+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: xGPS 1.2 Released [TURN BY TURN VOICE DIRECTIONS]

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I think Steven Harking is the only choice for now! I wish there was a setting so the voice would say "feet" and "miles" instead of meters.
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Steven Harking is the only choice for now! I wish there was a setting so the voice would say "feet" and "miles" instead of meters.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will this work with an FM Transmitter?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I wish there was a setting so the voice would say "feet" and "miles" instead of meters.
    There is. Just go into settings under General and you can switch it to Use Miles Unit.

Thanks

is anyone able to view the png files for xgps. i am trying to pretty up some of the images but the png files are unreadable.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Just downloaded lots of map tiles

Thanks

Has anyone had any luck with the Download manager? I'm having major problems with it. Firstly, it took over 40 mins to download 55mb of tiles (I'm on a 20Mbit connection!) and then it failed.

And more importantly, when it's downloading, it stops my internet access. Pages will not load and simply report a load error. I've tried various browsers and scanned for viruses. No viruses and it happens over every browser while xGPS manager is downloading.

I'm using Vista Ultimate x64.

Is the route recalculation working for you guys when you go the wrong way? I just get wrong way flashing for a few seconds, then it pops up with an error message saying it cant recompute the itinerary.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Amraam; 03-03-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GADeputy View Post
    There is. Just go into settings under General and you can switch it to Use Miles Unit.
    That only changes the unit of measurement on the speedometer, not the voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Anyway to change the voice? Or is Steven Hawking my only choice?
    The developers will be changing the voice in a update.
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 03-03-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had issue with xGPS manager. The download map never complete. It is stuck randomly in the middle. I tried download several times. First time, the download stuck @ 96%. 2nd time, I tried again it stuck @ 75%.

Anyone know how to avoid this problem?

Thanks

I had some problems with the first release, so I didnt get to test it out much, but at first glance this update seemed to correct them. Current my signal is poor according to the app, so Im going to try to test it out later today when im driving around. I cant get a lock on my current position, and think its a signal problem. ill report back what i find in the next couple days.

Custom sebgonz sig.

Thanks
    would this work with 2g or just 3g phones?

iPhone 2g 8gb 2.2 pwned

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcca21 View Post
    would this work with 2g or just 3g phones?
    I think it will work with 2g if you have external GPS module.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BEEKS's Avatar
    Thanks

Some Feedback:

First of all, I didn't know the app had different GPS options to use, so for any unsuspecting person who's like this ish doesn't work?, go into the GPS options and enable iPhone 3g's GPS, and bam.

Just gave it a test run on the road, here in Rochester. I took it on a pretty straight forward route. Only two issues: it would tell me sometimes to go up a road, make a u-turn and then a left back where I was coming from, instead of just making a right in the first place. (I'm not sure if the application handles the actual directions) and the voice navigation/ beep is really really low, as some ppl have aleady reported.

Overall I'm really impressed by the accuracy and GUI, thanks fo real, and looking fwd to the future updates.

Thanks

the "wrong way" red box on my phone says "WrongnWay" and the ay is on the next line hehe

Thanks

I used it today beside my tomtom and I have to say "well done guys" almost in time with tomtom. Will use it for the next fews days here in UK and let you know here.

John

Green Apple
    Thanks

sure is a battery hog. Even plugged into my car charger, it drains the battery very quickly.

-J

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    the "wrong way" red box on my phone says "WrongnWay" and the ay is on the next line hehe
    You can fix this by editing the language *.strings file yourself. Just add a \ in front of the n and you will have Wrong (next line) Way.

Thanks

thanks. I'm sure they'll fix it on the next release

iPhone? More like MyPhone BEEKS's Avatar
    Thanks

Went out and bought a cradle/charger/stand/radio fm transmitter magigger today. Made by Belkin, it keeps the phone display up, charges and has an FM transmitter built into it. Perfect setup for x-gps, AOL Radio, ipdoding while driving.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BEEKS View Post
    Went out and bought a cradle/charger/stand/radio fm transmitter magigger today. Made by Belkin, it keeps the phone display up, charges and has an FM transmitter built into it. Perfect setup for x-gps, AOL Radio, ipdoding while driving.
    Using mine for about a month. If you have a 3G, make sure packaging says for 3G. Older ones that look identical are NOT compatible. Works good .... expect can't unplug/replug --- else phone says 'not compatible......'. When starting the car, must give it 2-3 seconds to do something (self-test). FM transmitter stinks (like all the rest), but the direct line works great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got a vent mounted cradle for my iphone from frys for like 10 bucks. Its been working for 5 months now. I use the tape cassette adapter for sound and a griffin car charger for charging.

Works good, just get annoyed sometimes of plugging in everything but i got used to it.