+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 Apps try em out...

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
where does this go? thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why wont it let me download this app. Just keeps asking me to log in even though I am>

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

scr4p

Thanks for the contribution. I was originally planning on a different icon for on off status but I hate restarting springboard as i keep a passcode on mine.. But for most people this is great.. Thanks again i'm going to pm u later maybe we could work on a few things..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Ok I think I figured it out. the icon just says off when it is off right?
    yep you got it!

Installing...

Installing is just like everything else you manually have to install. Copy it over through SFTP into the /Applications dir. Change the permissions to 755 of both the SSHToggle.app directory and SSHToggle.app/sshtoggle.sh file

Restart SpringBoard or reboot your phone for the icon to display on your SpringBoard (almost said desktop). The icon will display off when SSH is turned off and will be normal when it is on.

Quote Originally Posted by mkurasz View Post
    Thanks for the contribution. I was originally planning on a different icon for on off status but I hate restarting springboard as i keep a passcode on mine.. But for most people this is great.. Thanks again i'm going to pm u later maybe we could work on a few things..
    Yeah... you could always remove the restart if need be and the icon changes. But hit me up... I would absolutely be up for working on some stuff for the iPhone.

-Steve
    Last edited by scr4p; 09-18-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OK I am new with all of this. how do you change the permissions etc??? I just used open ssh on my phone and fugu then drag and drop the app from my desktop to the applications folder on my phone it expanded it and created a folder where there is now icons and other stuff.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    OK I am new with all of this. how do you change the permissions etc??? I just used open ssh on my phone and fugu then drag and drop the app from my desktop to the applications folder on my phone it expanded it and created a folder where there is now icons and other stuff.
    1. Connect with Fugu
    2. Switch to /Applications
    3. Select SSHToggle.app and type ⌘-i (or ctrl-click and select "get info")
    4. Make sure the permissions are the same as the attached screenshot
    5. Switch into /Applications/SSHToggle.app
    6. Select sshtoggle.sh and type ⌘-i (or ctrl-click and select "get info")
    7. Make sure the permissions are the same as the attached screenshot

-Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 Apps try em out...-sshtoggle1.png   2 Apps try em out...-sshtoggle2.png  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi guys. Definitely interested in the sshtoggle app (does SSH use a lot of battery power generally?), but how did you go with getting it hosted through Installer? I'd much rather install via that if possible, and I'm sure a lot of other people would like to use this (installer will get it out to a wider audience, big time)

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tried the ssh app. didn't work on my phone. after intslling it, restarting the phone, and then running the app I was still apble to connect to my phone via ssh.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    tried the ssh app. didn't work on my phone. after intslling it, restarting the phone, and then running the app I was still apble to connect to my phone via ssh.
    Did you by chance use iNdependence? If so you will need to uninstall DropBear SSH and make sure you are using OpenSSH. I have had problems running both. This program is only for OpenSSH and not for DropBear that iNdependence uses.

If this isn't your issue... permissions maybe? Does the icon ever switch to the "OFF" icon?

-Steve

Green Apple
    Thanks

i uploaded it via winscp and i mean they appear on my home screen, but how would i go about knowing if they work? because when i toggle the efu, it opens up something that says efu and after a few seconds turns off...?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scr4p View Post
    Did you by chance use iNdependence? If so you will need to uninstall DropBear SSH and make sure you are using OpenSSH. I have had problems running both. This program is only for OpenSSH and not for DropBear that iNdependence uses.

If this isn't your issue... permissions maybe? Does the icon ever switch to the "OFF" icon?

-Steve
    yeah I used independence... I'll try switching to openSSH and see how it goes

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just added it then. Works a treat, nice work Does SSH generally use a lot of battery?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

nah.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonk83 View Post
    Just added it then. Works a treat, nice work Does SSH generally use a lot of battery?
    probably not, but the amount of crap that I have on my iphone running I figure why not turn off the crap I don't need all the time. Plus, the battery life sucks as is so I wan't every bit I can get I wrote something similar for turning off EDGE for a buddy that doesn't have a unlimited data plan.

-Steve

Thanks

Actually i've noticed a nice 10% increase in my battery life since i've been turning off my ssh.. I guess results may vary..

I'm looking to create a whole sweet if anyone can contribute..

Phone + Edge toggle - eFu

SSH toggle - sshtoggle

Bluetooth toggle - Got one written but it just continually loads on its own trying to find out why..

Wifi toggle -Anyone?

Brightness Drop -Basically a one click app that puts your brightness level down to the lowest setting to conserve when your low on battery or away from a recharge for a while.

Idealy this would have a GUI similiar to Dock where u put ur finger either on an icon or in a corner and can change these "power settings"..

Anyone have any ideas, or can contribute to this??

Green Apple
    Thanks

As far as Edge goes, I just deleted all the settings in the menu (I don't use it as I'm on pre-paid. Too expensive) Is that the same as totally disabling it, or will physically disabling it give a battery life boost? If so I'd be interested in installing that as well (but I don't want to disable the phone. Just Edge)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    wifi toggle would be GREAT!

Thanks

Looks like it works because when its off I can't FTP or SSH into the phone; however, when I run TOP from Terminal I see "sh" as the second process regardless of which state the app is in. Any ideas why "sh" is still running?
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.