+ Reply
Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8 UPDATE with QuickSend & More!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE 2.0.8.1 ** See FAQ at bottom of post Im pleased to announce the next version of iRealSMS. For those of you who have it you will be
    Thanks

Default iRealSMS 2.0.8 UPDATE with QuickSend & More!
    UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE 2.0.8.1 ** See FAQ at bottom of post

Im pleased to announce the next version of iRealSMS. For those of you who have it you will be happy to know that it is going to be a free upgrade! I was also informed that a stand alone plugin(a LITE version) will also be sold that will have QUICKREPLY and QUICKSEND, but will not include the main app(I believe this is for people that perfer to use the stock apple app, or already paid for BiteSMS and dont want to fully commit to another text app).. which I believe will be priced at $6.25US. Im pretty excited because I actually highly influenced the new features as it pertains to quicksend. The dev and I have been working together and dedicating pretty much all our free time to making this work the way we envisioned, so as to be the most convenient and noninvasive as possible(in regards to keeping it as simple as possible) with a few extras here and there and also for it to function without bugs, right out the box.

New Features:
    QuickSend = A simple tap of the VOLUME UP key gives you the ability to compose a new text message from anywhere(including the lockscreen when enabled via settings), from any app, without having to launch the main app and without exiting your current app. It also gives you the added option to call a contact so it doubles as quick way to access your contacts for a phone call as well(kinda like Quickgold)
    For those wondering how the volume is affected, a second consecutive tap of the Volume Up key will close QuickSend and will allow normal volume control(as long as all taps are consecutive the QuickSend wont toggle back up).

As you can see this takes its simple UI from QuickReply, with the added ability to choose a contact from your contact list, and since it still utilizes predictive text you only have to type in part of the name and it will give you a scrollable list of contacts in which to choose from. It also supports adding multiple contacts for sending a text to more than one person.

After you start typing in a message, the CALL button then turns into a SAVE button, in which you can save you message to drafts for sending at a later time, or you can press the home key to hide quickSend without clearing text you have entered so far. Upon pressing Volume Up, your message will still be there and you can continue where you left off. It also has a character counter in the corner as well.

There also have been some notable additions to the QUICKREPLY.

There is also a CALL button, so you can call the sender as opposed to replying. By tapping SHOW you can also launch iRealSMS main app if you want to view the entire conversation or wish to use other features such as forward or what have you.
    As you can also see, before you type in any text, there is a ghost image within the text field showing exactly how many new text messages you have waiting. You can answer them one by one.. or lets say you unlock you phone and you have 6 messages waiting, and you dont want to answer or even view them now... a simple press of the home button will close all the messages and keep them marked as new/unread.

All of these features are also available in the lockscreen.(when using either feature from the lockscreen the phone will automatically go back to sleep after hitting the send key, this is intentional behavior) But you have to enable it via the settings tab if you wish to be able to quickreply in lockscreen. (A helpful hint: When you do either from the lockscreen the lockscreen defaults to sleep after 5 seconds... to overide this, doubletap the home key the way you would to bring up the iPod controls and this will give you a 1 minute sleep time.)

As you may also have noticed the BLACKLIST feature! Currently it only will blacklist SMS messages(in which it will not show any kind of notifications on incoming texts coming from the designated contacts. But I believe future updates will also blacklist calls as well.

Thats it! Hope you all like it. Should be available now!

FAQ**
    Q: How can I increase the time the lockscreen is lit when I receive a quickreply or send a quicksend?
    A: Currently the screen autosleeps in 5 seconds. This is stock behavior and was left this way intentionally so your battery wont die because your screen stays lit when you recieve a text. Currently there is no way but Im going to talk to the dev to see if there is some way we can tweak the UI for this.

Q: When is the LITE version being released?
    A: Dev told me a couple days after the FULL version. So your guess is as good as mine. I will keep you posted when I receive more info.

