Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Time Capsule- Backup Your iPhone

Guys, no need for foul language now..
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

Can Someone please upload their Timecapsule app file,i can't seem to find the English version anywhere. I installed the repository but still no English language, only French.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weezyfbaby View Post
    And your just another suck up, because he made the app. Have the courage to be blunt. I agree its a useful app, however I was referring to his website. I work with digital designs, a part of which is web design. I was critiquing his blog.

His self proclaim "best iPhone blog", and we're entitle to our opinion. It is apparently not the best approach at it. If someone came to me with this website at a job interview, I would show them my son's work, and he's 5. Especially when they have the nerve to label it the best iPhone blog. It is a sad attempt at competition with the many iPhone blogs there are.

His ilikemyiphone.com then forwards to http://windows-mobiles.com/. DNS issue maybe, or it was just a forward. His "best" iphone blog is at "http://windows-mobiles.com/". Talented developer, but horrible web designer and blogger.

Welcome to the harsh world, "kid". And those who suck up, will forever suck balls their entire life, or be the office coffee boy to pay the end of the month's phone bill.
    Change your kotex and shut the f up
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by goku31640 View Post
    You can SSH in and copy.

Im on 1.1.4, and the directory is
    /private/var/mobile/Library/TimeCapsule
    and in that folder, is different folders corresponding to what you have backed up ex. (Address book, installer,notes etc.) This is useful, say if you know you are going to do a restore, or a program messed up your sounds or something, but SSH still works, then just copy it over (I think). It did let me copy the backups to my computer, so I guess it could work that way.
    I copied the whole TimeCapsule folder while I was on 1.1.4. Then did a restore to 1.1.4 again. Copied the folder back into its place after installing time capsule. Tried to restore stuff from TimeCapsule but it didnt work for me. Did not restore anything. Any ideas?

wow kool app any chance it coming out for 1.1.4?

Pretty cool app. It would be nice to add an automatic or scheduled backup feature without having to press a button especially with SMS. Thanks for developing and I look forward to future releases!

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice app but just one question. If i back up let's say, my SMS....I SSH into the phone....transfer it to my computer...and then restore my phone. When I install Time Capsule again can I SSH the backed up SMS file back into my phone and retrieve all my SMS'?

Ps. Anyone know what the plural of SMS is?
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

after you email yourself the backups, how do you get the backups back on the phone? where do they go so you can restore them?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

9. The Following User Says Thank You to billchase2 For This Useful Post:

rmb (04-06-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

sweet

Is there a way to backup the layout of the icons on the screen? That would be fantastic... Great program!!

Hey PeeInMyPants !
    drop me an email!
    I have a few ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Zibri View Post
    Hey PeeInMyPants !
    drop me an email!
    I have a few ideas
    hey,
    are you the real zibri or is it just your posting name. also you can gimme the ideas and and pm me your email id as i am one of the testers of the app and is in constant contact with the author PeeInMyPants.
    thanks
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

can someone please tell me how to utilize this app? let's say I need to do a restore and loose everything how does this help if it's gone?

depends, do u know how to use ssh? If so, then just back up the timecapsul folder, instead of everything else, then when u re-jailbreak ur phone put that on, and load everything back up via timecapsule

other than that, its mainly for smaller use, or storing more sms

Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    depends, do u know how to use ssh?
    If you aren't familiar with SSH you can use iPhone PC Suite (it's easier anyway). It has a Files option that allows you to see the file structure on your iPhone allowing you to backup/restore, add ebooks, etc.

Anyone to point to me where exactly does this application keep its' backup files?
    I would like to make an upgrade of my iPhone, and would like to make backups of many things so I can return them later.

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/TimeCapsule

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nettwerk For This Useful Post:

muaddib (07-02-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/TimeCapsule
    I don't have such folder on my iPhone. Is there any other folder?

this is an awesome app, really useful

Ok, found it:

/var/root/Library/TimeCapsule/

is the folder where it keeps its' data (on 1.1.1 at least)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast