+ Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8 UPDATE with QuickSend & More!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
just tried it and must I say, iReal SMS 8.0 is quite cumbersome. This is coming from a guy who uses QuickSMS so maybe i'm biased but i found it
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

just tried it and must I say, iReal SMS 8.0 is quite cumbersome. This is coming from a guy who uses QuickSMS so maybe i'm biased but i found it very difficult to get the hang of.

QuickSMS may crash more, however i believe with the update it will continue to be the most intuitive of the bunch.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    this feature to reply while the phone is locked needs to follow the iphones lock time. as of right now when i get a text my phone just sits there with the quick reply window up waiting for a reply. thats gonna KILL battery life hard core.
    Mine goes back to sleep after 5 seconds. Not sure whats up with yours???

Anyone else having this happen?

I just sent myself a text and then locked the screen... the phone lit up with the quickreply... I didnt touch the screen and it did infact go back to sleep in 5 seconds so Im again not sure why yours is acting this way.

I tested it again and send an SMS to myself and I even hit the close button when the quickreply popped onscreen... still went back to sleep by itself after 5 seconds..
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-04-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks

how do we add numbers to the blacklist?

and also mine just hangs there. i disabled the lock screen reply. its not a necessity. i can make the extra swipe to reply. hahaha
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

loving it so far. Just wondering if and when 3.0 comes around will I have to pay again if I purchase now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sounds like you already have a conversation going with the person you want to blacklist, hit delete message in that conversation and it will ask if tou want to add to blacklist.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tyson1749 For This Useful Post:

cricketlang (03-04-2009)

Thanks

i want to avoid a conversation actually but now i know how to do it if it happens. thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llj1137075 View Post
    loving it so far. Just wondering if and when 3.0 comes around will I have to pay again if I purchase now?
    I cant answer that. And Im not sure he can either... depends on how major a deal it is to rewrite the app to work... if every line of code has to be rewritten ??? I dunno. But I highly doubt it, because that 12.50 is already a lot for an app(not saying its not worth it cause its worth every penny) but he saw what happened when he tried to charge $20.. no one really bought it.

how do we add numbers to the blacklist?

and also mine just hangs there. i disabled the lock screen reply. its not a necessity. i can make the extra swipe to reply. hahaha
    Im rebooting to see if I can duplicate your problem, cause mine wont hang there any longer than 5 seconds. And the answer is no, I cant dupicate the problem you 2 are having. Mine falls right back to sleep like it is supposed to. Maybe you should try rebooting?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    just tried it and must I say, iReal SMS 8.0 is quite cumbersome. This is coming from a guy who uses QuickSMS so maybe i'm biased but i found it very difficult to get the hang of.

QuickSMS may crash more, however i believe with the update it will continue to be the most intuitive of the bunch.
    I kinda agree, after using quicksms for a week, hard to go back to anything else. I used iReal for several months before quicksms, loved it, but i think quicksms is a game changer.

Thanks

i want to avoid a conversation actually but now i know how to do it if it happens. thanks
    again, Thats something I brought up to him that he needs to put an add button to make it easier... currently to add a contact you have to already have an open conversation with them, then while in the conversation tap the trash can... it will ask you if you want to add the contact to the blacklist. This will be taken care of in the next update Im sure. It was already addressed, I guess it was just overlooked because we were trying to get it out today.

Quote Originally Posted by tyson1749 View Post
    I kinda agree, after using quicksms for a week, hard to go back to anything else. I used iReal for several months before quicksms, loved it, but i think quicksms is a game changer.
    I tried the quickSMS app for 3 days and decided it wasnt for me. I wanted something easier. Not an entire app. Just a quick plugin
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-04-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Free upgrades are always good! Great job to the iRealSMS Dev team (reznor9)
    I've been playing with it and it works pretty good.

Bugs that I found:
    - Lost some of my messages after quick reply
    - A couple of messages that was sent Via quick reply does not get sent out. It's still in my outbox....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Im rebooting to see if I can duplicate your problem, cause mine wont hang there any longer than 5 seconds. And the answer is no, I cant dupicate the problem you 2 are having. Mine falls right back to sleep like it is supposed to. Maybe you should try rebooting?
    rebooted and all that crap and still having the issue. it just stays there waiting for me to reply. im going to have to just keep it disabled. its a minor bug. im not gonna complain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dboy900 View Post

Bugs that I found:
    - A couple of messages that was sent Via quick reply does not get sent out. It's still in my outbox....
    This happened to me when updating before. Not sure what the problem was, but it only seemed to have problems sending within certain conversations to certain contacts.. I what ended up working was deleting that particular conversation. And I started a new one... It worked flawlessly after that.

rebooted and all that crap and still having the issue. it just stays there waiting for me to reply. im going to have to just keep it disabled. its a minor bug. im not gonna complain
    Hmmm... dont understand why it would have that effect on some phones. Are you using any lockscreen apps like intelliscreen?
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-04-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dboy900 View Post

Bugs that I found:

also having the outbox problem. i got mine when i sent a message via quicksms from the lock screen. it just sat there. it actually didnt even show up in my outbox for a while. just the paper airplane in the status bar. then it finally showed up in the outbox. i then had to delete it once it showed up because it never sent. once again menial

and no i dont use lockscreen anything. i keep it simple. it really doesnt bother me. the unread messages thing does but ill get over it. its not a big deal

Thanks

and no i dont use lockscreen anything. i keep it simple. it really doesnt bother me. the unread messages thing does but ill get over it. its not a big deal
    Damn, I really thought we worked out all the bugs. I only got to beta test it on mine and my wifes iPhone 3Gs... and neither had that problem. I wish I could reproduce it so we can fix it or at least find out how to prevent it if its from a conflicting app...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just so you know. I also have the same quick reply problem from the lockscreen. I'm going to try deleting bitesms see if somehow the string is a conflict from that quickreply.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llj1137075 View Post
    just so you know. I also have the same quick reply problem from the lockscreen. I'm going to try deleting bitesms see if somehow the string is a conflict from that quickreply.
    thanks for helping us troubleshoot. Keep us posted

Thanks

i was wonderin if it could be compadible with my background sms wallpaper it says its compadible but i still have a white background in ireal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkknight75 View Post
    i was wonderin if it could be compadible with my background sms wallpaper it says its compadible but i still have a white background in ireal
    I dont know... I had to SSH into the phone and replace some of the PNG files in the iRealSMS application folder to customize it. If there is an easier way to do it via winterboard then I dont know.

Thanks

so u can customize a wallpaper for ireal but u have to ssh into ur phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkknight75 View Post
    so u can customize a wallpaper for ireal but u have to ssh into ur phone?
    I dont know if you have to... but thats how I did it.
    its
    background_conversation.png(thats the background)
    Balloon_1.png
    Balloon_2.png
    all 3 are found in the application/iRealSMS.app folder
    If someone has an easier way to do it via winterboard then please chime in.
    Last edited by reznor9; 03-04-2009 at 10:58 PM.