+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 Apps try em out...

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
OK, these are 2 basic apps that i wrote for my own need but thought id share.. eFu- The F.U. button for the iphone, kills phone and edge for times
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 2 Apps try em out...
    OK, these are 2 basic apps that i wrote for my own need but thought id share..

eFu- The F.U. button for the iphone, kills phone and edge for times you want some undisturbed time on WIFI, to read, or play games (esp TTR...)

sshtoggle- Disables/Enables SSHd to extend battery.. No need to keep it on when not using it.

Both these programs use launchctl, and just unload the corresponding .plist..

Enjoy

Remember to chmod 0755, and have each .plist loaded for the first use to keep it in sync..
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkurasz For This Useful Post:

amnesia (09-15-2007), skierdb526 (09-15-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What are the chances these will show up in the installer app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

eFu is a great idea! I'd call it "SafeTravel" as it shuts off the aspects of the iPhone that can get you in trouble when traveling abroad...

- Jason

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Love them. Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you

these will be very helpful
    Last edited by iPhone1118; 09-15-2007 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I am the MacBook Pro

Thanks

works like a champ. thanks!

Thanks

I think you really need an on off button in the app, mine just after a few seconds quits not sure if it works or not.

Looks like some great concepts though

Thanks

I do not have an iPhone yet, but your applications seem to be great ideas. Because I do not have an iPhone I am a tad confused about the two programs. I thought whenever you were in an area with wifi you could be exclusively connected to the wifi so you always got the wifi speed. And also I am curious about your sshtoggel app. It seems like a great idea! Is the SSH prog with installer.app always on after you install it? is it even an app or is it something that just happens in the background all the time? If this is the case I can see how youre app would be very convenient. Im surprised it wasnt built into the original app! Once I get my phone, heres a thanks to you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree! The SSH app sounds like a great idea. I haven't got a chance to try it yet, but why not turn it off and save battery when you need to! Keep up the good ideas/work
    i LOVE apple.

Thanks

yes, when you install ssh through installer the process runs until you disable it. You can use UIctl to disable those processes but the less clicks the better. I am working on a bluetooth disable/enable but it seems to make the iphone hang for 5-10 seconds, trying to figure out why.. Once again i wrote these for my own use and they are not great flashy programs but they are things i needed for my use.

If anyone knows how i can get someone to distribute these on installer.app, or has any way to improve these apps id be more than greatful.. Thanks again guys enjoy..

Thanks

I'd love to critique your work, but i do not have an iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by mkurasz View Post
    yes, when you install ssh through installer the process runs until you disable it. You can use UIctl to disable those processes but the less clicks the better. I am working on a bluetooth disable/enable but it seems to make the iphone hang for 5-10 seconds, trying to figure out why.. Once again i wrote these for my own use and they are not great flashy programs but they are things i needed for my use.

If anyone knows how i can get someone to distribute these on installer.app, or has any way to improve these apps id be more than greatful.. Thanks again guys enjoy..
    As you mentioned, You wrote these for yourself, and probably consider them finished since you completed your objective. However I have a few suggestions for improvements.

Alongside the to apps you already built could their be a third that is designed like a settings menu? This app would allow you to slide to disable battery draining things such as SSH, Bluetooth, and the things you disabled with the F.U. button. Would an app such as this only work as long as the programs open? or would it just change the settings, allow you to close, and then reopen the app when youre ready to turn things back on?
    An app that would do these things sounds really cool and very useful.

LEt me know if this is a good suggestion.

EDIT: I didnt realize the iPhone already had a way to turn off bluetooth... anyways cross out that feature. However that SSH is what im worried about.
    Last edited by skierdb526; 09-16-2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I can host them on installer for you through my source tomorrow. If you can send the files to my email(sig), it would make things easier. Thanks

Great apps btw

digitalkid56
    How bout both of these options with a toggle on/off in the SMBPrefs menu for Summerboard, or even included into the main settings menu?

SSH [ON/OFF]
    PHONE/EDGE [ON/OFF]

instead of individual apps for options.. hope the summerboard devs hook it up in the next release!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for your apps.

i use ssh to send those apps into applications

i appears in my springboard , but when i launch it , it show the screen and nothing more. seems no working ..

Did i miss something?

Green Apple
    Thanks

one little critique on both of these....

To check the status of both of these you are checking for the existence of a specific directory instead of checking to see if they are actually running. There is a possibility that the directory status and the launchctl status could become out of sync. Which in turn could cause some issues. Easy fix for you and me but for the average user it could really cause problems where they would no longer be able to make phone calls.

Better would be to check the status with launchctl or maybe ps to actually see the state they are in before activating or deactivating??

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

can we get screenshot previews?
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

How is your SSH app different from uninstalling SSH via Installer? Is it just a speed thing, or is there a reason not to uninstall SSH?
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    How is your SSH app different from uninstalling SSH via Installer? Is it just a speed thing, or is there a reason not to uninstall SSH?
    This will just disable SSH to save battery life. You could uninstall and reinstall when you need it but that requires a couple more steps. This will just unload it and load it again when you need it.

-Steve

Thanks

scr4p

Thanks alot for the tip... I was aware of this tried, grep on launchctl status and ps but to no avail. If you could find a way I'd be more than greatful for the help. I am not a programmer I'm actually a Network guy so I'm not to savy at coding.

HighTymes, yea thanks for the offer but i may want to resolve this coding issue to make sure it's as fool proof as possible..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks alot for the tip... I was aware of this tried, grep on launchctl status and ps but to no avail. If you could find a way I'd be more than greatful for the help. I am not a programmer I'm actually a Network guy so I'm not to savy at coding.
    mkurasz, I'm surely no programmer but I do a little scripting here and there. Attached is your SSHToggle program revised a little. I think this is a little safer. Plus it updates the icon to let you know the status. I needed to restart Springboard for the icon to update.

-Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files