+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMms for 3.0

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
When Is it gonna be released.I went to install it and its inque because it is having conflicts with 3.0 ?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking SwirlyMms for 3.0
    When Is it gonna be released.I went to install it and its inque because it is having conflicts with 3.0 ?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

why would you need it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone huey85's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    why would you need it?
    He doesn't have a 3G iPhone? Native MMS is not enabled on 2G iPhones.

Thanks

I have not reinstalled mine yet but because I bought it I will be installing it I think its got more features but I believe it should work for 3g !
    Iphone 3g 16g jailbroken4.2.1... "dont fear the jailbreak !"

Green Apple
    Thanks

According to this message on SwirlySpace (not sure if this is the actual site for Swirly or not), they are not going to bring the older version up to be compatible with version 3, and anyone with the old version will have to upgrade. Pure bull if that really is the case.

SwirlySpace AB • View topic - SwirlyMMS 2.0.2 and 1.3.2 on iPhoneOS3

Thanks

Thats Is pure bull just another way to make more money..

Thanks

Yes because running a business should have absolutely zero to do with generating a profit?

Why waste time and resources supporting two versions of swirlymss when this is the perfect time to continue on with the new version and drop the old.

Apple does it all the time. How is this any different? Oh i know why.. because it is an inconvenience to you.

You are not forced to upgrade to 3.0. If you don't like the sacrifices you have to make in order to make progress then remain where you are with a perfectly functional iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Decon,

If that was the business plan, they should've said something about that earlier this year when the second version was released so some of us wouldn't buy the first version thinking it was going to be continued. Today is the first I've heard that it isn't going to be continued. It would be like Microsoft releasing Windows 7 waiting a couple days and saying, sorry, Your copy of Office 2007 Home edition no longer works, you have to upgrade to Office 2007 Professional in order to use Office.

It isn't the idea of making a profit that bothers me, but don't offer a product and act like it's going to be supported until a day or two after the new software comes out, then say "Sorry, send us another $6 (per phone) to send a picture message. That's my main gripe with them. I was willing to pay $6/phone to send picture messages (I think I've sent/received 10 total in 4 months), but not $12/phone. Now I'm out $6/phone unless I decide to double my money to keep my software functional. Sorry, I didn't realize I was signing up for a subscription.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

swirlyMMS V1 latest version is working on my iPhone 2G 3.0 software but it doesnt show that i have a new MMS Messege and it lags when saving images to camera roll

Green Apple
    Thanks

How did you get it to install? I tried through Cydia, but it says it's an incompatible version.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got it from a pirated repo x something i think

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by synbios1978 View Post
    Decon,

If that was the business plan, they should've said something about that earlier this year when the second version was released so some of us wouldn't buy the first version thinking it was going to be continued. Today is the first I've heard that it isn't going to be continued. It would be like Microsoft releasing Windows 7 waiting a couple days and saying, sorry, Your copy of Office 2007 Home edition no longer works, you have to upgrade to Office 2007 Professional in order to use Office.

It isn't the idea of making a profit that bothers me, but don't offer a product and act like it's going to be supported until a day or two after the new software comes out, then say "Sorry, send us another $6 (per phone) to send a picture message. That's my main gripe with them. I was willing to pay $6/phone to send picture messages (I think I've sent/received 10 total in 4 months), but not $12/phone. Now I'm out $6/phone unless I decide to double my money to keep my software functional. Sorry, I didn't realize I was signing up for a subscription.
    I can agree this. I will admit i am not pleased with the way they handled the switch but i understand the logic behind it.

What pisses me off more then this swirly business is the way apple is selectively offering functions based on which phone you have.

No mms for the first gen, why? Supposedly because it is not powerful enough.

No video on the 3G? Same reason for the first gen not having mms.

Yet all these functions have been available to the homebrew crowd for a long time. Hell even before the 3G came along.

Anyways, i'm ranting... i agree with your statement. Could of been handled better, but the show must go on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

True. I totally agree with you on the Apple business. I could possibly see the video recorder as at least the new phone includes a better camera and faster processor for better video recording. But, there is no difference between the 2G and 3G for picture messaging other than 3G which would just take a little longer to send, which obviously SwirlyMMS can do. Same with tethering. Outside of the obvious bandwidth difference and a gps chip, there is no difference between the 2G and 3G phone. I agree with your statement about Apple, just a reason via software lockout to convince users to upgrade to their newer phone. My guess is next year it will be the ability to use multiple apps simultaneously with the additional memory to cause users to have to leave the iphone 3G to the 3GS.

Thanks

Ok im on a 2g with 3.0 and I installed swirly throught a cracked repo and it works with 3.0. I have sent and recieved and saved photos and no crashing only problem is when you save a photo to camera roll the camera roll photo is black no thumbnail of the actual picture when when you view it it shows perfect.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DJM AutoWerkz For This Useful Post:

nugey1001 (06-23-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    Ok im on a 2g with 3.0 and I installed swirly throught a cracked repo and it works with 3.0. I have sent and recieved and saved photos and no crashing only problem is when you save a photo to camera roll the camera roll photo is black no thumbnail of the actual picture when when you view it it shows perfect.
    yeah thats what im getting too and it kinda lags when saving but thats about it

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont why why you would bother.The version 3 works perfectly.
    I paid for swirly as this was the only option before but no need now just like the bluetooth apps.
    My signiture? Whats that...............

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On my first gen iPhone I have no "official" MMS, neither other stuff. Now they want me to pay again? I already paid $8 for the first version and there is no upgrade for me?. I quit… Don't send me MMS, thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does anyone know the release date for the 2.1 swirly? i dont care i will pay the $6 i want MMS on my 2 G damn it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where can i get the swirly?!?!? i paid $12 bucks for that & $20 for the videorecorder

does anyone have videorecorder on 3.0 working yet? thats what im waiting to update for.
    Last edited by eddiem; 06-23-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiem View Post
    where can i get the swirly?!?!? i paid $12 bucks for that & $20 for the videorecorder

does anyone have videorecorder on 3.0 working yet? thats what im waiting to update for.

from iPhone Video Recorder

Install iPhone Video Recorder for 3.x iPhone

Install Method : Cydia or lcy method

1) Please add iPhone Video Recorder source "http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/3" to your Cydia or lcy source, and install it.
    2) Reboot your iPhone.