Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 0.2 Release - Lock Calendar - Display Calendar Events on Your Lock Screen!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    With respect, I wholeheartedly disagree. It's very useful – and just as importantly, it's pretty. Text message alerts scroll off the screen in the same circumstances, remember.
    Guys, I am not sure what you are talking about here. I just upgraded and like the upgrade, but where is this 'not display' thing?

Quote Originally Posted by volatile-dev View Post
    I think I've nailed down the two major issues: lag when undimming the screen, and the screen auto-dimming too quickly. Also, I've added some separators:

Instead of officially releasing these fixes, I was thinking about doing a quick beta test. If you're interested, I've placed the updated package at:

<a href="http://www.volatile-dev.com/LockCalendar/lockcalendar_0.2.1b.deb">http://www.volatile-dev.com/LockCalendar/lockcalendar_0.2.1b.deb</a>

To install it, you'll need to copy it to your device, SSH in, and run the following commands:

Code:
    dpkg -i lockcalendar_0.2.1b.deb
    killall SpringBoard
    I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Thanks!

Thomas Moore (volatile-dev)
    I have not tested 0.2.1b yet. These are three suggestions for future developments:
    1. Option of choosing to have or have not the separators
    2. Option of choosing between the thin white line (as it is now in 0.2.1b) and the dark bar (as it was previously in 0.1)
    3. Option of setting up the area of the lockscreen in which LockCalendar displays the items, so that it can co-exist with other lockscreen widgets, for instance a 7-day weather widget I used to use (and enjoyed, although I think the calendar is more important)

Thanks and great work!!!!!!

BTW, I do not experience any time lag with 0.2.1 but I confirm the auto-dimming issue.
    Last edited by marcoiac; 02-08-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lockscreen-Timeout and some Ideas
    Regarding the Lockscreen-Timeout I tested and found out, that both with or without LockCalendar being displayed:
    • Normal timeout is 7 seconds after pressing the Home-Button, no matter how much you scroll or touch the screen.
    • Extended timeout is 60 seconds after cancelling the passcode entry, no matter how much you scroll or touch the screen.

So in my testing it seems that the user-interaction is not influencing the timeout at all.
    Update: I just saw your beta-release and will try it as soon as Cydia finished "repairing" ...

Update 2: Tests with 0.2.1b show the same result as above, I am sorry. Still only works on first lock after a respring.
    I have no other Lockscreen-Mods installed, except QuickUnlock.

Now for some feature requests:
    Additionally to the much appreciated "Current Event" switch I would wish for
    • "Today's Events" – keeps all of today's events visible until midnight
    • "Current Date" – always shows the "blue" date-row, even if no event is scheduled for today. (This might be solved together with inco9nito99's request in post #11 of the 0.1 thread by introducing a "Number of days shown anyway"-setting)
    • Please use the newly introduced code to hide the calendar for a hide/show function. (Double-)Tapping on the Clock could toggle LockCalendar + a setting to select the initial state.

Thanks for this great utility!
    Last edited by flo#; 02-08-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Updated for beta results, see also post below

I just installed 0.2.1b, and Good news:
    No more lag time! Even with unlimited entries and one week intervall, Lockscreen appears almost instantaneously after pressing home or power button!!No more frustation and waiting !

Lines between days are better than nothing in between : I personnaly would have loved colored days in blue and darked like previous version!

It still does not break the time limit of 20 seconds in my case, even if you scroll for ever! I would love a separate solution to increase the lockscreen time to 1, 2 or 3 minutes!!!!

Kudo to Thomas : real and definitive improve for his fantastic app!!!
    Thanks a lot again for his hardwork that deserves a maximum donations from all Lock Calendar lovers!!!!!
    Last edited by docomar; 02-08-2009 at 01:29 PM.

I wish there were an option to enable the 0.1 visual style. The dark bars looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by flo# View Post
    Regarding the Lockscreen-Timeout I tested and found out, that both with or without LockCalendar being displayed:
    • Normal timeout is 7 seconds after pressing the Home-Button, no matter how much you scroll or touch the screen.
    • Extended timeout is 60 seconds after cancelling the passcode entry, no matter how much you scroll or touch the screen.

So in my testing it seems that the user-interaction is not influencing the timeout at all.
    Update: I just saw your beta-release and will try it as soon as Cydia finished "repairing" ...

No for some feature requests:
    Additionally to the much appreciated "Current Event" switch I would wish for
    • "Today's Events" keeps all of today's events visible until midnight
    • "Current Date" always shows the "blue" date-row, even if no event is scheduled for today. (This might be solved together with inco9nito99's request in post #11 of the 0.1 thread by introducing a "Number of days shown anyway"-setting)
    • Please use the newly introduced code to hide the calendar for a hide/show function. (Double-)Tapping on the Clock could toggle LockCalendar + a setting to select the initial state.

Thanks for this great utility!
    What do you mean by : "Extended timeout is 60 seconds after cancelling the passcode entry" ?

