+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealQuickSMS 1.0 aka iRealLITE

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by eballesq Dude, reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Seriously. I'm not about to read every post in a thread to find something that might have been mentioned.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Dude, reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Seriously.
    I'm not about to read every post in a thread to find something that might have been mentioned. It wasn't in the original post so I asked about it. GTFO loser.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default ?
    when is it released? i'm ready to buy!
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    I'm not about to read every post in a thread to find something that might have been mentioned. It wasn't in the original post so I asked about it. GTFO loser.
    You're right. Reading a dozen posts is such an ordeal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

Reznor,

Just downloaded irealquicksms. Quickcompose works, but I have quickreply disabled because I want to use bitesms quickreply, which looks much nicer.

However, irealquicksms causes bitesms quickreply to not work.

Any ideas for a fix?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    Reznor,

Just downloaded irealquicksms. Quickcompose works, but I have quickreply disabled because I want to use bitesms quickreply, which looks much nicer.

Any ideas for a fix?
    Yes. Don't use two competing SMS apps...
    Last edited by jcde7ago; 03-15-2009 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks

That's the point of irealquick you dork. It even allows you to
    Select bitesms under the settings as preferred SMS app.

I have it working now, compatibility mode switched on.

Thanks

Reznor,

Any ideas for a fix?
    I was going to suggest Compatibility mode..but you got it I see. How do you like it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    Yes. Don't us two competing SMS apps...
    That was funny.

That's the point of irealquick you dork. It even allows you to
    Select bitesms under the settings as preferred SMS app.

I have it working now, compatibility mode switched on.
    Glad you got it working. It wasnt specially designed for use with BiteSMS but we got it so that it will work...but it works wonderfully with the stock Apple SMS.

I still believe that our QuickReply although not as visually pleasing to you, has better functionality.

1) With BiteSMS, if your phone is locked and you recieve a text, you have until the screen goes dark to acknowledge it(unlock) or else it will cancel and dismiss the quickreply... so you will have to enter the main app to reply... iReals quickreply does not. If you dont have time to answer, dont worry. It will be there whenever your ready to answer it, and you dont have to launch the main app to do so.

2) BiteSMS wont allow you to have multiple SMS message waiting for you in quick reply because of the behaviors explained above. Ours will, and ours will tell you exactly how many SMS messages you have waiting.

3) Now lets say you have 8 unread SMS messages waiting for you in Quickreply and you really dont want to see them, you just want to make a phone call! What do you do!?! Close them one by one? That could take forever!! NO OF COURSE WE WOULDNT DO THAT TO YOU@ You have the option to CLOSE ALL with the press of the home key, which will close all your quickreply messages and mark them as UNREAD so you know exactly what messages still need attention.

We have other features planned for future updates so if the items listed above doesnt get you to use our quickreply(or at least try it for a couple days) then Im sure in the future we can change your mind...

Note that with the purchase of iRealQuickSMS, if you should decide that you want to upgrade to the FULL iRealSMS app(we have things planned for that too), you will have an upgrade option(just pay the difference).
    Thanks for trying our product, I hope your satisfied and decide to purchase!
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-12-2009 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks

I already have the full version! But I downloaded ireallite and my serial worked for that too.

Thanks

I already have the full version! But I downloaded ireallite and my serial worked for that too.
    yes, full version customers of iRealSMS 2.0 have free access to the LITE version. But the activation code is not the same. It will download your license by verifying your paypal email. First post updated

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post

1) With BiteSMS, if your phone is locked and you recieve a text, you have until the screen goes dark to acknowledge it(unlock) or else it will cancel and dismiss the quickreply... so you will have to enter the main app to reply... iReals quickreply does not. If you dont have time to answer, dont worry. It will be there whenever your ready to answer it, and you dont have to launch the main app to do so.

2) BiteSMS wont allow you to have multiple SMS message waiting for you in quick reply because of the behaviors explained above. Ours will, and ours will tell you exactly how many SMS messages you have waiting.

3) Now lets say you have 8 unread SMS messages waiting for you in Quickreply and you really dont want to see them, you just want to make a phone call! What do you do!?! Close them one by one? That could take forever!! NO OF COURSE WE WOULDNT DO THAT TO YOU@ You have the option to CLOSE ALL with the press of the home key, which will close all your quickreply messages and mark them as UNREAD so you know exactly what messages still need attention.

These are exactly the points that brought me from bite to iReal, love these along with delivery notification!

...shame on Apple and their crappy stock SMS application, though!

