Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Mewseek Pro

  1. #1
    Default Mewseek Pro
    Mewseek Pro is out on Cydia. I just tested it without registering yet. It's very fast for live streaming (I haven't downloaded anything yet). But the database seems to have much less stuff than Mewseek. Does anybody know why?
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

  2. #2
    I dunno but I hear it cost like $6.99 to register now.

  3. #3
    Works pretty good although selections of songs is not as good as Mewseek
    Transfers to music library easily too

    Hope he allows more sources soon
    ------------------------------

    iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Works pretty good although selections of songs is not as good as Mewseek
    Transfers to music library easily too

    Hope he allows more sources soon
    Yup, it's fast and works flawlessly. There are two problems though. Source selection, as dallasnights points out, but also the fact that downloaded songs transferred to the iPod cannot be synced back to iTunes, of course. Which means you still have to transfer manually the files to your computer if you want to add them to specific libraries, and get the artwork, etc.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

  5. #5
    Transfering is fantastic and I'm sure sources will improve, but there is wayyyy too much advertising. I did three searches and now a popup interupts anything I try and do. It's well worth seven bucks, but only if the advertising goes away when it's bought.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by loafomatic View Post
    Transfering is fantastic and I'm sure sources will improve, but there is wayyyy too much advertising. I did three searches and now a popup interupts anything I try and do. It's well worth seven bucks, but only if the advertising goes away when it's bought.
    The ads will stay even after you pay. That's my understanding of the contract agreement
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

  7. #7
    I was able to download a song via Mewseek Pro, but it keeps crashing when I try to send something to the ipod-it seems to be working, but 1/2 through, it crashes. When i go back into M.P., it appears/says my song has been transferred, but I don't see it in my music library(on iphone, not in iTunes). Anyone else having this issue?

  8. #8
    I was able to download a few songs to test out the importation to the default player, and it works surprisingly well...i was able to find my downloaded songs in my library via artist/album/song search. However, the sligh problem is, it kind of messes up the order of your songs by artist...meaning, some "S" songs are in the "R" category, and so on. Not a big deal for me, but it definitely needs fixing if they're charging for an app like this...

  9. #9
    experienced the same thing it messes up your alphabeticals after letter S when songs are sorted alphabetically

  10. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale AZ
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default edge?
    has anyone tried streaming over edge? is it decent meaning without stops?

  11. #11
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Yep it's pretty fast over EDGE for me, I'm on O2-UK, it even at one point dropped down to GPRS but the song still kept downloading and the song keeps on downloading in the background even if you close the app. I downloaded a Metallica song to test out the app so not sure about the alphabet messing if the song or artist's name is after "R" or "S". Don't worry Metallica, I've already bought all your albums so no need to sue me

    It has a pretty nice UI, too bad it doesn't have a built in media player like dTunes.
    Does anyone know where the downloaded songs are stored on the iPhone and how do you delete the song from the iPod app if you don't want the song you just imported?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 02-16-2009 at 06:14 AM.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Yep it's pretty fast over EDGE for me, I'm on O2-UK, it even at one point dropped down to GPRS but the song still kept downloading and the song keeps on downloading in the background even if you close the app. I downloaded a Metallica song to test out the app so not sure about the alphabet messing if the song or artist's name is after "R" or "S". Don't worry Metallica, I've already bought all your albums so no need to sue me

    It has a pretty nice UI, too bad it doesn't have a built in media player like dTunes.
    Does anyone know where the downloaded songs are stored on the iPhone and how do you delete the song from the iPod app if you don't want the song you just imported?
    Thanks.
    Songs downloaded from MewSeek Pro go to ~/Media/MewSeek (there are two other folders in this one, Downloads and Import, I believe the downloaded files go to Downloads and get moved to Import when you import them into your iPod App in iPhone), whereas the regular MewSeek puts the songs in ~/Media/Music/MewSeek Downloads. You can delete your imported songs by clicking 'manually manage your songs' in iTunes (or something like that), and then deleting the songs as you would do in iTunes.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    This version is buggy and crashes a lot. I paid for the registration so I hope it is improved.

    The first three times I tried to run it...it never left the springboard. Now that it does run...it crashes back to the springboard consistently.

    The music sources often return errors(no fault of Mewseek of course). When I click on a source to download sometimes it won't bring up the listen/download buttons. This happens too often.

    The idea is a great one, but this version just isn't happening for me.

    3G/2.2

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    This version is buggy and crashes a lot. I paid for the registration so I hope it is improved.

    The first three times I tried to run it...it never left the springboard. Now that it does run...it crashes back to the springboard consistently.

    The music sources often return errors(no fault of Mewseek of course). When I click on a source to download sometimes it won't bring up the listen/download buttons. This happens too often.

    The idea is a great one, but this version just isn't happening for me.

    3G/2.2
    Never crashed on me, but I haven't used it a lot. My major problem is the small number of sources. Compared to regular MewSeek, MewSeek Pro is pathetic, at least for the kind of music I typically search.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

  15. #15
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    There are plenty of sources for me. Sometimes I have to click "Show 50 More" at the bottom to view more results.

  16. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    did you guys say that you transfered the music from the mewseek folder into your ipod app on the phone? i was wondering how you did that? i didnt think that was possible because itunes cuts the songs up or something like that. or does the pro version just put them in automatically?

  17. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fame City, OH
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts

    Has anyone figured out how to ssh they're own music in to the MewSeek app. I tried but doesnt show up in app.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by iMacMar View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to ssh they're own music in to the MewSeek app. I tried but doesnt show up in app.
    I'd like to know this too.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I was able to download a song via Mewseek Pro, but it keeps crashing when I try to send something to the ipod-it seems to be working, but 1/2 through, it crashes. When i go back into M.P., it appears/says my song has been transferred, but I don't see it in my music library(on iphone, not in iTunes). Anyone else having this issue?
    I'm having a worse issue. I just tried to send a song to the ipod database and it crapped out in the middle of the rearranging and now iTunes can't even read the database on my phone. Now it says I have to restore. That's a nice bug. I'd advise everyone to stay away from this program until they make it stable. This sucks!
    Last edited by SupahDave; 02-17-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #20
    The reason you are not getting as many results is because it is not a P2P server. Basically its using seeqpod site but with a nice GUI. If you use dTunes, you will likely get the same search results. I personally like it. Its super fast! I don't understand how it works though. How can it download the song so fast? I mean the speed is the same but it just finishes downloading as if the song was like 100kb. I used mobile Finder to see the size of the file I just downloaded and indeed it is about 4.7mb! Thats crazy! Theres some magic in there I tell ya. I downloaded a song using mewseek (not pro) and since the feature for transferring it to your ipod app has been disabled I tried moving the song into the mewseek pro downloaded file. It would not show up in MSP. Therefore, I couldn't transfer it over. If someone knows how this app works, please share your insight. Im just curious. Good job Errick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •