that was a smart answer thank you theREALpeter

And WHO tells you someone canīt port the video app from the 3gS, and make it work according to the 3G limitations (15fps qvga)??? I mean, all the ones that quickly jump on happypappy would look like big douches

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Well in that case the 2G iPhone cannot send or receive any type of MMS right? Cuz Apple says its not compatible If anyone is dumb here its you for doubting the jailbreak community. Your still a noob here so I'll let it slide this one time
    iLive an iLife

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

youngfab310 (06-22-2009)

yeah im sorry for doubting a half *** idea for recording poor *** quality video on a 3g. and im not doubting the jailbreak community all hardware has is limitations. for some people 15 fps may cut it but i have an iphone for that reason i want it to work i don't want ads (cycorder) and i want quality.

u cannot possibly tell me that jailbreaking and running themes and other jailbroken apps has had no impact on ur phone because i was there on 1.0 with the safari exploit I jailbroke 2.0 on my 3g and i will definatly jailbreak 3gs to overclock it. but despite all the fun and cool stuff it does have its downsides and making the phone do stuff it wasn't really made for (video recording) will never be up to apple standards. It would have been there in the first place.
    Last edited by nmejunkie; 06-22-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Your best option will be Video Recorder For 3.0

The source you will need is iphonevideorecorder.com/3

That is just a trial and limits you to 30 Seconds.
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 06-24-2009 at 02:14 PM.

nmejunkie Kindly gtfo this thread. =)

HappyPappy there are people working on what you asked in your first post as we speak. its only a matter of time..

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...g-2g-3g-3.html

Thanks

Dont you think we would have had 30fps by now with cycorder if it were possible?

Keep dreaming getting 30fps on the 3G

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Actually there is no difference in the graphics capabilities of the 3g vs. 3gs aside from the processor and ram.

And the 3g is sufficient to process video, proof being cycorder. The video wouldnt be quite the quality of the 3gs but its very capable and would still work well. The biggest problem would actually be the compression capabilities....which is were the processor and memory upgrades would come in.

it is already hacked and seme like it is working on 3G and 2G jsut wait a little it will be full finction :P

here is the news : ESCLUSIVA ISPAZIO: Anche l’iPhone EDGE ed il 3G Supportano l’Editing dei video [Modding in corso] iSpazio

yeah im sorry for doubting a half *** idea for recording poor *** quality video on a 3g. and im not doubting the jailbreak community all hardware has is limitations. for some people 15 fps may cut it but i have an iphone for that reason i want it to work i don't want ads (cycorder) and i want quality.

u cannot possibly tell me that jailbreaking and running themes and other jailbroken apps has had no impact on ur phone because i was there on 1.0 with the safari exploit I jailbroke 2.0 on my 3g and i will definatly jailbreak 3gs to overclock it. but despite all the fun and cool stuff it does have its downsides and making the phone do stuff it wasn't really made for (video recording) will never be up to apple standards. It would have been there in the first place.
    Why are you not banned yet? I know I pretty much just lurk this board, but you have contributed nothing to this thread but call people names and spout nonsense as if you actually know what you're talking about.

Video recording is definitely possible on the 3G, and it's been around for a long time now. It's not as clean-cut as the 3GS but it's definitely there and the quality is pretty good.
    The iPhone, even the first gen, is a pretty powerful device. You think it's not capable of recording video, even if cheapie cellphones are?

Google Translate -Translated to english for those who havent read it.

Is this mod legit? its been a week since its been updated.

Everybody who is working on this KEEP up the good work. This would take the video mod to the next level!

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Actually there is no difference in the graphics capabilities of the 3g vs. 3gs
    LOL! Are you serious? Have you not seen the demos and comparisons between the 3G and 3GS? The 3GS smokes the 3G as far as GPU capabilities. Check out http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/30/fi...ing-tech-demo/. They have a demo of Real Racing with 40, yes 40, cars racing as opposed to six. The 3GS doesnt even hickup. Its nuts! Cant wait to see what games comes out.

But as far as the 3G and video goes, I've had Cycorder and iPhone Video Recorder and both are decent as far as mobile video recording goes. Better than nothing, thats for sure.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 07-02-2009 at 03:56 PM.