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    yes, full version customers of iRealSMS 2.0 have free access to the LITE version. But the activation code is not the same. It will download your license by verifying your paypal email. First post updated

Can I install LITE alongside the FULL version? All I want to have is the choice of doubletap home for QS... If not, when will iReal FULL be updated with these features?

Thanks!
    Last edited by llew; 03-12-2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey Reznor, just bought iRealQuick, it looks to be working great with biteSMS. I remember when you pitched these ideas to bitesms dev a few weeks ago and now here you are getting the iReal dev to make these awesome things happen. I'm a big fan of biteSMS in looking like the stock app and the Quick reply features of iRealQuick. For me personally, it really is like the best of both worlds.

Just curious, what is compatibility mode in the settings? Should it be on if I have biteSMS set as my default app?

Thanks

I uninstalled the full iReal app and installed iRealQuick this morning. Once iReal upgrades to fix the ToneFXs problem and adds the hot button selection option I'll switch back, but for now, iRealQuick is working great with the stock SMS app (and my custom tones are back)!

Great work on this app -- can't wait for the full iReal upgrades so I can start using it again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the blue paper airplane in the status bar for? Does that mean the text has not been sent yet? I've been waiting like 20 minutes and it still hasn't gone away.

UPDATE: Rebooted then went into stock SMS app and sent the messages that did not go. Now it is working instantly.
    Last edited by dirtybird1977; 03-12-2009 at 09:04 AM.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    What is the blue paper airplane in the status bar for? Does that mean the text has not been sent yet? I've been waiting like 20 minutes and it still hasn't gone away.
    Reboot your phone and all should be fine.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nintendo For This Useful Post:

dirtybird1977 (03-12-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i installed the new irealquicksms this morning and when i go to open the ireal app...it closes almost immediately. any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    These are exactly the points that brought me from bite to iReal, love these along with delivery notification!

...shame on Apple and their crappy stock SMS application, though!

Can I install LITE alongside the FULL version? All I want to have is the choice of doubletap home for QS... If not, when will iReal FULL be updated with these features?

Thanks!
    Glad you like it! No you can not install this alongside iRealSMS but Yes all these features/options will be available in the iRealSMS full app with the next update. probably within a week.
    Thanks for your support!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Reznor can you help?? I had iReal 2.0 installed and using quicksend and just installed the latest (iRealQuickSMS) and cannot open the app...it loads for a second and then goes back to the homescreen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    Hey Reznor, just bought iRealQuick, it looks to be working great with biteSMS. I remember when you pitched these ideas to bitesms dev a few weeks ago and now here you are getting the iReal dev to make these awesome things happen. I'm a big fan of biteSMS in looking like the stock app and the Quick reply features of iRealQuick. For me personally, it really is like the best of both worlds.

Just curious, what is compatibility mode in the settings? Should it be on if I have biteSMS set as my default app?
    If you have it working and your happy, then dont bother with compatibility mode. Or youll end up getting double or triple SMS popups.

I uninstalled the full iReal app and installed iRealQuick this morning. Once iReal upgrades to fix the ToneFXs problem and adds the hot button selection option I'll switch back, but for now, iRealQuick is working great with the stock SMS app (and my custom tones are back)!

Great work on this app -- can't wait for the full iReal upgrades so I can start using it again.
    Glad you like it! Yeah, finally cracked that custom tones bug and then we released! It should be incorporated into the full iRealSMS app in about a week so stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post

UPDATE: Rebooted then went into stock SMS app and sent the messages that did not go. Now it is working instantly.
    Sorry you had this problem.. you need to reboot after installation for it to start working properly... Should have but a button after cydia installation like swirly does... oh well, next version.

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    i installed the new irealquicksms this morning and when i go to open the ireal app...it closes almost immediately. any thoughts?
    Try uninstalling... make sure that iRealSMS isnt still there if you were previously using it, it should have uninstalled the main app automatically... then reboot. Reinstall... reboot again and hopefully that fixes the problem.

Thanks

You're right. Reading a dozen posts is such an ordeal.
    Wow. I'm talking to a real retard. You don't think, do you?

reznor, I tried the lite version this morning. None of my texts would go through, even after a reboot. Oh well. I can wait a few days for the upgrade.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Tried that and it still doesn't work. The original iRealSMS isnt even working anymore....and i haven't installed anything recently that would cause this conflict.

I was very happy with this app until now...this is just frustrating and im certainly not going to restore for this app

And what bothers me is that I'm certainly very proficient with the iPhone and consider myself knowledgeable about this stuff but can't figure it out...
    Last edited by jabbawalkee; 03-12-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost