Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HapticPro

Does any one elses key click sound fluctuate loud & soft while typing with this enabled? As I am typing, some click sounds are loud, and others very quiet.
    -J

^Mine also goes quiet then loud.
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3

Yea, It actually bothered me so much, I installed keyvib instead. Not as nice as haptic, but my sounds are constant and the keyboard is MUCH faster.

-J

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does keyvib work fine with the 3gs?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

My issue with haptic pro was that it was creating an "echo key" effect on 3.0 and making it impossible to use the ipod correctly. Every time you would push a button while using the ipod it would double tap your action. No pause because if you hit pause it hit it again and kept playing, and other oddities.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

HapticPro is working just fine for me....

3g

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I find that Haptic Pro is MUCH slower (using keyboard) than KeyVibe. Which is a bummer, cause Haptic Pro is SOOOO much nicer. I hope the dev can update it.

The problem with KeyVibe is that it needs the keyboard click sound to be ON for it to work. That defeats the whole purpose for me. I do not want sound...I want vibration!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when i load on haptic, my phone is SOOOOOOOOO Slow.. not worth it.. UPDATE IT PLEASE DEVS!

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    I find that Haptic Pro is MUCH slower (using keyboard) than KeyVibe. Which is a bummer, cause Haptic Pro is SOOOO much nicer. I hope the dev can update it.

The problem with KeyVibe is that it needs the keyboard click sound to be ON for it to work. That defeats the whole purpose for me. I do not want sound...I want vibration!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zym5 View Post
    HapticPro is working just fine for me....

3g
    Hmm, I just did a "keyvib" type mod, and I have to say it's much faster. And I made it so that it vibrates when the switch is off, if you want me to help you out, just let me know. I still keep the other part of haptic pro, I lke it =]

Hmm, I just did a "keyvib" type mod, and I have to say it's much faster. And I made it so that it vibrates when the switch is off, if you want me to help you out, just let me know. I still keep the other part of haptic pro, I lke it =]
    I'm interested.
    -J

Quote Originally Posted by miatawnt2b View Post
    I'm interested.
    -J
    Ok, it's kind of hard to say, so i'm just going to give you the .plist file that I use. Put it in the Celestial framework. What I changed is under keypressed
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Where did keyvib go? I cannot find it on Cydia today....how odd.

Anyone have the deb they can post for me?

Ok, it's kind of hard to say, so i'm just going to give you the .plist file that I use. Put it in the Celestial framework. What I changed is under keypressed
    Zym5,
    is there a value I can change to increase or decrease the length/strength of the vibration?

-J

Okay, now I have the .deb.

Keyvib_1.0_iphoneos-arm.deb

Also, if you want to change the length, you will have to play around in the SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zym5 For This Useful Post:

miatawnt2b (08-01-2009)

ok, I installed the deb using 'dpkg -i Keyvib...deb' and I don't have the keyvib icon anywhere. Could someone explain how to install this?

Thanks,
    -J

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miatawnt2b View Post
    ok, I installed the deb using 'dpkg -i Keyvib...deb' and I don't have the keyvib icon anywhere. Could someone explain how to install this?

Thanks,
    -J
    I was just going to post this as well

Zym5: thanks very much for the .deb, but not sure it is working. I also do not get any icon on springboard...and have installed/uninstalled a couple times trying to get the icon (which is really not that important), but I also don't have vibrate on keyboard after installing. Will keep playing with it, but please let us know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks again.

I tried to autoinstall by putting the deb in the Cydia/Autoinstall folder. It totally blew away all click sounds. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get them back. An uninstall didn't do it.
    -J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12