Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iMapIDLE

  1. #1
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,484
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    Default iMapIDLE
    iMapIDLE simulates push email on your iPhone.
    <br /><Br />
    Available via Installer | <a href="http://iphone.rustyredwagon.com">Developer's Site</a>

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

    Ale_lock (03-09-2008)

  3. #2
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Milton, Ontario
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts

    Worked fine on 1.1.3 for me as well as now on 1.1.4. Works great.

    Typically your incoming settings have to be, (as an example)

    mail.mailhost.com:2525

    Need port 2525 on it.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperextension For This Useful Post:

    Cody Overcash (03-06-2008)

  5. #3
    i'm kind of new to push so i'm not sure how this works. the way i understand it, push email means that email is pushed to the iphone as soon as its received on the server right?

    I tried using gmail's IMAP server and it doesn't seem to be working. I'm only getting messages when i open up the mail client

  6. #4
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Cody Overcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,904
    Thanks
    340
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

    test comment

  7. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    i'm kind of new to push so i'm not sure how this works. the way i understand it, push email means that email is pushed to the iphone as soon as its received on the server right?

    I tried using gmail's IMAP server and it doesn't seem to be working. I'm only getting messages when i open up the mail client

    Working as intended. The mail client is a periodic refresher for new e-mail compared to imapidle which instantly informs you when the server recieves the email, now you can have it check for new mail when you open the mail app or in intervals of 15mins,30mins or 1hr. Thank you for writing up this program, now I can keep in contact with my friends from work when IM'ing isn't possible. I'd also like to confirm it works with my gmaill account on 1.1.4 ziphone hacked iphone.

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ale_lock View Post
    Working as intended. The mail client is a periodic refresher for new e-mail compared to imapidle which instantly informs you when the server recieves the email, now you can have it check for new mail when you open the mail app or in intervals of 15mins,30mins or 1hr. Thank you for writing up this program, now I can keep in contact with my friends from work when IM'ing isn't possible. I'd also like to confirm it works with my gmaill account on 1.1.4 ziphone hacked iphone.
    How much battery does this suck up over a day?

  9. #7
    does it support to mail accounts yet?

    if not then i still cannot use this, even though i would really like to

  10. #8
    i have a problem (possibly self-imposed, not sure) of imapIDLE "un-activating."

    do i understand correctly that i need to set "activate" to on for imapIDLE to work? it seems to deactivate itself after a while, but i'm not sure why it deactivates. every once in a while i'll go into imapIDLE with the sinking suspicion that it's not activating, and sure enough, i'll have to activate it.

    any idea why this is?

  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dmber View Post
    i have a problem (possibly self-imposed, not sure) of imapIDLE "un-activating."

    do i understand correctly that i need to set "activate" to on for imapIDLE to work? it seems to deactivate itself after a while, but i'm not sure why it deactivates. every once in a while i'll go into imapIDLE with the sinking suspicion that it's not activating, and sure enough, i'll have to activate it.

    any idea why this is?
    It definitely turns off when summerboard restarts

  12. #10
    think it is a memory issue. when you load up too many applications, ImapIdle will turn off.

    I find not using ipod programa nd safari at the same time does the job to keeping imapidle working.

    Mazor

  13. #11
    how do i know when summerboard restarts? what "normal activity" would restart summerboard?

    thanks for the tips!

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dmber View Post
    how do i know when summerboard restarts? what "normal activity" would restart summerboard?

    thanks for the tips!
    Summerboard only restarts, when you use a third party program to tell it to, or either reset the iphone by powering full off and restarting the OS, or when yo use customize to change icon order, or install a new application using "installer" or "cydia".

    Other than that Summerboard should not restart at all.

    MAzor

  15. #13
    Is there a similar app for 3.0?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •