Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [RELEASE] Time Capsule- Backup Your iPhone

  1. #1
    Default [RELEASE] Time Capsule- Backup Your iPhone
    An app called Time Capsule has been released for iPhone. It can backup and restore user’s data. At this point, it only backup/restore the following
    • AddressBook’s contacts
    • Call History
    • Installer’s sources
    • Map’s bookmarks
    • Map’s caches (not tested)
    • Notes
    • Safari’s bookmarks
    • SMS
    • Transit’s Preferences
    The program saves backup of a number of states that are restorable. Currently the app is limited to save only one state since there is no delete function yet.

    Screenshots-






    Compatibility- Firmware 1.1.2 or lower
    Installer Repository- http://repo.databinge.com/
    Developer's site- http://databinge.com/blog/
    More Information at http://databinge.com/blog/?page_id=50

    NOTE-THIS APP IS NOT DEVELOPED BY ME

  2. #2
    so far not working for me, imma try to re-install it but i basically get a blank/clear icon and it just shuts itself down, dont see the menu or anything gui. in theory cuz i havent it used it; Great App!
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

  3. #3
    Nice work but you need to make it work in 1.1.4 since we are mostly moving that way

    Also add Webclips and APPS as backup

    Thanks
    ------------------------------

    iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Nice work but you need to make it work in 1.1.4 since we are mostly moving that way

    Also add Webclips and APPS as backup

    Thanks
    not mine. contact developer. info at http://databinge.com/blog/?page_id=50
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

    Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

  5. #5
    Hi, I'm the developer for this program.

    i was going to post it here... luckily i saw this thread and didn't put up a double. I only got the idea last night just before dinner, so I rushed the program before i sleep, that's why i did not add compatibility to 1.1.3/1.1.4

    also, I'm on 1.1.1, so I can't test it out.

    version 0.02 is out, and attempted to add compatibility to 1.1.3/1.1.4. You guys have to test it out and tell if it works. Drop me a comment at the website if it isn't working. I don't modmyi much.

    Changes:

    * support for firmware 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 ?
    * added youtube video cache
    * smaller cells - it’s nicer
    * changed cell layout in app browser- icon, name & description
    * resize icon.png of each app
    * use original icon.png of each app in the backup/restore view
    * place an image of a small clock on top of the app’s icon in backup/restore view to indicate state
    * changed cell layout backup/restore view - icon, date & time




    for more information about the program,
    check out my website at http://databinge.com
    Last edited by peeInMyPantz; 03-10-2008 at 12:04 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to peeInMyPantz For This Useful Post:

    -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- (03-11-2008)

  7. #6
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by peeInMyPantz View Post
    Hi, I'm the developer for this program.

    i was going to post it here... luckily i saw this thread and didn't put up a double. I only got the idea last night just before dinner, so I rushed the program before i sleep, that's why i did not add compatibility to 1.1.3/1.1.4

    also, I'm on 1.1.1, so I can't test it out.

    version 0.02 is out, and attempted to add compatibility to 1.1.3/1.1.4. You guys have to test it out and tell if it works. Drop me a comment at the website if it isn't working. I don't modmyi much.

    Changes:

    * support for firmware 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 ?
    * added youtube video cache
    * smaller cells - it’s nicer
    * changed cell layout in app browser- icon, name & description
    * resize icon.png of each app
    * use original icon.png of each app in the backup/restore view
    * place an image of a small clock on top of the app’s icon in backup/restore view to indicate state
    * changed cell layout backup/restore view - icon, date & time




    for more information about the program,
    check out my website at http://databinge.com
    Will test and report back with my expierence. Sweet app I must say, hopefully all works well with 1.1.4.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

  8. #7
    doesnt work with 1.1.4. it closes when i try to open it.

