+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealQuickSMS 1.0 aka iRealLITE

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I just use RealSMS trial and QuickSMS. Love it.
    Banned
    Thanks

I just use RealSMS trial and QuickSMS. Love it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlust View Post
    Chill bro. You don't have to quote something irrelevant as IKEA is selling hardware not software. You don't have to bloat it up to make me see your point of view.

But I must agree with some users that 5 bucks for this is still a bit expensive. And did I see that from the IrealSMS website that a chinese reseller was authorised? To be frank, if chinese contact searches are not supported, don't expect this or the full version to strike a chord with the chinese users. Just my 2 cents.
    I'm with reznor here. I think he made a good point. What's your problem with trying the full app and decide later if you want to buy this or only the LITE features or nothing? You have 10 days. Perfectly OK, IMHO.

The other point... 5 bucks. Well, that would be 1 beer in most major cities. 1 beer for making every day a bit easier, if you are a frequent texter. That's a bargain for me!

If you want to rant about prices for small apps, please move to the new Rock your Phone app and look at the pricetag of the profiles app... it's just doing profiles and they want 12,99$, now that's a rip off and it doesn't even work right!

Banned
    Thanks

The trial for QuickSMS does nothing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    I'm with reznor here. I think he made a good point. What's your problem with trying the full app and decide later if you want to buy this or only the LITE features or nothing? You have 10 days. Perfectly OK, IMHO.

The other point... 5 bucks. Well, that would be 1 beer in most major cities. 1 beer for making every day a bit easier, if you are a frequent texter. That's a bargain for me!

If you want to rant about prices for small apps, please move to the new Rock your Phone app and look at the pricetag of the profiles app... it's just doing profiles and they want 12,99$, now that's a rip off and it doesn't even work right!
    Same. I don't see a point in releasing a demo for the lite version since you get the features from the full version's demo. Of course they'd rather you get the full version since that's more money for you, but I don't think they are, in any way, trying to "force" you to pay for the full app.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey reznor, I bought iRealLite and now I kind of want the full iReal app, how can I upgrade for the reduced fee?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    Hey reznor, I bought iRealLite and now I kind of want the full iReal app, how can I upgrade for the reduced fee?
    yes. We havent worked out the upgrade option on the site yet, but PM me and I'll get with you later today.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

one thing really to look into is a timestamp on each msg...would be nice

Thanks

you read my mind, it is already on the list of upcoming features for the next version! You can check out our site on iRealSMS - your REAL native landscape SMS app on the iPhone • Index page to see upcoming features, to request features, report bugs and so on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I tried out Irealquicksms. My impression, is like just having the skin stripped out of the whole chicken. Reading unread msgs will launch either the stock sms/bitesms app which is slow.

To a non-iphone user, it will feel like its part of the stock sms. To me, it feels just like a plug-in and does not even feel like another app.

Thanks

I tried out Irealquicksms. My impression, is like just having the skin stripped out of the whole chicken. Reading unread msgs will launch either the stock sms/bitesms app which is slow.

To a non-iphone user, it will feel like its part of the stock sms. To me, it feels just like a plug-in and does not even feel like another app.
    thank you for the compliment! It is made to feel like the stock interface.

Thats why it is dubbed a LITE version. read the 1st post. there is no app. Its just our popular plugins(QuickReply & QuickSMS) made to be compatible with the Stock Apple SMS app for those that would rather stick with the original "old faithful" if you will.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

I love iReal as much as the next guy, but I am going to switch to Bite, i have had 3 replacements from Apple (their fault not mine, well except the last one) and they will not give me a new license because "I am giving them my friends iPhone's serials for free licenses." And while I would understand that as a concern, I am a paying customer for what is an overpriced application and should be given the benefit of the doubt, or at least a license I paid for, there is no where on their site that gives a replacement serial limit. I love iReal but I hate the guy(s) who run it
    iLive an iLife

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    thank you for the compliment! It is made to feel like the stock interface.

Thats why it is dubbed a LITE version. read the 1st post. there is no app. Its just our popular plugins(QuickReply & QuickSMS) made to be compatible with the Stock Apple SMS app for those that would rather stick with the original "old faithful" if you will.
    You are most welcome! But let's put it this way :

The cheapest price for biteSMS is USD$6. It comes with msg forwarding, and ALREADY has quick reply. Has a run of the mill stock apple interface. And consistent betas keeping it going.

For USD$5, what does Irealquick come with? Just a plain jane window which only has quicksms to end with. Seriously, I don't think those who purchased Bitesms will be bothered will Irealquick as its only a plugin to compliment the main SMS apps after all.

Oh yes, and maybe the only one more advantage it has is the ability to reply in lock screen. Of course it was mentioned that the 5 second delay would be extended in the next release. But IMO, this is really for lazy people who has retarded thumbs and can't be bothered to swipe the phone to unlock.
    Last edited by Bloodlust; 03-16-2009 at 04:37 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The cheapest price for biteSMS is USD$6. It comes with msg forwarding, and ALREADY has quick reply. Has a run of the mill stock apple interface. And consistent betas keeping it going.

For USD$5, what does Irealquick come with? Just a plain jane window which only has quicksms to end with. Seriously, I don't think those who purchased Bitesms will be bothered will Irealquick as its only a plugin to compliment the main SMS apps after all.

Oh yes, and maybe the only one more advantage it has is the ability to reply in lock screen. Of course it was mentioned that the 5 second delay would be extended in the next release. But IMO, this is really for lazy people who has retarded thumbs and can't be bothered to swipe the phone to unlock.
    One thing i dont like about BiteSMS is that their Quickreply actually means you HAVE to be quick. Otherwise the reply option just turns into a normal text box.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
    One thing i dont like about BiteSMS is that their Quickreply actually means you HAVE to be quick. Otherwise the reply option just turns into a normal text box.
    Yepp, and if you're not fast enough to "slide to unlock/slide to view" your iPhone within 7 seconds after a SMS comes in Quick Reply will be gone

iReal wins the race hands down when it comes to Quick Reply and overall features. Maybe bite can keep up sometimes but I think the new backgrounding feature just doesn't do the trick. Just too memory consuming.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    I love iReal as much as the next guy, but I am going to switch to Bite, i have had 3 replacements from Apple (their fault not mine, well except the last one) and they will not give me a new license because "I am giving them my friends iPhone's serials for free licenses." And while I would understand that as a concern, I am a paying customer for what is an overpriced application and should be given the benefit of the doubt, or at least a license I paid for, there is no where on their site that gives a replacement serial limit. I love iReal but I hate the guy(s) who run it
    Hey Bernie,
    I got you squared away, just check your PM box and your all set! Enjoy iReal on your new iPhone, and just try not to break this one!

Your entitled to you opinion of course. If its not for you, then its not for you. But it does have benifits other than replying straight from the lockscreen. Even with lockscreen plugins turned off I still think its better than biteSMS quickreply.
    Even Nintendo & llew can see that. It has more compatablity for how you want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    Yepp, and if you're not fast enough to "slide to unlock/slide to view" your iPhone within 7 seconds after a SMS comes in Quick Reply will be gone

iReal wins the race hands down when it comes to Quick Reply and overall features. Maybe bite can keep up sometimes but I think the new backgrounding feature just doesn't do the trick. Just too memory consuming.
    thanks for your support guys
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-16-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Now that apple has included many of the features of irealsms will you guys just remove ireal and support irealquicksms instead lol?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dualcorex View Post
    Now that apple has included many of the features of irealsms will you guys just remove ireal and support irealquicksms instead lol?
    No. There will still be an iRealSMS product, and it will still include things that the AppleSMS does not. INBOX/OUTBOX setup, password lock, send notifications, ability to delete single messages, blacklist, quickREPLY, quickSMS, our upcoming quickNOTES feature, plus more items are scheduled for upcoming releases. iRealSMS will still be very much alive. We arent going anywhere.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    No. There will still be an iRealSMS product, and it will still include things that the AppleSMS does not. INBOX/OUTBOX setup, password lock, send notifications, ability to delete single messages, blacklist, quickREPLY, quickSMS, our upcoming quickNOTES feature, plus more items are scheduled for upcoming releases. iRealSMS will still be very much alive. We arent going anywhere.
    The ability to delete single messages was listed as one of the new features in 3.0
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks

New to iRealSMS is QuickNOTES!
    QuickNOTES is a new function added to our QuickSEND plugin! Availible in both our iRealSMS Full Application and our iRealQuickSMS lite version!!!
    What does it do? Well it allows you to use QuickSEND to compose a new note which saves directly into the native NOTES application.
    Just tap your designated HOTKEY to toggle up the QuickSEND popup, and when you start to type into the message text area, the CALL button will turn into a SAVE button. Simply tap the SAVE button and the inputed text will be saved into a new note file within the NOTES application! Simple as that!

So now the QuickSEND is a triple hit! As it does the following:
    QuickSEND - Quickly access your contacts list or dial a number to compose a new message to anyone from any application.
    QuickCALL - Quickly access your contacts list or dial a number to initiate a call from any app.
    QuickNOTES - Quickly compose a new NOTE from any app. Great for when you need to jot down a phone number, a name, an address... anything you might need to take note of!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (03-23-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

looking great so far, but main issue is when im replying to a msg and another incoming msg arrives, it cuts off what im typing and shows me new msg...it should be made so that it waits for me to send the msg being typed before showing new incoming

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast