+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5Dice Scoring Problems

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
First off, I want to say to the person that made the 5Dice App....GREAT JOB! I had forgotten how much fun yahtzee was to kill time and probably hadn't played
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 5Dice Scoring Problems
    First off, I want to say to the person that made the 5Dice App....GREAT JOB! I had forgotten how much fun yahtzee was to kill time and probably hadn't played it in 10 years.

In playing it, I found 2 scoring issues:
    * I scored a yahtzee in Roll 2. It was my 1st yahtzee of the game and it scored appropriately. I saved each die and then hit roll again, on the 3rd roll it gave me a yahtzee credit.
    * I had a large straight filled in and on a subsequent roll, I got another large straight. I hit small straight and it accepted it.

Believe me I'm not complaining but thought I would le you know.

Thanks for your work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cruggiero View Post
    * I scored a yahtzee in Roll 2. It was my 1st yahtzee of the game and it scored appropriately. I saved each die and then hit roll again, on the 3rd roll it gave me a yahtzee credit.

* I had a large straight filled in and on a subsequent roll, I got another large straight. I hit small straight and it accepted it.
    1) Yeah, its been getting better. On the first version you could save the starting die, when they were all on 1's and "roll" with them saved the WHOLE game...and get yahtzee like 30 times. lol...

2) I am pretty sure this is right...You do have a small straight, so therefore you can click the small straight. Just because the other number make it a large straight too, doesn't mean you still dont have a small straight. But I haven't played true yahtzee for years, so maybe I am wrong.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntr11 View Post
    1) Yeah, its been getting better. On the first version you could save the starting die, when they were all on 1's and "roll" with them saved the WHOLE game...and get yahtzee like 30 times. lol...

2) I am pretty sure this is right...You do have a small straight, so therefore you can click the small straight. Just because the other number make it a large straight too, doesn't mean you still dont have a small straight. But I haven't played true yahtzee for years, so maybe I am wrong.
    1. hahaha i should have tried that....

2. yea, if i had 1 2 3 4 5, that counts as either a large straight or a small straight (2 3 4 5), but i cant remember if you total all the dice or just the ones involved in your straight
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yeah, the straights are calculated correctly.

i think the point values are flat numbers though