Q: Will iRealSMS be compatible with iBlacklist?
    A: The iRealSMS dev and iBlacklist dev are currently working together to make their apps compatible with one another. From what Ive been told by the dev, iRealSMS is compatible, but with the upcoming release of iBlacklist, which should be released in a week. Same goes for Mcleaner, although no release date has been given to us.

Q: Auto-correct doesnt work correctly in QuickSend, it wont let me dismiss recommended word, anyone else experiencing this?
    A: Yes, we all are Having this issue. Thanks! Bug reported.

--!!UPDATE!!--
    Your voices have been heard! The next update is complete and currently availible on Cydia changelog:

- "Add to Blacklist" button in Blacklist menu under settings

bugfixes:

- QuickReply on lockscreen prevented the screen from dimming

- ringtones Bell and Electronic were not played right

- a busy SQL database could cause SMS get stuck in outbox

- QuickReply: hit send on keyboard opened iRealSMS instead

- optimized blacklist number recognition
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-06-2009 at 09:49 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

keda51 (03-05-2009), xKHALIDx (03-06-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

nice....will quickreply work alongside iblacklist? that is my only beef with it!
    Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sounds nice.

Let's see if it plays nice with the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when this software will be avilible and how i can download it and run it in my iphone 3g

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You need to buy it.

iRealSMS - landscape SMS on your iPhone - Home

You install it through Cydia, and activate it using the serial no. that's sent to you after your purchase.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Usman Butt View Post
    when this software will be avilible and how i can download it and run it in my iphone 3g
    irealsms can be downloaded from the cydia app on your jailbroken iphone, you can search for "irealsms" within cydia and then install it to your phone. As far as the update, it should be available later today as you can see from the initial post on this thread.
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Usman Butt View Post
    It will be avaiable on Cydia later today, and comes with a 10 day trial.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    nice....will quickreply work alongside iblacklist? that is my only beef with it!
    not sure because I dont have iBlacklist... but this version will blacklist sms messages... Hopefully the next update will blacklist calls as well.

Quote Originally Posted by punkstar31 View Post
    Sounds nice.

Let's see if it plays nice with the phone.
    Its played nice with mine. Unless you have your mobile substrate overloaded. I had like 14 mobile substrate plugins and it would crash to safe mode every now and again(that was in the first beta, and with that many plug ins my phone would crash every now and then anyways)
    I have currently been using it with Winterboard, Notifier, 5 icon dock, 5 icon columns, lock calendar, weather icon and sbsettings and it has been working without crashing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

And i just bough quicksms... if i would of just waited afew days i could of stuck irealsms... hahah
    Sent from my iPad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ltjbigshot View Post
    And i just bough quicksms... if i would of just waited afew days i could of stuck irealsms... hahah
    Hey I warned everyone(I think I even quoted you in the QuickSMS thread) in the QuickSMS thread to hold off. LOL I was told to be discreet but I tried to hint at this update.
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-04-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Hey I warned everyone in the QuickSMS thread to hold off. LOL I was told to be discreet but I tried to hint at this update.
    i remember reading that warning too lol
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

oo3
    Thanks

I'm curious to see how the LITE version plays with BiteSMS since that's the app I now use
    Last edited by oo3; 03-04-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks

Default Nice
    Wow these new features look awesome I cant wait... People always say how the developers of iReal Are horrible.... I can say from my experience with them, this is not true I have had ireal since day 1 and have had very good run ins with the developers... Just wanted to give my 2 cents lol.. Oh and thanks for the update review much appreciated

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    I'm curious to see how the LITE version plays with BiteSMS since that's the app I now use
    I have a feeling it isnt going to be totally BiteSMS friendly as in when you hit the view button on the quickreply, it will probably go to the native SMS app. But I cant really say. We will all have to wait and see. Maybe in the LITE version you can toggle off quickreply so as to use BiteSMS' quickreply, and you will just be paying for the use of QuickSend. If that sounds ideal, then let me know and I will suggest it to him

Quote Originally Posted by ceelo2008 View Post
    Wow these new features look awesome I cant wait... People always say how the developers of iReal Are horrible.... I can say from my experience with them, this is not true I have had ireal since day 1 and have had very good run ins with the developers... Just wanted to give my 2 cents lol.. Oh and thanks for the update review much appreciated
    The reason communication is so bad, is that I believe the iRealSMS team is just ONE GUY working on this thing. He is a full time student as well. So you can imagine all the emails he gets daily. He has to prioritize what gets answered first and so on and still make time to update this app, and have a normal life as well. But when he is on his game, he is good. Most of this update was done in a weeks time! I contacted him one day with an idea for QuickSend... he turned it into reality overnight and shot me a beta... the rest of the week was just us bouncing ideas off eachother to make the UI more friendly, working out bugs and adding little things like the CALL button. It was a lot of fun. The dev is amazing. Everytime I made a suggestion he had a new beta for me by the end of the day or the next morning. Great guy!
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-04-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the difference between this and QuickSMS? I love QuickSMS i have like 4 days left on my trial and plan on purchasing it but not if this one is better?

I'm not seeing the update in Cydia either... how late today?
    Last edited by zinjen; 03-04-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How much is the app for everything?
    Will the small 6.95$ app be out today?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    What's the difference between this and QuickSMS? I love QuickSMS i have like 4 days left on my trial and plan on purchasing it but not if this one is better?

I'm not seeing the update in Cydia either... how late today?
    The difference is that QuickSMS loads the entire app into springboard via mobile substrate, and iRealSMS will only have QuickReply and QuickSend loaded into the springboard which should make for a more stable environment.

The UI is different too. QuickSMS doesnt feel the need for a quickreply since you have the entire app loaded into springboard... but in my opinion it is an inconvenience having it this way because when you get a text, you get the popup with the option to reply, and upon hitting reply it loads QuickSMS, then you have to go to the conversations list, then select the conversation, then read and start writing a response. Too many steps in my opinion. With iRealSMS the popup has the text field in which to reply to, as shown above. One easy step.

Same thing when it pertains to sending a new message. Dont have to go through any menus. Just hit the volume button and BOOM! a popup is on sreen with a field for the contact and one for the message... simple.

It will be up later this evening the dev said. If you still have 4 days left of trial, then thats plenty of time to make an informed decision. Give it a shot. iRealSMS also comes with a 10 day trial.

Quote Originally Posted by llj1137075 View Post
    How much is the app for everything?
    Will the small 6.95$ app be out today?
    The main app is and should remain $12.50US and will be out today
    The LITE version will be $6.25US and will be out later this week(no offical release date, he told me another day or two after initial release of Upgrade)
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-04-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Talk about a tease. I'm anxiously awaiting the update. I was an iReal user before QuickSMS came out, and now I want to see these new features.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am also curious if this will work nicely together with biteSMS, as this is my preferred SMS app. But I would willingly pay the 6$ for the fast quick send / quick reply option of iReal....

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamse7en's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ltjbigshot View Post
    It's a [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs"]sunk cost[/ame], my friend. Your inner economist will tell you to go ahead and buy iRealSMS, despite having already bought QuickSMS.

Suppose you go to the movie theater with your girlfriend. After you buy the tickets, you lose your ticket. Would you just go home? Would you let your girlfriend see the movie by herself? No. You would buy another ticket. A. Sunk. Cost.

Sorry. Economics is my major, and judging by the public reaction to this stimulus package, the mortgage bailout, and the latest budget plan, there needs to be greater education around the world.

Thanks

reznor...i need to address a possible feature or something of the sort. i am currently finishing up a VERY complete theme and i am interested in theming the buttons at the bottom of conversation view. (the are usually white and i cant seem to theme these) can you shed any light on this topic? i have tried emailing ireal support but i only get autoreplies from them

and once again i am amazed by the response to feedback the devs take. every request i have made so far has been considered or fulfilled. well worth any price for sure.

for people wondering about compatibility with other apps, ireal uses a mobile substrate plug in. so if you have another program with one that is applied BEFORE getting an sms or call (iblacklist or mcleaner) then quick reply will most likely not work.
    Last edited by cricketlang; 03-04-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.