Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Personalized sources list
03-11-2008, 01:37 AM #1Personalized sources list
I found a pretty cool sources/repository personalizer from Touch Toolset: http://www.touchtoolset.com/repo.sc/
How it works is that you add only apps/packages that you want to appear in Installer instead of ALL the apps/packages from Community Sources and/or elsewhere. The beauty of it is that your personalized source will stay sync'd as it grabs updates from the actual repositories.
To get started:
- Register an account at http://www.touchtoolset.com/repo.sc/
- Find the apps/packages that you want to add to your personal repository by either searching or by going through the categories (ala Installer-style) on the left side menu and then clicking on Add Package button on the top-right corner of the package listing to add it to your personal repository.
- If you want to remove a package that you added, just click on the Remove Package.
- Once you've added all of your apps/packages, go to http://www.touchtoolset.com/repo.sc/link/ to get the URL to your personalized source (e.g. my sample source that I made up is http://repo.sc/likwidfuzion )
- Just add your personalized source URL to Installer, refresh sources, and you're done.
The only downside is that it doesn't have every repository out there so it not a complete source replacement.
My recommendation is to use this for non-Community Sources repositories as it'll greatly reduce the list of sources you have to refresh/check for new updates.
Also, if you plan to replace Community Sources (which I don't recommend), don't remove the ModMyI.com source as it isn't listed in Touch Toolset.
03-11-2008, 01:39 AM #2
This seems really cool. I might just try it out