  9. #8
    no luck on 1.1.4 opens then closes immediately on springboard, checked its 0755 so not sure whats wrong
    ------------------------------

    iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

  10. #9
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts

    Also closes for me, set permissions to 775 and still no luck. It may be looking for a specific folder that it cant find somewhere else on the device, where does the app install other folders to be used, maybe if we manually create them, this just might work out.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

  11. #10
    Hi,
    maybe I forgot to include some checks...
    can i know if you guys are using iPhone or iPod? if it crashes for you.

    modmyi doesn't seem to send notification even when i subscribe to this page, which is why i often miss messages here... so I will really appreciate if you guys can post them comments there so I can track it.

    working on it now

    Please post your enquiries/comments/requests about
    TimeCapsule, moleskine, WildEyes!, Transit and
    MRTSchedule at my website databinge.com

  12. #11
    iphone 1.1.4 Jailbroke

    Hope you can fix it great job and dont forget on 1.1.4 we have webclips so please add that as backup along with APPS, thanks
    ------------------------------

    iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

  13. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    Great to see someone developing a backup app! Hoping the 1.1.4 efforts get far fast, and will comment over at Databinge site as well.

    Where does it backup to (folder location)?

  14. #13
    How his sites down...greaaaaaat.

  15. #14
    Would it be possible to also have it back up the Stocks.app? Have like 20 stocks added, and it's a pain to add them again for each restore

  16. #15
    neat idea

    only thing i dont get is how is this helpfull? lets say you back your stuff up, then do a restore or something, how will this get you back your stuff if the data from the program has been erased along with everything else....? Does it have some sort of side to it that can be used through a comp?

  17. #16
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts

    Using iPhone 1.1.4 - crashes at launch
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

  18. #17
    Hi,
    version 0.04 .. some reported that it fixed the crash..
    shouldn't be a firmware issue.. just some logic problem

    Please post your enquiries/comments/requests about
    TimeCapsule, moleskine, WildEyes!, Transit and
    MRTSchedule at my website databinge.com

  19. #18
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,482
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

    Hey hey, let me know when you'd like it hosted on Installer and Cydia with us.

    Oh, and to everyone - I can guarantee you this will be worked on a ton - peeInMyPantz does more app updating than any dev on the MMi source! Good to see a dev working hard to improve his apps. As to this app, looks great, man - and nice name.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    neat idea

    only thing i dont get is how is this helpfull? lets say you back your stuff up, then do a restore or something, how will this get you back your stuff if the data from the program has been erased along with everything else....? Does it have some sort of side to it that can be used through a comp?
    You can SSH in and copy.

    Im on 1.1.4, and the directory is
    /private/var/mobile/Library/TimeCapsule
    and in that folder, is different folders corresponding to what you have backed up ex. (Address book, installer,notes etc.) This is useful, say if you know you are going to do a restore, or a program messed up your sounds or something, but SSH still works, then just copy it over (I think). It did let me copy the backups to my computer, so I guess it could work that way.

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Hey hey, let me know when you'd like it hosted on Installer and Cydia with us.

    Oh, and to everyone - I can guarantee you this will be worked on a ton - peeInMyPantz does more app updating than any dev on the MMi source! Good to see a dev working hard to improve his apps. As to this app, looks great, man - and nice name.
    Hi, I would love to.. but not yet. More ppl will be able to get it through modmyi repo.. but not until I fully tested that it works for most ppl. There are still reports that it can't restore certain stuff...

    good news is.. I just browse Singapore maps on Maps.app... dragging each tile slowly... though not all the way.. just till i can see major road names.. then i backup in TimeCapsule. After that i turn off wifi.. remove the cache.. load Maps.. everything gone.. expected... restore with TimeCapsule.. and i can see the maps.

    Did a search... results
    1) can find locations if you have searched it before, hence you need your maps and history bookmarks
    2) if you have not search for the street bfore. you can't find it


    so we can start sharing maps, maps bookmarks and history...
    that'll get us browing/searching maps offline..

    we can share maps via installer.. and other can use your maps.. do more searches and share the bookmarks and history.. or go in more details with zooming. .and share their map..


    *edit*

    sorry... bad idea to update bookmarks/history that way..
    i'll try to add to TimeCapsule, a function to let users send their history/bookmarks to my website.. so I can get all of them into one database.
    Last edited by peeInMyPantz; 03-10-2008 at 10:15 PM.

    Please post your enquiries/comments/requests about
    TimeCapsule, moleskine, WildEyes!, Transit and
    MRTSchedule at my website databinge.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •