+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BiteSMS 3.0 with Quick Reply! Availible now

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Just downloaded the demo beta. It is great! I think we have a winner! Sorry that I dont have screenshots, but just add the repo www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta and your all set.
    Thanks

Default BiteSMS 3.0 with Quick Reply! Availible now
    Just downloaded the demo beta. It is great! I think we have a winner!
    Sorry that I dont have screenshots, but just add the repo
    www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta
    and your all set.
    So far it works flawlessly. And now has finally made me switch from irealsms back to bitesms!
    Not sure what they decided to charge but I think it will be very cheap and they have by far the best customer service around.

its a 21 day trial
    Last edited by reznor9; 02-04-2009 at 06:50 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamnintendork's Avatar
    Thanks

Does the quick reply have auto-correction?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Bitesms
    You forgot to mention that it's now a 21 day trial version. So for all of you who use it for forwarding and deleting individual messages I advice you not to upgrade. I did and kinda regret it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My License is valid until August 09....?!
    iPhone 4 16GB 4.2.1 / iPhone 3GS 32GB 4.0.1 / iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.3 / iPhone 2G 16GB 1.1.4

MacBook Air 11'6" / Hackintosh i7 Snow Leopard

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Just downloaded the demo beta. It is great! I think we have a winner!
    Sorry that I dont have screenshots, but just add the repo
    www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta
    and your all set.
    So far it works flawlessly. And now has finally made me switch from irealsms back to bitesms!
    Not sure what they decided to charge but I think it will be very cheap and they have by far the best customer service around.
    Just curious as why you switched from iReal. iReal's latest version is near perfect.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I currently use iRealSMS but I dont like how messages show unread even though they have been. I also dont like the iRealSMS over all look and feel. I do like iRealSMS for quick reply and the run in background option that allows me to launch/respond to sms messages quicker. I'm willing to give biteSMS a fresh chance though. cool

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are you saying we must pay for biteSMS PLUS 0.10/message with the new version?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

So far I like it, the app loads WAY faster than ever before. The license says it expires December 2009. It doesnt say anything a about having to buying a license. It's free to "send via carrier" as before and they only want you buy credits to send through their internet sms service. (just as before) If you are in the U.S. with an unlimited text plan, then the only reason you would ever want to buy credits would be to send a text message via WiFi if Cell towers were unreachable. So again It doesnt appear to be a paid app from what I see so far. It appears auto correction on/off is there in options but I've yet to try it Quick Reply yet.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ahh thanks. I frequently send international texts with biteSMS (0.10/ea). Much cheaper then carrier! Would hate to also buy the app. Will save my current version just in case a downgrade is required.

Banned
    Thanks

I've tried all the 3rd party apps and did not like them. But I'm trying this right now and can honestly say that it's not too bad. I may actually keep it. If only they supported winterboard!

How much does it cost after the license is up? Or does it only charge your for there credits?

oo3
    Thanks

I just installed it. Looks great, although quick reply does not work with Intelliscreen activated. I hope this gets resolved as BiteSMS looks very promising.

*EDIT*
    I checked out the BiteSMS forum and figured it out. You must disable the SMS preview from the Edit Layout screen in IS and that will solve the issue.

On another note, they say the price is likely to be $6 USD.
    Last edited by oo3; 02-04-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks

Does this work and play well with iBlacklist?
    Half the functions of iRealSMS dont work on my phone.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    I just installed it. Looks great, although quick reply does not work with Intelliscreen activated. I hope this gets resolved as BiteSMS looks very promising.

*EDIT*
    I checked out the BiteSMS forum and figured it out. You must disable the SMS preview from the Edit Layout screen in IS and that will solve the issue.

On another note, they say the price is likely to be $6 USD.
    I was reading on there forum as well and they said when they release the full version it will be $5 USD after the trial period is up. However if you buy credits to send over wifi, you do not need to pay for the app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamnintendork View Post
    Does the quick reply have auto-correction?
    Yes it has autocorrection

Quote Originally Posted by chuks View Post
    You forgot to mention that it's now a 21 day trial version. So for all of you who use it for forwarding and deleting individual messages I advice you not to upgrade. I did and kinda regret it.
    Well my advice is to uninstall it... remove the beta repo, and you should still be able to install the old 2.7 version...

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Just curious as why you switched from iReal. iReal's latest version is near perfect.
    I didnt purchase the iRealSMS app.. $20 is a lot for me. Just used the 10 day trial and I loved it.. but BiteSMS is closer to the stock app... and the quick reply works great. They both have their advantages... I might like iReal better, but overall value as to the price the winner I think is BiteSMS

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Are you saying we must pay for biteSMS PLUS 0.10/message with the new version?
    No... if you purchase credits you dont need to pay for the app.. but if you plan to use it for the carrier version only then they will charge I think $5 one time fee.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

iamnintendork (02-04-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, this is great! Mine will work until the end of the month.

I love Quick Reply!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Just installed this app.

Where is the setting so new texts are opened in bitesms instead of the stock sms? All new sms are coming to the stock sms app.

Cheers

Ignore me: found the setting
    Last edited by tigermad; 02-07-2009 at 12:25 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Unhappy Even buying credits isn't a permanent license solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Z View Post
    I was reading on there forum as well and they said when they release the full version it will be $5 USD after the trial period is up. However if you buy credits to send over wifi, you do not need to pay for the app.
    BiteSMS's site's front page now states that buying credits only allows a user to have a license to use the program for a year. The 'permanent' license is 6 bucks (I somehow don't think it'll end up being a permanent license, they'll 'need' money to update the program...), but to have a yearly license is at least $6/year. That's deplorable, the developers are ripping off their own customer base by doing a 'subscription' licensing model.

I'd wish they just make an ad-supported version of the updated app. I'd use it then.

Considering the developers touted BiteSMS as 'free!' for so long (and even offer the Touch counterpart for free, even if it ends up in the AppStore), they're now being like every other iPhone developer... wanting part of the iPhone application money tree and using 'monkey see, monkey do' economics.

As is, I'm using the 'old' version and plan to back it up so I'll have it to use when I need to update or restore my phone.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 02-09-2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: added items
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

can we get some screenshots? I would install and test but i have mysms set up perfectly and dont wanna uninstall just to test it out haha
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

Banned
    Thanks

They've just release the full version. $5.95 for full license after 20 day free trial

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, now that it's 5.95, it's not worth it.. get MySMS or iRealSMS instead. better features for almost same price.