+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealQuickSMS 1.0 aka iRealLITE

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
RealQuickSMS also known as iRealLITE is NOW AVAILABLE!! For those of you who dont know anything about this new iReal product, it is not a full SMS application like iRealSMS.
    Thanks

Default iRealQuickSMS 1.0 aka iRealLITE AVAILABLE NOW!
    RealQuickSMS also known as iRealLITE is NOW AVAILABLE!!
    For those of you who dont know anything about this new iReal product, it is not a full SMS application like iRealSMS. It is made to fill a gap, for those people who just love the reliability and speed of the native Apple SMS app and just want the convince of iRealSMS' amazing QuickReply and QuickSMS features!!

For those of you living under a rock, whom may be wondering... what is QuickReply and what is QuickSMS??
    QuickReply is a special plugin that allows you to reply to a new SMS right from the onscreen popup, so you do not have to exit your current application to do so! This also gives you the option to CALL the contact instead of reply via the CALL button. It also lets you know how many total message you have waiting via a ghost image within the text field. As you can see from the pic, there are a total of 6 SMS message. Now you can either answer these or close these one by one... but if you dont have time to do so, dont worry... you can easily press the HOME key on the phone and it will CLOSE ALL the messages and keep them marked as UNREAD so you know exactly which messages still need your attention!

QuickSMS is also a special plugin that allows you to compose a new text message to anyone from any application! This also doubles as a QuickCall feature, which utilizes your contact list in conjunction with its predictive text filter to narrow down your contact list as you type. So you no longer have the need to really enter the Phone or Text app in most cases!

This app is compatible with the native Apple SMS app Here are some teaser pics of all options and settings! The pics are pretty self explanatory as to the functions available.
    This is the main menu:

The QuickSMS settings allows users to choose between two different hotkeys!(yes we have been listening to you)

Well there you have it!

!!!!!!!!!!!!NOTE: Please make sure to activate before use!!!!!!!
    If you dont have it activated it will send the demo message.
    Activation will only take place in the iRealQuickSMS settings application.
    PLEASE REBOOT AFTER INSTALLATION

!!!!!!!!!!!!NOTE: For users of iRealSMS 2.0+ : (your activation code from iRealSMS will not work with iRealQuickSMS. To retrieve your license
    1) install iRealQuickSMS.
    2) Launch the iRealQuickSMS settings app.
    3) Hit Activate.
    4) Enter your paypal email and it will download your license.
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-12-2009 at 01:35 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

biteSMS will soon be updated to include quicksend as well.
    It only costs $5.95. You already know that reznor9. I think that if you halved the price of iRealQuickSMS, it would have many more buyers. Tell your dev friends.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nice app, but 3$ would be are more reasonable price. more full apps like MySMS and QuickSMS have the quick reply and then some

if you could add the "push volume buttonup to open app and down to close app" feature like quicksms, then your asking price would almost be reasonable

Thanks

Im not dismissing it, because we will take it into account before its release, but I unfortunately have no control over the price, but I can tell you that with the purchase of this LITE version, it will entitle you to an upgrade discount if you ever wish to upgrade to the full iRealSMS app, which will always lead the way in the 3rd party SMS field. We came out with quickReply first, with quickSend first...with QuickCall(which Im sure will also be copied eventually).. and promise even more features in the future.

Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by iPh0wned View Post
    if you could add the "push volume buttonup to open app and down to close app" feature like quicksms, then your asking price would almost be reasonable
    In case you dont know, a second tap to the volume up key will close the app, or a tap of the home key will also close the app. So I dont see the need to add an option to also hook into the volume down key. But I do appreciate your interest in helping us make the best app we can
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-10-2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

"Quickreply at lockscreen"

Will the screen dim out after 5 secs while replying? Is it Iblacklist friendly since it the full version isn't (or not compatible yet).

Thanks

the test version I have still autodims after 5 secs. But Im hoping this will be remedied by full release. The iBlackList compatibility is supposed to come with iBlacklist next upgrade. Which is supposed to be out soon. Wish I had more details.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi, will there also be an update of the full app soon, so we also get the choice of how to invoke QuickSMS?

Thanks!

Thanks

Yes

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Yes

Great news, thanks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamse7en's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks great - is exactly what I'm interested in, but it HAS to be cheaper than bitesms to entice me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamse7en View Post
    Looks great - is exactly what I'm interested in, but it HAS to be cheaper than bitesms to entice me.
    I hear you. As soon as I get in contact with the dev today Im going to drill that into his head.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I have purchased and have been using iRealSMS for a while now and love it. Because I have a license for the full version does that give me rights to install the LITE version for free? I really hope the answer is yes as it would be sad that I would have to PURCHASE a "downgraded" version.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think that naming a feature of iRealSMS "QuickSMS" is confusing and wrong, because there is already an app by iSoftCom called "QuickSMS". It also seems that SpiritOfLogic is behind iSoftCom, because the QuickSMS app has been out a few weeks already. Just a thought.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I have purchased and have been using iRealSMS for a while now and love it. Because I have a license for the full version does that give me rights to install the LITE version for free? I really hope the answer is yes as it would be sad that I would have to PURCHASE a "downgraded" version.
    What I believe is going to happen is that the FULL iRealSMS application is going to get upgraded with the same settings the LITE version has... so you will be able to in essence, go into iRealSMS, and select which SMS app you wish to use as default... so you will only utilize the quickreply/quicksend if thats all you want. But this will be upgraded a few days after iRealLITE is released... unless the dev will issue new serials to FULL customers.. either way, you wont be missing out

Quote Originally Posted by OctopusPrime View Post
    I think that naming a feature of iRealSMS "QuickSMS" is confusing and wrong, because there is already an app by iSoftCom called "QuickSMS". It also seems that SpiritOfLogic is behind iSoftCom, because the QuickSMS app has been out a few weeks already. Just a thought.
    I totally agree! I prefer the tag iRealLITE.. not sure why he named it that, LOL... possibly thats just the name of the beta.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-10-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

QuickSMS seems to still be much faster.. I'm gonna stick with it until MMS is integrated with either platform.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9
    but I can tell you that with the purchase of this LITE version, it will entitle you to an upgrade discount if you ever wish to upgrade to the full iRealSMS app
    I wish the people that already paid for iRealSMS could get this for free. It's not fair that I paid 10 something for the full iRealSMS app when I hate to use it. I only got it for quickreply so this "lite" version is all I wanted. So now I'm stuck using iRealSMS because of a few features I like and if I want the lite version I'm gonna have to pay another...how much again? $5? $6?

I think that's bull. If the people who buy the lite version get a discount on the full version, the people who already bought the full version should get the lite version for free. Please ask the developer to give the lite version to the people who bought the full version for free.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Where are these settings located? Is it in the settings app or does this ireallite have its own icon?
    Last edited by MnVikingsFan26; 03-10-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    I wish the people that already paid for iRealSMS could get this for free. It's not fair that I paid 10 something for the full iRealSMS app when I hate to use it. I only got it for quickreply so this "lite" version is all I wanted. So now I'm stuck using iRealSMS because of a few features I like and if I want the lite version I'm gonna have to pay another...how much again? $5? $6?

I think that's bull. If the people who buy the lite version get a discount on the full version, the people who already bought the full version should get the lite version for free. Please ask the developer to give the lite version to the people who bought the full version for free.
    Calm down, if you read the previous page in full you would see where I put that users whom purchased the full version will have access one way or another.. wiether it be a free serial on iRealLITE, or an upgrade to the settings in the FULL app which will give you the same options to set it up as appleSMS as default app. We wont be screwing anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by MnVikingsFan26 View Post
    Where are these settings located? Is it in the settings app or does this ireallite have its own icon?
    iRealLITE will have its own icon on the springboard. After you set it up how you like, you can simply poof it off the screen if you like.
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-10-2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9
    Calm down, if you read the previous page in full you would see where I put that users whom purchased the full version will have access one way or another.. wiether it be a free serial on iRealLITE, or an upgrade to the settings in the FULL app which will give you the same options to set it up as appleSMS as default app. We wont be screwing anyone!
    Why isn't that already included? Why do we have to wait for the lite version to come out before we get this in the full app? It's not like it's extra features. It's just limiting the features it already has.

Unless we will just get the lite version for free. Either way, as long as I get quickreply and quicksend and can still use the stock SMS app as my default SMS app, I'm happy.

But just a quick question. If I get to use the lite version or just limited features of the full version, does that mean I won't get a pop up quickreply box if I'm in the stock SMS app? That's my main concern now. iRealSMS (I know not for you, but it does do this for me) causes my phone to be unresponsive until a text is finished sending while in the iRealSMS app. Quickreply and quicksend work perfectly fine.

Ok...just forget everything I said. What I want to know is if in the very near future the only features from iReal that I have is quickreply and quicksend, and they pop up whenever I get a new text EXCEPT in the stock SMS app. So while I'm in the stock SMS app, it's like I don't have iReal installed at all. And then I could still use iReal (full version) for forwarding texts. That's all I want.

I'm sorry I keep repeating this all, but I want to make sure you understand.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Why isn't that already included? Why do we have to wait for the lite version to come out before we get this in the full app? It's not like it's extra features. It's just limiting the features it already has.

Unless we will just get the lite version for free. Either way, as long as I get quickreply and quicksend and can still use the stock SMS app as my default SMS app, I'm happy.

But just a quick question. If I get to use the lite version or just limited features of the full version, does that mean I won't get a pop up quickreply box if I'm in the stock SMS app? That's my main concern now. iRealSMS (I know not for you, but it does do this for me) causes my phone to be unresponsive until a text is finished sending while in the iRealSMS app. Quickreply and quicksend work perfectly fine.

Ok...just forget everything I said. What I want to know is if in the very near future the only features from iReal that I have is quickreply and quicksend, and they pop up whenever I get a new text EXCEPT in the stock SMS app. So while I'm in the stock SMS app, it's like I don't have iReal installed at all. And then I could still use iReal (full version) for forwarding texts. That's all I want.

I'm sorry I keep repeating this all, but I want to make sure you understand.
    Dude, reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Seriously.

Can anyone confirm/deny that custom SMS sounds (ToneFXs) are compatible with iRealLite? They are not with the current full iReal version (2.0.8.1).
    Last edited by eballesq; 03-11-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast