+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The First Free Gui Unlock App

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by TOXiN hey i started the program after doing what you said.. and it loaded fine.. then i started it.. it went thru some processes and then it
    Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TOXiN View Post
    hey i started the program after doing what you said.. and it loaded fine.. then i started it.. it went thru some processes and then it crashed back to the main screen is this normal.. or is it another problem? also it seems i dont have any recpetion anymore and it looks like my wifi.. took a poopie haha
    this what iam afraid of,,what do we need to backup,also if phone is alredy active,then do we need to patch the lockdown

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cant get EDGE to work. i do have the sidekick plan, and i did change the APN to: wap.voicestream.com

i also left the username and password blank

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

hey i started the program after doing what you said.. and it loaded fine.. then i started it.. it went thru some processes and then it crashed back to the main screen is this normal.. or is it another problem? also it seems i dont have any recpetion anymore and it looks like my wifi.. took a poopie haha
    so what did you figure out,or were you joking

Green Apple
    Thanks

updated!!!!! after i had the problem with it crashing back to the main screen.. i thought id wait 20 mins so i did.. nothing.. so i figured the program just crashed.. and it cut off my wifi and stuff.. so i restarted the program.. and it didnt crash this time.. waited 20 mins.. said it was done.. restarted the phone.. and bambo.. works like a charm!!!! thanks you guys your amazing

My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnaldinho View Post
    Sorry being thick here, done everything. That unlock file you say download, do we creat a new folder in applications called Unlock.app or just copy the files namely ice03.14.08_G.fls, iunlock, lockdownd & nor to the applications directory?

Sorry for the dumb question!

When I restart my phone, I can only see installer on the dock...no iphone app icon
    Sorry man! I am working right now. haha. A lot of us guys have this as a hobby. ok.. Yes.. Create a new folder and copy ALL the files into it.
    The easier way is to just Drag the unlock folder.app into the Applications section by WinSCP as mentioned.

Dont forget to set permissions

updated!!!!! after i had the problem with it crashing back to the main screen.. i thought id wait 20 mins so i did.. nothing.. so i figured the program just crashed.. and it cut off my wifi and stuff.. so i restarted the program.. and it didnt crash this time.. waited 20 mins.. said it was done.. restarted the phone.. and bambo.. works like a charm!!!! thanks you guys your amazing

So did the walkthrough help?
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 09-12-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

jedinight (09-12-2007), TOXiN (09-12-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

indeed it did.. id say sticky it if you have such thing in this forum.. or put it in the guide section

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    Sorry man! I am working right now. haha. A lot of us guys have this as a hobby. ok.. Yes.. Create a new folder and copy ALL the files into it.
    The easier way is to just Drag the unlock folder.app into the Applications section by WinSCP as mentioned.

Dont forget to set permissions

So did the walkthrough help?
    thanks for the help,well everything went smooth but how can i tell its unlocked iam still using att sim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just thought I'd post this to anyone else... I had a problem, it brought up the first screen briefly after I pressed the Start button, saying copying files, stopping commcenter, flashing firmware - then disappeared. I lost connection (as expected). After 45 minutes of waiting, I still had no reception. I reset my phone, started the Unlock.app again, pressed start and this time it stayed on the screen saying Flashing firmware (Allow 20 mins for this to complete). I'm currently waiting, but I think it will work this time around.

Actually it didn't work for me, says I must sync with iTunes, incorrect sim card. Where did I go wrong? Everything completed with the app.
    Last edited by JLatte; 09-12-2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When I get to this step and I enter my ip addres I get a network error: connection timed out, can any explain to me what I might be doing wrong.
    Thanks

Get Windows SCP here > Win SCP download

Run WinScp and then login by entering your ip address (found in settings>WiFi>"your routername >" name: root password :dottie (These are the default)
    [B]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try doing it again, it failed the 1st time for me as well.

Thanks

i cant get the files from the first post.....the page is down

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmerlos View Post
    When I get to this step and I enter my ip addres I get a network error: connection timed out, can any explain to me what I might be doing wrong.
    Thanks

Get Windows SCP here > Win SCP download

Run WinScp and then login by entering your ip address (found in settings>WiFi>"your routername >" name: root password :dottie (These are the default)
    [B]

Hmm.. Need to change to "SCP" I think the default is SFTP.. Sorry. I will update the log =)
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks guys for your help, i'm now using my new iphone I bought today on my T-mobile account

Thanks

Can anyone upload the app with the gui?

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Can anyone upload the app with the gui?
    Here is a mirror for Erica's Unlock zip file: RapidShare
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

17. The Following User Says Thank You to antiflash For This Useful Post:

z3r01 (09-12-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so how does it work with data if your using tmobile. same as at&t? except if you dont have a data plan with tmobile you get charged? Kinda confused on how that works. Or do you just not use anything at all that has to do with data.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjtn View Post
    so how does it work with data if your using tmobile. same as at&t? except if you dont have a data plan with tmobile you get charged? Kinda confused on how that works. Or do you just not use anything at all that has to do with data.
    I tried a co-worker's tmobile card today and the EDGE was not working. I would assume that it wouldn't be that hard to get it running, but it definitely didnt load up without configuration. It might require a call to them to re-configure EDGE...not sure. they use the same technology so it should be fairly transparent, but who knows.

I wonder if they will get smart and setup a comparable iphone plan. that would be a huge smack in ATT's face! hahaha
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Thanks

I dont know about other carriers...I have been cingular for years... but I know if you have a blackberry to get edge whether on cingular or tmobile you need blackberry service.
    So... I would say to get edge on tmobile you need to add that to your service plan, and they will give you a compatible sim

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ANYONE KNOW HOW the app gui WORKS PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i download iunlock it does not show up as " iunlock.app " it shows up as iunlock