View Poll Results: Poll: Clippy vs hClipboard vs CopierciN

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clippy

    125 73.96%
  • hClipboard

    48 28.40%
  • CopierciN

    3 1.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Poll: Clippy vs hClipboard vs Copier

  1. #41
    Where did the copy/paste buttons go in Clippy??????

    ETA - the new version requires you to hold down 123.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 02-17-2009 at 11:45 AM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Where did the copy/paste buttons go in Clippy??????

    ETA - the new version requires you to hold down 123.
    I was wondering the same thing when I first updated. I was like huh.... Searching all over and then realizing u just Hold Down 123 lol

    Clippy works great!


  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    How do you copy sms messages? I cant with clippy or hpclipboard
    tap and hold the received SMS bubble with Clippy and here it goes -- the menu pops up with copy.

  4. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life Chase817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,463
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts

    I like clippy.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk;3369371[b
    Hold Down 123[/b] lol
    Isn't that a lot slower than just tapping the globe to get to hClipboard?
    If you only have one keyboard then using a second for hClipboard
    seems better than having to press and hold a key to access clippy.

    Just my opinion.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Isn't that a lot slower than just tapping the globe to get to hClipboard?
    If you only have one keyboard then using a second for hClipboard
    seems better than having to press and hold a key to access clippy.

    Just my opinion.
    yes, but clippy offers coping from tons of places now.

    it crashes safari tho :P

  7. #47
    The new version of clippy is annoying.

    I'm getting this pop up menu most of the time when I go to delete an e-mail.

  8. #48
    thats another bug :P (or maybe a feature, who knows)

  9. #49
    As of right now i cant update my clippy app so therefore its currently useless. if anyone knows how to do so please inform me. This other app titled hClipboard is not able to download. So both of these are unavailable. I am going to try and find this CopierciN
    Unlocked 1 Generation iPhone
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    The new version of clippy is annoying.

    I'm getting this pop up menu most of the time when I go to delete an e-mail.
    Same here, well just scrolling through emails and then it pops up.


  11. #51
    Same i have yet to find any use for the clickable box copy feature. Its annoying scrolling through the appstore or email.

  12. #52
    i think its just a timing thing. if theres a delay before the pop up window comes then we are good. so if u wanna copy the entire message, hold it there for 3 seconds and the box comes. theres no reason for u to hold the message for more than 3 seconds if you are just scrolling through them. that would be a good idea and a quick fix.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    i think its just a timing thing. if theres a delay before the pop up window comes then we are good. so if u wanna copy the entire message, hold it there for 3 seconds and the box comes. theres no reason for u to hold the message for more than 3 seconds if you are just scrolling through them. that would be a good idea and a quick fix.
    This waiting thing is what puts me off clippy. Hold 123 and WAIT? I'd much rather just press the globe and have hClipboard available immediatly.

    Just my 2d's worth.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  14. #54
    me too. i hate that i can't swipe-delete mail without seeing the popup

  15. #55
    Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    it crashes safari tho :P
    I noticed that. I uninstalled it, at least until v1.0 comes out. I still prefer hClipboard, though.

  16. #56
    The swipe e-mail thing has supposedly been corrected in the newest beta version.

  17. #57
    when they were first released, i went with hclipboard because i found clippy too simple and obstrusive, but now i am definitely a clippy kool-aid drinker... cheers!

  18. #58
    clippy now copies webpages without the need for all that bookletting bookmarking thingy

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Barachus View Post
    clippy now copies webpages without the need for all that bookletting bookmarking thingy
    How does it work? I can't seem to figure it out.

  20. #60
    Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Barachus View Post
    clippy now copies webpages without the need for all that bookletting bookmarking thingy
    But it just gives you a block of text to copy, which is fine, but I like being able to select text within that block with hClipboard using the bookmarklet. I don't always want to copy the entire block of text.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •