Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sbsettings memory reading inaccurate?

Default Sbsettings memory reading inaccurate?
    Hi, I have a question about sbsettings.
    I ssh'ed a file (around 200mb) into my phone and removed it later useing mobile finder on the iphone but when I open sbsettings I don't get an updated reading on /var memory available.
    So it I have around 680mb when it really should say 880mb. I tried uploading a 700mb file and it worked even though the xbsettings reading said 0mb left.
    So anyone has any suggestions on how to get accurate memory readings from sbsettings again?

did ya try respring or reset iphone?

MobileFinder doesn't delete the file. It moves it to its Trash folder in /private/var/mobile/Library/MobileFinder/Trash/

you can delete the Trash folder to delete the file.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fatsnake For This Useful Post:

venciso (02-23-2009)

[quote=fatsnake;3420631]MobileFinder doesn't delete the file. It moves it to its Trash folder in /private/var/mobile/Library/MobileFinder/Trash/

Yes, I found that out today. Thanks for your help guys!
    Last edited by venciso; 02-23-2009 at 04:55 AM.

i used WinSCP to delete a file, but SBSettings still shows it taking up space. how can i find the "Trash" folder for WinSCP or is there a way to search for a specific file?

when you open SBSettings it shows you how much memory is left (as in RAM) not physical memeroy like the 8GB that it comes with.
    and for the HDD its talking about your disk space. applications like SBsettings and Customize save info. on the disk. you might want to remove some un used apps to free that up ( mainly apps downloaded from cydia)
    Last edited by tbaldwin102; 05-19-2009 at 03:56 PM.

While we're on this subject, whats a good amount of memory to have free? Obviously "the more the better" is going to be a popular answer here, but at below what level does it become bad? mine often varies a lot, but typically hovers between 10 and 20mb, so not massively big

Thanks

I'm around 45mb right after a reboutor respring. Run typically around 35-37mb. I find things tend to get unstable below 20mb free.