Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: BiteSMS 3.0 Beta releasedis a discussion within the
Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launchesforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
02-05-2009, 03:16 PM #1
BiteSMS 3.0 Beta released
As per title - beta valid for 20 days then you have to pay.
http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta as a source in Cydia to install the beta application.
- Added the sub-menu (right-swipe in text box) showing “Add My Location” and Smileys to Landscape mode.
- Added auto-correction in settings page per active language, so when you switch keyboards the auto-correction setting for that language will take effect.
- Added additional Smileys, and made them more quickly accessible.
- Added Privacy feature, allowing control over whether the Name, Text and Preview window is shown for incoming SMS messages.
- Added Quick Reply…!
- When sending an SMS, you can now press the Power or Home keys and it will be sent as expected, without needing to wait for the “sending….” process to complete.
- Reorganized the settings screen and updated text, so that the settings are easier to understand.
- Added functionality such that the Intelliscreen “Launch SMS” feature now works with BiteSMS.
- Much faster matching of contacts, especially for those users with very large Contact databases (+5000 contacts)
- Added an End User License Agreement into BiteSMS, which only needs to be acknowledged once.
- Added licensing to BiteSMS, including a free trial period.He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:
02-05-2009, 05:20 PM #2
That BETA came out a couple of days ago they release an updated BETA today 2/5/2009 with these updates features. Quote from there website:
Just put out a new Beta, containing most of the things you guys have raised for this Beta – thanks all for your help…
Improved Smiley images (much crisper now, thanks Thyraz).
Improved performance when opening a conversation thread, especially for conversations with a lot of SMS messages.
Support for SMS databases that have been “messed-up” by other SMS applications, such that the compose new message and Quick Reply now saves the SMS message in the database such that you can view it! – prior to this fix an SMS message was being saved against a group that had no group members, so you could not view it! – That’s not supposed to happen, and the database was not messed-up by either Apple or biteSMS..
Auto-correct settings now apply when using the Quick Reply feature.
You can now use the “Close” button on the Quick Reply after pressing “Send” without needing to wait for the “sending…” process to complete and it’ll work as expected. If it fails to send, the Quick Reply will pop-up again…nice!
If the Privacy -> “Show Preview” setting is OFF, then when an incoming SMS arrives, your SMS ringtone will now play as expected.
Still to do:
Scrolling in the Quick Reply and some beautification
In Quick Reply, set the “Send” text only (not the button) to pink if it’s in effect set to “Send via biteSMS”
We are planning on releasing into the wild on Monday, along with the new website to allow purchasing of a full license.
biteSMS Thread: http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/521
Last edited by Nick Z; 02-05-2009 at 05:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Z For This Useful Post:
02-06-2009, 01:52 AM #3
02-10-2009, 04:03 AM #4
I appreciate that they want to get paid but it still sucks.
02-10-2009, 06:00 AM #5
i would like to go back to the 2.7 release which was free.
Anyway to install that version. when I do
apt-get install bitesms=2.7
it says not found.
Never Mind: I found the 2.7 .deb file and installed it again
Last edited by san9jay; 02-10-2009 at 06:17 AM. Reason: found deb
02-10-2009, 08:58 AM #6
Final version of 3.0 was released this morning. Its no longer in beta.
02-10-2009, 11:38 PM #7
02-15-2009, 03:34 PM #8
could someone give me instructions on how to go back to 2.7
please and thanks
so i found instructions on how to do it via ssh.
is there a way to revert back without ssh?
Last edited by p0rge; 02-15-2009 at 03:59 PM.
02-22-2009, 09:53 PM #9
where did you find the instructions to go back to 2.7? could you help me out? thanks
02-23-2009, 04:05 PM #10
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Find the DEB file, search a bit its not that hard.
then do this
How to install iphone software : How to install DEB files
if you find a source with the 2.7, you can add that too but I did not look for one.
02-24-2009, 08:11 PM #11
03-04-2009, 07:16 PM #12
okay so i tried it but im not too good at using terminal and stuff. sorry just kinda new at this. does anyone have like specific instructions about how to use terminal and install debs? sorry again and thanks for all the help.