+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealQuickSMS 1.0 aka iRealLITE

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
As long as it isn't working with Iblacklist, I'll have to wait
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Wow. I'm talking to a real retard. You don't think, do you?

reznor, I tried the lite version this morning. None of my texts would go through, even after a reboot. Oh well. I can wait a few days for the upgrade.
    Try this please. Go into the stock app and try to send a message. If it looks like its slowing down(the sending process bar) then exit back to the conversations screen and delete the conversation.. now start it new and send a text. It should go through and it should now be working with no problems. This is a problem I experienced when installing the last version of iRealSMS

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    Tried that and it still doesn't work. The original iRealSMS isnt even working anymore....and i haven't installed anything recently that would cause this conflict.

I was very happy with this app until now...this is just frustrating and im certainly not going to restore for this app

And what bothers me is that I'm certainly very proficient with the iPhone and consider myself knowledgeable about this stuff but can't figure it out...
    I would be happy to work with you if you would like. Just PM me. I hate to see anyone unsatisfied with our product or service.
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-12-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

From the BigBoss repo:

"This is the popular QuickReply packed together with brand new QuickSend both invented and first published by iRealSMS. For all those who want the slimmest QuickSMS solution possible. QuickCall included."

I could have sworn that iSoftCom had an app called "QuickSMS" released weeks ago. So who invented what first?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OctopusPrime View Post
    From the BigBoss repo:

"This is the popular QuickReply packed together with brand new QuickSend both invented and first published by iRealSMS. For all those who want the slimmest QuickSMS solution possible. QuickCall included."

I could have sworn that iSoftCom had an app called "QuickSMS" released weeks ago. So who invented what first?
    Yes I can see how this can be confusing. iRealQuickSMS is the name of our application. And we were the first to bring QuickReply to reply instantly from SMS popups, and now QuickSMS gives the ablility to compose a new SMS from anywhere in the OS.

Now I understand that there is another application which uses the QuickSMS name, but we have no affiliation and our products provide totally different features.

I appologise for the mixup and thank yuo for your interest

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hey there,

if i am using bitesms as the default sms, and i compose a new sms in quickcompose, will the sms be sent using the bitesms credits, or the carrier? i hope it uses the credits

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default irealLITE prob
    i think i might have found a bug. if i get an sms the quickreply pops up normally. if i then hit show to view the message in the stock sms app (maybe it was a long one and i didn't want to scroll) when it opens the app it doesn't go to the new message. it just opens the sms app to whatever screen u were on last. this can be very confusing because the irealLITE app marks the message as read. so by hitting show it could dump u into the stock sms app in a totally different convo thread. is there a way to fix this? besides this prob, this app is great, exactly what i wanted someone to do.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You know what I would really like is to just give the stock SMS app landscape functionality...even though I own iRealSMS 2.0.8.1, I really do think the stock SMS app just has a "cleaner" interface...

If I could suggest anything to the iReal dev, it would be just to mimic the layout/design of the stock SMS app and integrate that into iReal...I can pretty much guarantee that this would attract a LOT of people who chose to go the biteSMS route due to the fact that biteSMS mimics the stock SMS app in almost every way.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    You know what I would really like is to just give the stock SMS app landscape functionality...even though I own iRealSMS 2.0.8.1, I really do think the stock SMS app just has a "cleaner" interface...

If I could suggest anything to the iReal dev, it would be just to mimic the layout/design of the stock SMS app and integrate that into iReal...I can pretty much guarantee that this would attract a LOT of people who chose to go the biteSMS route due to the fact that biteSMS mimics the stock SMS app in almost every way.
    Thats exactly how I feel which is the reason I use biteSMS with iRealQuick. Perfect combo.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not to hate on the program on anything, but am I the only one who is going to send a rocket straight into Apple headquarters if they don't get rid of these apps for us? And by that I mean have all of this built into the new 3.0 firmware; forwarding a message, deleting a message, quick reply, etc. No more needing 3 programs just to have SMS how we want it, no 5 different copy/past apps trying to charge us because Apple won't do it. Man, what a relief that would be.

I certainly respect the developers bringing to us what Apple won't but I really hope all the sms apps, copy/paste apps, mms apps, bluetooth apps, and every other app is dead because Apple included it.
    Last edited by Jasper44; 03-12-2009 at 03:40 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BEEKS's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Guys,

I'm not getting the Quick Reply popup. Any help, thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlust View Post
    iBlacklist has promised the iReal dev that it will be compatible in the next release. That release seems long overdue. Mcleaner has told us they will make it compatible soon.. whatever that means. ??

Quote Originally Posted by at004 View Post
    hey there,

if i am using bitesms as the default sms, and i compose a new sms in quickcompose, will the sms be sent using the bitesms credits, or the carrier? i hope it uses the credits
    Although iRealQuickSMS is compatible with BiteSMS.. it is only compatible as far as it will allow you to use Bite as a default SMS app... that includes sending NEW SMS notifications to the BiteSMS icon and redirecting you to the BiteSMS app when you press the SHOW button. In other words our app has no way of using BiteSMS credits for outgoing messages. This app has limited compatability with BiteSMS(that was just a bonus), it was specifically designed for use with the stock apple sms app.

Quote Originally Posted by wce74 View Post
    i think i might have found a bug. if i get an sms the quickreply pops up normally. if i then hit show to view the message in the stock sms app (maybe it was a long one and i didn't want to scroll) when it opens the app it doesn't go to the new message. it just opens the sms app to whatever screen u were on last. this can be very confusing because the irealLITE app marks the message as read. so by hitting show it could dump u into the stock sms app in a totally different convo thread. is there a way to fix this? besides this prob, this app is great, exactly what i wanted someone to do.
    Currently this is how the app functions because we do not have protocoll to tell the stock app how to function. If we find a solution it will definately be in an update.

Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post

This is a common way of thinking so I will try to urge the dev to make the app more stock looking. Thank you for your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEKS View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm not getting the Quick Reply popup. Any help, thanks
    This is due to the fact that you have iBlacklist enabled. as I stated above, we are not yet compatible. Sorry.. in the meantime you can either disable iBlacklist, of if thats not an option then I can only suggest that when you get a text and you wish to reply right then and there, use our QuickSend feature... true its not as convienent as quickReply, but its better than exiting your current app to go into the stock one.
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-12-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hey, reznor. I haven't yet, so I'd just like to say thanks for all your help in relaying messages to the dev and back. ;]
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Hey, reznor. I haven't yet, so I'd just like to say thanks for all your help in relaying messages to the dev and back. ;]
    Thank you chris, it's been a lot of fun!

Its been fun and i appreciate the kind comments and support ive recieved on this site but keeping track of all these post from half a dozen different forms is very tiring and time consuming. We have finally launched our official support forum(not nice to look at but it works). Please join us here if you have any comments, questions, bug reports or just want to check in to see if anything new is confirmed in the works. It's been a pleasure.
    iRealSMS - your REAL native landscape SMS app on the iPhone • Index page

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, I am surprised there's no trial version for irealquick. The app is practically useless in demo mode... oh well..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i instaled and bought the app....not bad, but the 5 sec auto shutoff needs to be resolved.

also, would be nice if we could delete an sms from the lockscreen or through the app somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Not to hate on the program on anything, but am I the only one who is going to send a rocket straight into Apple headquarters if they don't get rid of these apps for us? And by that I mean have all of this built into the new 3.0 firmware; forwarding a message, deleting a message, quick reply, etc. No more needing 3 programs just to have SMS how we want it, no 5 different copy/past apps trying to charge us because Apple won't do it. Man, what a relief that would be.

I certainly respect the developers bringing to us what Apple won't but I really hope all the sms apps, copy/paste apps, mms apps, bluetooth apps, and every other app is dead because Apple included it.

asking for this is like asking for a car to come fully equipped as the base model....dealers make their money off the add ons.

apple makes their money off the apps (they keep whatever percentage of app sales....)
    Last edited by iPh0wned; 03-12-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well, I am surprised there's no trial version for irealquick. The app is practically useless in demo mode... oh well..
    Its a marketing stratagy... we only offer a full trial on the iRealSMS app. We in reality would rather you purchase the Full iRealSMS app.. but if its not for you, then you can purchase the lite version(which is just a stripped down version of the full app).. no real point in giving a full trial for the lite if the Full app houses all its features and more.

Quote Originally Posted by iPh0wned View Post
    i instaled and bought the app....not bad, but the 5 sec auto shutoff needs to be resolved.

also, would be nice if we could delete an sms from the lockscreen or through the app somehow!

asking for this is like asking for a car to come fully equipped as the base model....dealers make their money off the add ons.

apple makes their money off the apps (they keep whatever percentage of app sales....)
    The lockscreen bug will be resolved in the next release, a temp fix is to install "20 second lock screen" from cydia.

To delete a single message is something only availible in the Full version.

Thanks for your interest and support

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Its a marketing stratagy... we only offer a full trial on the iRealSMS app. We in reality would rather you purchase the Full iRealSMS app.. but if its not for you, then you can purchase the lite version(which is just a stripped down version of the full app).. no real point in giving a full trial for the lite if the Full app houses all its features and more.

The lockscreen bug will be resolved in the next release, a temp fix is to install "20 second lock screen" from cydia.

To delete a single message is something only availible in the Full version.

Thanks for your interest and support
    Even if it's a marketing strategy, I think its another way of "forcing" the user to buy it. You have your own business point of view but consumers like me who though might not mind forking out a few bucks for a decent app have their own way of looking at it. Surely a 1 day trial would have not had been too much to ask for.

By the way, at least the custom SMS tones which was selected via winterboard works for the lite.

Thanks

just bought the lite version. im pretty impressed. just takes a tad too long to open quick reply. make that faster and your golden

also reduce the price. 5 bucks is too much. 2 tops

Thanks

Even if it's a marketing strategy, I think its another way of "forcing" the user to buy it. You have your own business point of view but consumers like me who though might not mind forking out a few bucks for a decent app have their own way of looking at it. Surely a 1 day trial would have not had been too much to ask for.

By the way, at least the custom SMS tones which was selected via winterboard works for the lite.
    Have you ever been to IKEA?
    The layout of the store is made in such a way that no matter what you came there for, you have to walk through every department in order to get to the checkout. They are not making the customer buy anything more than what he came for, but the fact that you have to walk through the entire store, ups the chances that they are going to see something else they like and buy that too. Thats how our strategy is. If you wan to trial iRealQuickSMS... then download iRealSMS and just use the quickreply and QuickSMS. Its as simple as never launching the iRealSMS app if you dont want to get the full experience. You know what I mean?
    We arent tricking you or cheating you, we are just offering you a more capable app to trial, so hopefully you will see something else you like thats not in the LITE version... so you will think twice about which one you want.

MAJOR UPDATE!!
    iBlacklist 2.3 is out on cydia and is now iReal compatible!!!!

MAJOR UPDATE!!
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-13-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Have you ever been to IKEA?
    The layout of the store is made in such a way that no matter what you came there for, you have to walk through ever department in order to get to the checkout. They are not making the customer buy anything more than what he came for, but the fact that you have to walk through the entire store, ups the chances that they are going to see something else they like and buy that too. Thats how our strategy is. If you wan to trial iRealQuickSMS... then download iRealSMS and just use the quickreply and QuickSMS. Its as simple as never launching the iRealSMS app if you dont want to get the full experience. You know what I mean?
    We arent tricking you or cheating you, we are just offering you a more capable app to trial, so hopefully you will see something else you like thats not in the LITE version... so you will think twice about which one you want.

MAJOR UPDATE!!

MAJOR UPDATE!!
    Chill bro. You don't have to quote something irrelevant as IKEA is selling hardware not software. You don't have to bloat it up to make me see your point of view.

But I must agree with some users that 5 bucks for this is still a bit expensive. And did I see that from the IrealSMS website that a chinese reseller was authorised? To be frank, if chinese contact searches are not supported, don't expect this or the full version to strike a chord with the chinese users. Just my 2 cents.