I set a passcode entry, and canceled it, and I do not have any 60 seconds Extended timeout!!!!!
    I have only 20 seconds because I installed the 20 seconds lockscreen! I wish I could get at least those 60 seconds lockscreen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by docomar View Post
    I just installed 0.2.1b, and Good news:
    No more lag time! Even with unlimited entries and one week intervall, Lockscreen appears almost instantaneously after pressing home or power button!!No more frustation and waiting !

Lines between days are better than nothing in between : I personnaly would have loved colored days in blue like previous version!

It still does not break the time limit of 20 seconds in my case, even if you scroll for ever! I would love a separate solution to increase the lockscreen time to 1, 2 or 3 minutes!!!!

Kudo to Thomas : real and definitive improve for his fantastic app!!!
    Thanks a lot again for his hardwork that deserves a maximum donations from all Lock Calendar lovers!!!!!
    I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by "It still does not break the time limit of 20 seconds in my case, even if you scroll for ever!" The design is to dim the screen after x seconds once the table stop scrolling (x being 5 seconds for normal, or 20 seconds with the 20 second lock screen plugin). Is this what you're experiencing, or is it still dimming after 20 seconds from the time the screen becomes visible no matter if you scroll the table or not?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to volatile-dev For This Useful Post:

docomar (02-08-2009)

It is still dimming after 20 seconds from the time the screen becomes visible no matter if I scroll the table or not!!!

OOOPS!!! Sorry, I just resprang my iphone and repeated the scrolling, and NOW it never dims as long as you scroll!!!!!!
    It looks like to do so I had to respring my iphone!!!!
    Now, it is like previous version : never dims as long as one scrolls!!
    But, you have to respring your iphone to get that!!!
    Last edited by docomar; 02-08-2009 at 01:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lockscreen-Timeout
    Quote Originally Posted by docomar View Post
    What do you mean by : "Extended timeout is 60 seconds after cancelling the passcode entry" ?

I set a passcode entry, and canceled it, and I do not have any 60 seconds Extended timeout!!!!!
    I have only 20 seconds because I installed the 20 seconds lockscreen! I wish I could get at least those 60 seconds lockscreen!!!!
    When you have set a Passcode, and you unlock the lockscreen, you are taken to the passcode-entry. If you cancel that, you return to the lockscreen, but now the usual timeout of ~5-8 seconds is extended to a full minute, before the screen will darken again.

It seems to me, that the "20 seconds lockscreen" might not only override the normal timeout, but also the extended timeout, so they both will be 20 seconds.

just to clarify. I am running 0.2 (not the new .deb called 0.21b) and after respringing it never dims. Looks like the feature has been there all the time. People need only to respring.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lockscreen timeout works only on first lock after respring

Tests with 0.2.1b show the same result as above, I am sorry.
    Of course I resprang and even rebooted.
    (By the way, I have no other Lockscreen-Mods installed, except QuickUnlock)

At first I thought it was resolved, but it worked only in the first lock after a respring: scrolling extends timeout (just touching doesn't), worked perfectly until I unlocked. On all subsequent locks it is just as described above. Reading marcoiac's post it seems that there is no difference to 0.2, that probably also works on the first lock after a respring. Maybe somebody can confirm my findings?

On a sidenote: the unlock-slider-button seems to be the only region on the lockscreen that being touched will definitely and under all circumstances extend the timeout.
    Note the animated reflection on the unlock-slider-text: when touching the slider button it starts over; while scrolling LockCalendar it just freezes temporarily.
    Maybe this could be a trail to finding a more robust way of resetting the timeout?

Tests with 0.2.1b show the same result as above, I am sorry.
    Of course I resprang and even rebooted.
    (By the way, I have no other Lockscreen-Mods installed, except QuickUnlock)

At first I thought it was resolved, but it worked only in the first lock after a respring: scrolling extends timeout (just touching doesn't), worked perfectly until I unlocked. On all subsequent locks it is just as described above. Reading marcoiac's post it seems that there is no difference to 0.2, that probably also works on the first lock after a respring. Maybe somebody can confirm my findings?

On a sidenote: the unlock-slider-button seems to be the only region on the lockscreen that being touched will definitely and under all circumstances extend the timeout.
    Note the animated reflection on the unlock-slider-text: when touching the slider button it starts over; while scrolling LockCalendar it just freezes temporarily.
    Maybe this could be a trail to finding a more robust way of resetting the timeout?
    Good observations! I confirm that this is also my experience. After the first unlock, it reverts to its previous behavior (at least in my 0.2 version): it auto-dims even if one keeps scrolling. Only way to avoid auto-dim is to keep your finger on the screen (kind of awkward, of course). I also confirm that touching the slider region extends the timeout.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Installed 0.21b. Wow!! The delay is gone. Congratulations.

Ascetically, the thin line between days is better then nothing, although personally I prefer the semi-transparent grey box.

Also, I noticed the very 1st displayed day is colored dark blue and everything else is white. An obvious indication of ‘Today’. In my dark starry background, today is a little hard to read (probably impossible with a dark blue background). If possible, we need some color selection capabilities.

