+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Devicescape Connect

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
"Devicescape's Wi-Fi auto-login service for your iPhone" Anybody tried it? (Hope I didn't miss a thread on it yet)
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Devicescape Connect
    "Devicescape's Wi-Fi auto-login service for your iPhone"

Anybody tried it?

(Hope I didn't miss a thread on it yet)

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone know what this does?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It allows you to store your regular wifi spots (including credentials) on the DeviceScape web site so that you can log-in on a single click. I was using it with my Nokia s60 phone.

It works well, provided you don't mind storing your WiFi credentials on the DeviceScape web site.

I used it earlier today on the iPhone at a Starbucks with a T-Mobile hot spot, and it logged in without a hitch. Without it, it's a bit of a pain to log on to the T-Mobile network on the iPhone's Safari.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so you can join tmobile networks without being on tmobile?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jujubeanser View Post

starbucks has wifi hotspots and the service is through t-mobile. it doesnt matter if youre on a laptop, or iphone. anyone who pays for it, can use it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jujubeanser View Post
    This isnt a WEP cracker or a way into a paid network, its a auto-login for networks you are allowed on.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

this would be great if they had more networks on it. when i'm at my university again tomorrow, i'm going to submit all of its information to see if i can get it included. if so, this app could be VERY useful! logging in everytime i'm on campus is a pain...

Green Apple
    Thanks

What is the point of this App when in any case to accsess the devicescape page you need to be already connected to the internet via gprs, edge or wifi. I tried this on my iPhone (1.1.2) . . .what I did was remove the wifi network which was already authorised and tried to connect using devicescape (I already regged at their site and had entered the password etc for my router) suffice it to say it was "connection error" obviously since it requires you to be connected to the www to accsess their webpage Lol.

Thanks

Personally, I found this app useless (others might not, of course.) I don't have a data plan (don't want one, either), and only connect via WiFi. Ergo, I have to be connected to WiFi in order to use this app, which would connect me to a WiFi...see the catch-22?

Now Stumbler...that's useful. Well, it will be once they implement WEP cracking code.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    Personally, I found this app useless (others might not, of course.) I don't have a data plan (don't want one, either), and only connect via WiFi. Ergo, I have to be connected to WiFi in order to use this app, which would connect me to a WiFi...see the catch-22?

Now Stumbler...that's useful. Well, it will be once they implement WEP cracking code.
    Hotstuff, you got a point there! this app doesn't make sense since you alreeady have a built in wifi on your iphone. I installed it last night and from what I understand, it will let you save your "home network' and when you go different places that has hotspots (wifi) but having trouble connecting, it will default to your "home network" and be able to use that with your Wifi. I WAS WRONG!!!

Whats the point of being connected to a network with your wifi only to use this app to connect to a network again? Doesnt make sense...