+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Request: School App

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Anyone else who is in school im sure can agree that you are nervous having your Phone on simply because that if it goes off it'll get taken away along
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Request: School App
    Anyone else who is in school im sure can agree that you are nervous having your Phone on simply because that if it goes off it'll get taken away along with other consiquences. Being a senior in High School I would like to request an App that silences all sounds from the iPhone completely due to the fact that when it is turned on vibrate some sounds can still be made.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    just don't use anything that makes sounds.....

Wouldn't be worth the effort either. You can just disable the sound process with one of the programs on installer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To disable the sound (i know because I have to do this every time before class), You click on Settings or Preferences, Click on Sound button, and turn everything to off, then I set all the volumes, first the ringer off, then slide the ringer switch to off, then plug in the headset, turn on music, turn the volume down, and then pause the music take the headphones out, and turn the music once again. Its a pain, but its what you have to do to make it 100% silent, that or just turn it off. A "1 Button" Funtion to 100% silence would be nice too...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Last year I started playing Mr. Mom and had to pick up my kid from middle school fairly often. It was hilarious watching all the kids come in at the end of the day to reclaim the phones that were taken from them. Even funnier were the ones that had already been warned and had to pay the fine to get theirs back, or best yet the ones who had to have their parents come in to claim the phones (and also pay a larger fine).

I think they were annoyed at my laughing my *** off at them... So pardon me for sitting back hoping for your phone to go off... Just turn it off and leave it in your locker, if you're worried about it getting stolen, then leave it at home.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Last year I started playing Mr. Mom and had to pick up my kid from middle school fairly often. It was hilarious watching all the kids come in at the end of the day to reclaim the phones that were taken from them. Even funnier were the ones that had already been warned and had to pay the fine to get theirs back, or best yet the ones who had to have their parents come in to claim the phones (and also pay a larger fine).

I think they were annoyed at my laughing my *** off at them... So pardon me for sitting back hoping for your phone to go off... Just turn it off and leave it in your locker, if you're worried about it getting stolen, then leave it at home.
    wat a great story. you should save that one for a party.

Green Apple
    Thanks

A schoolhouse port (especially one that synced with the mac version of schoolhouse) would rock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timliora's Avatar
    Thanks

Just quit school

just kidding
    Last edited by timliora; 09-17-2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    haha i remember those days in highschool..except with me, if you get your phone taken away once, the second time they keep it till the end of the year, (State Law Prohibits Cell Phones In School) im in college now so its not as big of a deal but an app like that would really help

Green Apple
    Thanks

I go to a private high-school and you aren't even allowed to have your phones on during school hours. If it goes off in class it gets taken away and your parent has to come to the office to pick it up. For that reason I don't bring my iPhone to school, well that and I don't want it to be stolen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Erica's Utilities has a binary called sound... it takes the parameters y or n to enable/disable ALL sound... UIctl is a GUI to disable processess on your phone... if you unload com.apple.mediaserverd in UIctl (click it and press unload button) ALL your sounds won't work... you can reload it again with one button press

Thanks

^^ I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks for beatng back to this topic!

Reako