Looking good

Hey, just thought of a great addition:

After each day (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur .......) add a number in "(+x)" indicating how many days after 'Today'.

If today is Sunday, then:

Sun
    event
    Mon (+1)
    event
    Thu (+4)
    event
    Sun (+7)
    event

For those showing many days and/or gaps in days w/events, this minor addition would help visualize future events.
    Last edited by Mes; 02-08-2009 at 05:06 PM.

I second and strongly agree with the findings of flo# : it looks that lock calendar breaks out the time limit of lockscreen ONLY after respringing of the iphone! Scrolling extends timeout ONLY on the first lock after a respring : all following locks do not extend the timeout even on scrolling nonstop!!!

We definitely need a separate way to extend the time limit to 1,2 or even 3 minutes without scrolling!!!

At least, a 60 seconds lockscreen would be more than welcome! Hopefully, the developper of 20 seconds lockscreen will extend his findings to at least a 60 seconds lockscreen!!!

Gotta say 0.2 looks much better to me. I like it without the dark bars as separators. What if you just used a line space in between dates instead of the lines? The lines look good but it does take away from the simplicity.

I'm still for a hide feature as well. I would disagree with the double click on the clock idea. The sole control of Lock Calendar is to flick/scroll it up and down. Keep it the same. When Hiding is on scrolling up will bring up the calendar from being hidden below. Make it a pref for those who want it ON or OFF. Either way, I'd like to see the Hide preference added.

OOPS!! Just got "Sad iPhone" springboard crash! I wasn't doing much other than a quick close and open of the lock screen. Restart and everything is good.

Thanks for the awesome app! Keep up the great work.

Another weird finding : whether Current Event is on or off in Settings app,does not change much!!
    What is exactly the use of putting Current Event on or off?

Interesting...

When I installed 0.2 over 0.1, and didn't respring, the lock screen would always dim after the default interval (20 seconds, because I have 20secLockscreen.dylib installed), whether I was playing with the Lock Calendar region or not.

After I resprung, the lock screen would not dim until 20 seconds after I stopped scrolling the events. I think this is the intended behavior.

Now with 0.2.1b and a respring, the lock screen is back to the original behavior. It ignores my activity and dims after 20 seconds.

As far as appearance, I have to say the solid bar behind the date from 0.1 was growing on me. No divider vs line vs solid bar could be broken out as a setting, along with font face and size and anything else appearance-related where tastes will vary.

One new feature I would request is to allow the user to select which calendar(s) are displayed by Lock Calendar. For example, I have a separate calendar for birthdays that I've stopped syncing because I'd rather not see those events on the lock screen. I'd start syncing it again if I could toggle it off in Lock Calendar's settings.

Thanks again volatile-dev for the great work.

Default 0.3b
    It seems that 0.2.1b fixed the undimming delay issue, which is good. However, it didn't fix the auto-dimming issue. With all of your help, I believe I've got it figured out.

Apparently, a lot of people grew accustomed to the old look, so I've added some options to allow you to customize the look of the calendar:

As with 0.2.1b, I'd like you guys to take a look at 0.3b for me. Download it at:

<a href="http://www.volatile-dev.com/LockCalendar/lockcalendar_0.3b.deb">http://www.volatile-dev.com/LockCalendar/lockcalendar_0.3b.deb</a>

To install it, you'll need to copy it to your device, SSH in, and run the following commands:

Code:
    dpkg -i lockcalendar_0.3b.deb
    killall SpringBoard
    Thanks for all the help!!

Thomas (volatile-dev)
    Last edited by volatile-dev; 02-08-2009 at 06:45 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volatile-dev For This Useful Post:

96hondaex (02-10-2009), docomar (02-08-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default which folder?
    which folder do you install it?

donated<<< first time,

Quote Originally Posted by volatile-dev View Post
    It seems that 0.2.1b fixed the undimming delay issue, which is good. However, it didn't fix the auto-dimming issue. With all of your help, I believe I've got it figured out.

Apparently, a lot of people grew accustomed to the old look, so I've added some options to allow you to customize the look of the calendar:

As with 0.2.1b, I'd like you guys to take a look at 0.3b for me. Download it at:

<a href="http://www.volatile-dev.com/LockCalendar/lockcalendar_0.3b.deb">http://www.volatile-dev.com/LockCalendar/lockcalendar_0.3b.deb</a>

Code:
    dpkg -i lockcalendar_0.3b.deb
    killall SpringBoard
    Thanks for all the help!!

Thomas (volatile-dev)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jeproks77 For This Useful Post:

docomar (02-08-2009)

FANTASTIC 0.3b VERSION : ALL PREVIOUS ISSUES ARE SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus some very nice preferences in Settings app to personnaly adjust the appearance of the Lock Calendar!!!!!!

Only one very small request and for me it would be PERFECT and FINAL : I would LOVE to get all days of the week in Blue color, not only the first day!

Is that possible please???????

Congrats Thomas : you finally made a Dream app!!!!
    Last edited by docomar; 02-08-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    nobody wants to help??

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast