+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dismiss Away Items - Mobile Substrate Extension

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I've released a little MS tweak that allows users to dismiss away items and alerts (missed calls/voicemails/SMS, calendar alerts, etc) on the lockscreen without having to unlock the phone. To
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Quick Dismiss - Mobile Substrate Extension
    I've released a little MS tweak that allows users to dismiss away items and alerts (missed calls/voicemails/SMS, calendar alerts, etc) on the lockscreen without having to unlock the phone. To dismiss the alerts, simply click the menu/home button.

You can also use the same home button trick to dismiss alerts while the phone is unlocked (configurable).

Add http://david.ashman.com/apt/ to cydia to get the extension. I'll be releasing it to ModMyI also in the next week or so.

NOTE: To DismissAwayItems users - That application is deprecated. You should remove it and install Quick Dismiss instead.
    Last edited by Stimpy5050; 03-08-2009 at 07:19 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stimpy5050 For This Useful Post:

ceelo2008 (03-06-2009), m.o.r. (03-05-2009), Mes (03-06-2009), nycdiplomat (03-05-2009), phreakwenci (03-07-2009)

Thanks

cool

great work

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

trying this out now, thanx man, i was wondering when something like this was going to come out!!!!!
    Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

thank you Stimpy5050 for this godsend of a release!

as with the case of your other awesome releases, this new absolute must-have MS extension works 100% hassle-free.

because of your ingenuity, we can now uninstall all other unnecessary 3rd party apps just for sms privacy and the like. this leaves us with a cleaner and less-intrusively running system. i, for one, am truly grateful for this new MS extension.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just installed it, and couldn't even test it, I had to remove it because right after installation a weird bug appeared. The AppStore app displayed three upgrades, when I opened it I found apps i had recently upgraded. Weird, I thought. But then I thought it was possible that the apps had another upgrade. I installed them, and right after installation the AppStore app says I still have three upgrades. I checked, and they are the same apps just upgraded. So, I checked the appStore in iTunes. There were some upgrades, but totally different from the ones showing up on the iPhone. I uninstalled Dismiss Away, and now AppStore app on the iPhone displays the same upgrades of iTunes. I install the upgrades directly from the phone, and AppStore app on the iPhone finally stops saying I have upgrades. Weird, but it seems related to Dismiss Away.

EDIT: after further testing, Dismiss Away is not the culprit
    Last edited by marcoiac; 03-06-2009 at 12:50 AM.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    I just installed it, and couldn't even test it, I had to remove it because right after installation a weird bug appeared. The AppStore app displayed three upgrades, when I opened it I found apps i had recently upgraded. Weird, I thought. But then I thought it was possible that the apps had another upgrade. I installed them, and right after installation the AppStore app says I still have three upgrades. I checked, and they are the same apps just upgraded. So, I checked the appStore in iTunes. There were some upgrades, but totally different from the ones showing up on the iPhone. I uninstalled Dismiss Away, and now AppStore app on the iPhone displays the same upgrades of iTunes. I install the upgrades directly from the phone, and AppStore app on the iPhone finally stops saying I have upgrades. Weird, but it seems related to Dismiss Away.

EDIT: after further testing, Dismiss Away is not the culprit
    I have the same weird problem, DA never installed. Please post a note, if you find a solution

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    I have the same weird problem, DA never installed. Please post a note, if you find a solution
    I haven't found a solution, but in my case these 'fake upgrade notices' happen only (but not always) when I quit Cydia. Is it the same for you?
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm reasonably certain the AppStore issue of "fake" upgrades has nothing to do with DA. I see the topic being discussed elsewhere. In any event, the issue is an annoyance at worst, and can usually be resolved by either tapping the "upgrades" tab in the AppStore or rebooting (if it bothers you that much).

By the way, DA works great! Nifty little app.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    I haven't found a solution, but in my case these 'fake upgrade notices' happen only (but not always) when I quit Cydia. Is it the same for you?
    Now that you mention it... yes, same here. Never had this problem in the past, it just started out of nowhere about a week ago

(sorry to steal the thread, will download DA later and report )
    Last edited by llew; 03-06-2009 at 01:58 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

The same thing happens to me when i close cydia. Also thanks for this extension. That was always kind of hassle.

Thanks

Works perfect thanks so much

Thanks

Nice. Thanks.

Thanks

yeah that thing is happening for everyone. Cydia should update itself for that, but it's not a big deal. I couldn't care less.

Thanks

I've updated DismissAwayItems to fix a bug for users that click the menu button to wake their phones. It would dismiss the alerts before they had a chance to read them. ;-)

I also fixed an issue where clicking the menu button when the phone was unlocked also dismissed alerts. If you like that feature, install Quick Dismiss instead.

Thanks

Lookin' good.

Thanks

Installed both the quick and full versions of this app and I don't understand if this is working or not. When I hit the home key nothing happens

1g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: touch 8g-2.2.1-Unteathered Jailbroken

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTEEL1 View Post
    Installed both the quick and full versions of this app and I don't understand if this is working or not. When I hit the home key nothing happens
    That's funny.

Anyway, if your phone is locked and you get a calendar alert ... or sms ... or ??, THAT's when you have the option (using Dismiss) to press the Home button. Press Home and the alert goes away - no other user input required.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifini's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    I've updated DismissAwayItems to fix a bug for users that click the menu button to wake their phones. It would dismiss the alerts before they had a chance to read them. ;-)

I also fixed an issue where clicking the menu button when the phone was unlocked also dismissed alerts. If you like that feature, install Quick Dismiss instead.
    Hi Stimpy

Can you explain in detail the difference between Quick Dismiss and DismissAwayItems?

Am confused here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifini View Post
    Hi Stimpy

Can you explain in detail the difference between Quick Dismiss and DismissAwayItems?

Am confused here
    DismissAwayItems is now deprecated and replaced with Quick Dismiss. You should install the latest QD and remove DAI for good. There are preferences to configure when you want the dismiss action to work now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    DismissAwayItems is now deprecated and replaced with Quick Dismiss. You should install the latest QD and remove DAI for good. There are preferences to configure when you want the dismiss action to work now.
    Stimpy, version 1.1.0 gave me prefs to configure, i just updated to version 1.1.1 of QD and now when I click on Quick Dismiss in the Settings app I get a blank page. I can't configure my QD prefs anymore
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3