+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone Help with FWChanger ?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
There are a few new apps I want to install on my 3G but it wants Firmware 2.2.1 and I am on 2.2. I read where you could download FWChanger
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Can someone Help with FWChanger ?
    There are a few new apps I want to install on my 3G but it wants Firmware 2.2.1 and I am on 2.2. I read where you could download FWChanger and trick it to thinking I was one 2.2.1 but the katest version only goes to 2.0 in the menu and I cannot figure if or how to manually put it in.

Can someone give me a hand. on how to add 2.2.1 and what the build number is ?

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Launch the app, select the firmware you want to fake as. There should be a preset for 2.2.1 in the App.

Be carful. If the program is using 2.2.1 becuase of a different call you can run the risk of crashing the app constantly.

Thanks

There is no 2.2.1 listed just 2.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Set Firmware: 2.2.1
    and Build: 5H11A

Green Apple
    Thanks

So, you guys have done this and it works fine? I am very very nervous to try this as I have seen other posts (albeit from a VERY long time ago) saying they screwed up their phones. Is it safe to do this? Also, do I need to write down the FW version I have now before I do this so I can set it back later on? Or, how do you get it back to the real FW version if you ever need to?

Thanks in advance. I am just really nervous doing this kinda thing. I almost crapped my pants when I did the jailbreak. LOL.

Thanks

It works as it says but also listen to boxxa as a few programs will just crash back to the main screen, hence not work

Thanks

I use FW Changer on 2.20 and set it 2.21 and have had no problems whtever. You might experience some problems if you are on earlier FW.

The only thing I was advised against is using Logome with FW Changer. Apparently it's fine if you've already used it but a big no no if you try with FW Changer.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

K, so, do I need to put in a build number when I type in 2.2.1? and do I need to write down the exact fw and build number thats in there right now in order to put it back the way it was?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I went ahead and wrote down the original FW and build numbers so if I need to go back, I can. I put in 2.2.1 and 5H11A and it appears to be working fine for me.
    Last edited by steveken; 04-14-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks

Post number 4 tells you the build number for 2.11 and it's very easy to find out the build for 2.20 if you want it (5G77 rings a bell but I can't be bothered to check)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So sorry to have bothered you about that. Won't happen again.

Thanks

Steven dont apologize for asking a question not everyone is an idiot like him, for some reason this site has changed allot when trying to get info, it use to be one of the best now most could not be bothered

Thanks

I answered the question that was asked (before it was edited after I posted.
    Please don't call me an idiot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I answered the question that was asked (before it was edited after I posted.
    Please don't call me an idiot.
    Then dont bother posting if you state "you could not be bothered to look" , help someone or dont bother posting, or post an answer when you could be bothered.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bigmoss, thank you very much. I appreciate your considerate tone.

I noticed something when I installed like the DirecTV app. iTunes is now telling me that my machine isn't authorized for use with some apps (mentions DirecTV app in particular) and tells me that if I don't authorize, the DirecTV app will be deleted along with its data. I know its because I changed the FW number being reported to iTunes, so what do I do about it? Do I just ignore it? I only got FWChanger so that I could get the DirecTV app, the update to Topple, and the app iTrumpet (I am sure there are others that "require" the 2.2.1 update, but haven't tried them yet). In any case, just wondering if the not authorized message is anything to worry about.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Steve I am not sure, funny enough I was trying to use this app for the same thing I cannot get the DTV app or another media player I want to listen to sirius radio to work either because it says my phone is not compatible. I tried to use this app to trick into thinking I had the latest firmware but still no go. I decided I am just going to wait for 3.0 to be released and then when the Dev Team released their tool just do it then.

Maybe another member with more experience will chime in and confirm the answer for you.

Sorry I could not help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm, funny, as soon as I put in the FW and Build number, I went out of the app, went back into it and told it to check my firmware version and it reported the 2.2.1 one with the build number I put in. Then I went to the app store and downloaded the DTV app and it worked just fine.

What app you using for sirius? And will it work for XM? I would love to be able to use my XM on my iPhone. I just wish they would give me back my 64Kbps stream instead of the shi**y 32Kbps stream. Other than that, I'm good.

Thanks

I provided the information required as no one else had after the question was bumped again. The previous build number is un-necessary.
    As my help is obviously not appreciated by either of you I shall make sure I steer well clear of trying in the future.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I provided the information required as no one else had after the question was bumped again. The previous build number is un-necessary.
    As my help is obviously not appreciated by either of you I shall make sure I steer well clear of trying in the future.
    Geez, lets keep going over that. Look man, it isn't anything to do with not wanting your help (at least from me), it was the way you phrased the response you gave. When someone tells you that they "can't be bothered" to do this or that, that tells you that they are much too important to speak to you about anything and that you are beneath them and you should just go away. Had you chosen another way of phrasing your response, there would have been no issues.

All I was looking for in the first place is exactly what you finally said, "the previous build number is un-necessary". I had no idea if it would have screwed things up if I had left ANY of it out, so I just wanted to get all the relevant information ahead of time so I didn't mess anything up. Instead of getting all uppity and "high and mighty" sounding, you could have just said that and we would have been done with it.

The point of the matter is that, next time, if you feel bothered when writing your response and are just simply too put out to be cordial about it, DON'T respond. Let it be until someone else wants to answer or until such a time that you can respond without sounding like you are doing the person you are responding to some kind of special favor by speaking to them. It's a little thing regular people call common courtesy.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Next time when someone bumps because no one can be bothered I won't bother replying. The information was not necessary. I provided the information that was. in future I won't.
    Great, thanks.