Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ClearCam significantly sharpens photos

Default ClearCam significantly sharpens photos
    Downloaded it just now; looks like it hit the cydia repository today, so if you look on the Changes tab, you should see it. I was initially skeptical, but in my first few photos, it showed the beneficial effects of what appears to be a nice sharpening mask. My guess is that photos taken with this app can be used for decent character recognition. This one looks like it'll be a keeper on my iphone.

Does it add a new icon or just improve the default camera app?
    Thanks!

Edit: just downloaded it and it is another camera app icon.
    Tested it against the default and can't tell any difference in clarity when zooming but it's night here so I'll try again tomorrow in daylight.
    Last edited by THEdAY; 02-03-2009 at 12:42 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to THEdAY For This Useful Post:

typhoone (02-04-2009)

I didn't see a zooming mode. It looks like it's trial-ware, with a 15 day demo period. Use after this trial requires a registration code for $10. And, yes, it is an app, so it will create a separate icon.

is this free?

Quote Originally Posted by lolento View Post
    is this free?
    Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguy2007 View Post
    It looks like it's trial-ware, with a 15 day demo period. Use after this trial requires a registration code for $10.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    it keeps crashing when taking the pictures

In the description it didn't say it wasn't free. Can't believe I lost bandwidth on this.
    I hope it's as good as it's supposed to be.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

At this moment I can't recommend buying this app. The unlock code what I got doesn't work, manual activation even doesn't work.

SO DON'T BUY AT THIS TIME!

Yeah I couldn't test it either because it would take like 3 pictures then crash.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Haven't had a chance to compare the pictures yet; but seems to be stable for me; taken several sets of pictures and seems to work... will try to compare pics tonight

Thanks

I used the 'enhanced' mode and it froze my phone.

Thanks

Yep crashed my phone too

Hey guys, sorry about the crashes!

This was the result of a permissions problem and it occurred on a significant subset of phones out there. We're releasing a fix tonight (1.0.1).

Nikke73: Did you contact us to resolve the unlock code problem? Please email customer_service at occipital.com if you didn't get the unlock working yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I personally will not continue using this program, it just takes WAY too long to take a photo + store it in the queue... If the speed of this was improved I'd probably buy it.

It is much sharper and better quality then the default camera.app though, which is excellent!

TDD: Thanks for the feedback. Stay tuned for a future release that really speeds things up. I think we can hit at least 2X faster.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jrpowers For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (02-04-2009)

I really like the app and will keep using it; the native camera was quite useless to me given the low quality of the photos. With this app, I've started using the camera again. I agree, processing speed is an issue, but in most cases, I'm not in a rush. Also, it seems that you can queue up the photos for processing later (i need to verify this).

Edit: it is possible to defer processing, however, the trial version of the app limits the queue to only one photo.

In another issue, noted in the next post below from soulthoughts, I think it is good practice for developers to monitor forum discussions of their apps. It's a cheap way to get feedback from actual users.
    Last edited by iphoneguy2007; 02-04-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks

thanks to the developer for actually reading this thread and responding to the issues....

1.02 crashes on countdown.

just wondering, if i start the trial today, then after 15days can i still use the "free" version of the app? or it will force me to enter the unlock code to continue the usage?

in short: can i still use it free after i passed the trial?

many thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i like this app. works great, purchased it. seems worth it to me i take a lot of photos
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast