Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SummerBoard 2.1 installs icons!

Default SummerBoard 2.1 installs icons!
    or it should...

with the natural development, now that it has themes, icons are the nxt step....

so.. where does that leave iSwitcher? I'm fine if SummerBoard meets my needs to swap icons then most likely iSwitcher will go the way of iDecor

However....
    I am concerned, there seems to be no place for support or information about SummerBoard. We, as users, are left wondering, okay wtf is next?

I will say this, if there are iSwitcher users that still want to use iSwitcher after SummerBoard installs icons then I will fully support them. In addition there is a web site that's lists changes and updates to iSwitcher.
    White 3G

the only reason I havnt tried iSwitcher yet is because im wary of replacing my installer.app or whatever. Why isnt it just already in installer like summerboard is? Just worries me about legitimacy and if installer.app is still able to update the other apps?

Quote Originally Posted by pork View Post
    the only reason I havnt tried iSwitcher yet is because im wary of replacing my installer.app or whatever. Why isnt it just already in installer like summerboard is? Just worries me about legitimacy and if installer.app is still able to update the other apps?
    iSwitcher is on installer... and works perfect

and Greg summerboard with changeable icons would be awesome. Sure wish they would come to this board and talk to us!!!!
    Hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post

and Greg summerboard with changeable icons would be awesome. Sure wish they would come to this board and talk to us!!!!

iSwitcher is not in installer.app... the only thing close to it i see is iLauncher

iSwitcher is not in installer.app... the only thing close to it i see is iLauncher
    You are correct... almost...

If you load my InstallerPak from HERE it will add my source to Installer app.

You need Breezy or iBrickr to install.
    White 3G

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

summerboard still off on my phone...it jacked up mine once..had to do a restore..lost all my personal pictures and some..had to free my phone and remodded all over again.
    In the meantime, iSwitcher kicks butts...it had been really fun creating themes and load them onto iSwitcher and change them on the fly...another cool thing is..i can show them off to my friends..slide to the left, showed them 15 of different themes right there and then..pretty cool app. By the way, iSwitcher and iSwitcher's themes are on Installer...

Thanks Greg for making it fun for me. Keep up the good work.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (09-13-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    summerboard still off on my phone...it jacked up mine once..had to do a restore..lost all my personal pictures and some..had to free my phone and remodded all over again.
    In the meantime, iSwitcher kicks butts...it had been really fun creating themes and load them onto iSwitcher and change them on the fly...another cool thing is..i can show them off to my friends..slide to the left, showed them 15 of different themes right there and then..pretty cool app. By the way, iSwitcher and iSwitcher's themes are on Installer...

Thanks Greg for making it fun for me. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the feedback - that is EXACTLY why I created it! the iPhone is so friggin cool, we needed something to match. At the time, theme development was going like gang busters, it has since tapered off but there are still some GREAT icon sets available.
    White 3G

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

EZO (09-14-2007), stadler (09-13-2007)

hey greg installed iSwitcher finally... and yea doing it via iBricker was very easy, even with the first time using the program. How do i add more themes just winscp them into the iSwitcher folder?

CyberGreg, I LOVE iSwitcher. Unless Summerboard can keep DisplayOrders with each theme switch, it will NEVER replace iSwitcher (at least for me). I also, agree with others here, that we don't know who the
    "SummerBoard" peoples are, and why we can't or they won't speak with us. I personally do NOT like the New Summerboard. It does not give the option to turn off their dock(image) and just leave ours. It disabled iSwitcher for me (i Use iNstaller). Please Continue, you are appreciated. Keep up the Great Work!
    Stadler

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stadler For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (09-13-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post

iSwitcher on Installer? am I missing something here? is this a source that is not supported in installer app?

