+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMms for 3.0

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
So does swirlymms work with the 2G running 3.0? I dont mind paying for it I just cant get a positive answer.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So does swirlymms work with the 2G running 3.0? I dont mind paying for it I just cant get a positive answer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Instead of waiting for Swirly's official release for 3.0 I have MMS on my 2G iPhone now.

I got the SwirlyMMS from the Xsellize repository to work with my 2G iPhone 3.0 but it wasn't easy. It's not working 100% but send and receive picture worked with my T-Mobile account. What doesn't work is the little red indicator for a new MMS message and the associated audible or buzz. I bought SwirlyMMS back when I was at 1.1.3 and was happy with it. If Apple does not enable MMS for the 2G iPhone, I'm glad that there's at least this alternative.

It took a lot of googling and trial and error before things worked. If the settings are wrong or conflicting the green 'M' in Swirly will not appear and nothing work. If the settings are partially correct, receive MMS would work but not send.

Currently, I have the $5.99 T-zones data plan and the $9.99 / 1000 messages option on my T-Mobile account.

So this my working configuration:

Settings-General->Network->Cellular Data Network
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User Name:
    Password:

SwirlyMMS->Settings
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    APN:
    Username:
    Password:

Note: It is important that the 2nd APN setting in Swirly be left blank according to this post: http://www.*************/showthread.php?t=44852

When I filled in the field with something conflicting with the 1st APN setting, Swirly did not work. Even when it's filled in with an entry matching the 1st APN setting, send MMS would work but not receive. Good thing I stumbled upon that post above

Thanks

Apples new 3.0 does not have the "alleged" MMS capabilities it was supposed to have.
    SwirlyMMS2 was a great app, much more user frindly and I miss it. I paid for it and now I cannot use it as it conflicts with the Apple software.

If anyone from Swirly is reading this .......... Are you making a 3.0 compatible version, and if so whens it due out?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is due out today according to a swirly website: http://www.swirlyspace.com/forum/vie...p?p=8103#p8103

And the MMS features ARE there in 3.0...you just have to activate them with the proper ipcc file

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I did buy and install the newly release official version of SwirlyMMS2 for my 2G iPhone 3.0. It was $12 because for some reason they don't have a record that I bought it v1 back on 1.1.3. Guess I write them an email and see if I can get $6 back. For the offical version the APN setting in SwirlyMMS2 must be set and not blank.

I can confirm that all features does work now: notification/send/receive

If you have installed an unofficial version previously, uninstalling that is NOT enough. All traces of it must be deleted from the iPhone's file system. Otherwise it'll intefer with the official version and you'll think that the official version is buggy causing crashes, reboot, etc. I didn't want to dig around for exact what to delete, so I just restore my iPhone to a fresh OS 3.0 state and did the active/jailbreak/unlock cycle again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The latest version disabled the built in MMS. I've decided not to use SwirlyMMS even though I paid for the update. However when I uninstalled SwirlyMMS, my phone lost its MMS capability. Message app no longer has the camera icon. How do I get it back?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

have you tried flipping the switch in the settings > messaging? if yes, how about reinstalling the activatemms2g patch from cydia and then rebooting?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ksiphone For This Useful Post:

witchmd (07-06-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! that worked! I didn't know about that setting option.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12