Default summerboard update gave me a freeze
    I updated to the new version of summerboard and my phone froze up. It went to the voice recorder app and then nothing. I hooked up to my mac and was able to sync my contacts although the phone wouldn't work. I then did a restore from itunes. Things seem to be ok except I lost all of my installer.app stuff. Did I do something wrong, have others had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by rexxiboy90807 View Post
    iSwitcher on Installer? am I missing something here? is this a source that is not supported in installer app?
    That's correct it is 100% fully supported by me!

hey greg installed iSwitcher finally... and yea doing it via iBricker was very easy, even with the first time using the program. How do i add more themes just winscp them into the iSwitcher folder?
    Yup, indeed very "Mac", however there seems to be some themes on here that don't work properly.

There's usually one of two problems:
    1. The theme zip file doesn't work (needs to be ditto zipped or Stuffit for Windows)
    2. The Info.plist file doesn't contain the correct theme name.

Quote Originally Posted by stadler View Post
    CyberGreg, I LOVE iSwitcher. Unless Summerboard can keep DisplayOrders with each theme switch, it will NEVER replace iSwitcher (at least for me). I also, agree with others here, that we don't know who the
    "SummerBoard" peoples are, and why we can't or they won't speak with us. I personally do NOT like the New Summerboard. It does not give the option to turn off their dock(image) and just leave ours. It disabled iSwitcher for me (i Use iNstaller). Please Continue, you are appreciated. Keep up the Great Work!
    Stadler
    Thanks - I have released iSwitcher v1.0 that does not change or load any DisplayOrder.plist file. As more and more users just install programs without having a clue as to what they do, I really have to make it iSwitcher fool proof. Hah, pun intended...

I will continue to support version 0.92 which DOES install a DisplayOrder.plist file.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-13-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    White 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I personally am a huge iSwitcher fan. I haven't been excited about summerboard. Since summerboard's inception It seems like the amount of themes have declined with more of a focus on icons, but I think that the creativity in the whole theme background and icons is far less limiting than icons alone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

That would be awesome if summerboard could do everything because I am not sure if anyone has noticed but everytime we install something the free space available drops and at this pace we will be down to zero in no time,lol. Being able to cut several programs out and pack it into one program is a-okay to me. Plus, it seems that with summerboard, if the icons get installed by it, then the springboard will refresh on the fly without having to wait for springboard to reset. I love iSwitcher but summerboard would be one killer app if it installed icons/whole entire themes.

I do think it's more convenient that do all the theme thing by one software.

but now summerboard changed the way of the icon's disappearing movement,iswitcher can give the original,why not continue developping in your way?

iswitcher,summerboard,rsbt 9 dock icon just make the theming more and more exciting and various

I know how to install via iBrickr with it going to the pxl site, but how do i install the new 1.0 (and delete 0.91). iBrickr wants to find a .pxl file but there is none. I would rather install the one that puts it in installer.app <-noob hehe

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    That's correct it is 100% fully supported by me!

Yup, indeed very "Mac", however there seems to be some themes on here that don't work properly.

There's usually one of two problems:
    1. The theme zip file doesn't work (needs to be ditto zipped or Stuffit for Windows)
    2. The Info.plist file doesn't contain the correct theme name.

Thanks - I have released iSwitcher v1.0 that does not change or load any DisplayOrder.plist file. As more and more users just install programs without having a clue as to what they do, I really have to make it iSwitcher fool proof. Hah, pun intended...

I will continue to support version 0.92 which DOES install a DisplayOrder.plist file.
    Is there a way I can change my version 1.0 downloaded from you to load my premade (per theme) DisplayOrders? I loved this feature of iSwitcher?
    Thanks
    Stadler

Btw, Greg your wording on the subject is pretty bad. You make it seem like there was a 2.1 out, and thats kind of messed up Even worse because this is the the "Launches" forum and not the discussion so it really seems like it was released.

Yes, but it's not untrue... yet...
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-14-2007 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stadler View Post
    Is there a way I can change my version 1.0 downloaded from you to load my premade (per theme) DisplayOrders? I loved this feature of iSwitcher?
    Thanks
    Stadler

Sorry it's been completely removed from v1.0 but again, I'll support the v0.9x that will install the DO.plist
    White 3G

I can't use summerboard2.0 & DockSwap together when U Install Summerboard2.0 U can't change Dock with DockSwap is this a bug?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast