125 73.96%
  • hClipboard

48 28.40%
  • CopierciN

3 1.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll: Clippy vs hClipboard vs Copier

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by meetidnani i cant see clippy on cydia. Have the required source. Have refreshed it 6 -7 times but i still cant see it in cydia Keep trying,
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meetidnani View Post
    i cant see clippy on cydia. Have the required source. Have refreshed it 6 -7 times but i still cant see it in cydia
    Keep trying, its there. Remove a source, then add again. Read the comments on what u can do to help.

Good luck!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Clippy is by far the best i've used! It does have it's complications but it's still quicker to use than the other utilities out there.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I must be missing something, because despite the rave reviews of Clippy, it appears to be mainly for short text snippets that fit into the visible area. I cannot make it scroll to select text that is underneath the keyboard. Am I missing something? The hClipboard approach is better IMHO, since you can either select all text or you can set start and end.
    Yeah i havce the same issue but it's not really for just short snippets. I think the problem is the size of the text screen or it not being able to scroll up more.

In emails i'm able to scroll high enough to copy most sentences but as soon as i reach the top of the viewable area it stops! its annoying but still i think clippy is better. You can do all of copying from the same screen instead of closing apps to copy then select where to export too...pshh F* all that lol.
    Last edited by hollow0; 02-04-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

clippy for sure.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you can edit the text in "edit stack"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

for sure

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

new clippy update. clippy=amazing

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hCipboard is by far better than all of them, copy paste that works well with every app and the ease of use is five star. clipy is only good for passwords and sms.

Thanks

I tried clippy, it was OK, then along came hClipboard which works very well.
    I haven't tried the latest incarnation of clippy and was just thinking after reading through this thread, that I ought to give it another go as no one seems to like hClipboard when I got to the last post...
    hClipboard works for me, doesn't mean I won't give clippy another try sometime but at the moment I have no reason to and can't be arsed....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    How do you copy sms messages? I cant with clippy or hpclipboard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I don't know about clippy but with hClipboard the only way I've found of copying an SMS is to forward it then select it. Obviously you can't forward with the standard app so need either BiteSMS or iRalSMS or something similar.

I don't know of a way of copying with the std app.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifini's Avatar
    Thanks

New updates for Clippy and hClipboard

wonder how this will pan out now...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

even before the new update i thought clippy was better, but after the update clippy has knocked it completely out of the park! the new implementation is a million times better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barachus View Post
    even before the new update i thought clippy was better, but after the update clippy has knocked it completely out of the park! the new implementation is a million times better
    In what way?

Also, I just checked and the latest version of hClipboard on cydia is 0.0-2 which is what I've already got. Is this the latest or am I missing something?
    [Edit] Just seen http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...e-0-1-5-a.html[/Edit]
    Last edited by confucious; 02-17-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    In what way?

Also, I just checked and the latest version of hClipboard on cydia is 0.0-2 which is what I've already got. Is this the latest or am I missing something?
    [Edit] Just seen http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...e-0-1-5-a.html[/Edit]
    copyin and pasting has always just always been a simple matter of highlighting, copy/cut and paste, all this messing about with special keyboards and keys all over the place is an unneccesary complication of a simple task, much credit to the devs of hclipboard, but for me the simplicity of the execution in clippy is IMO a better implementation

Thanks

When I tried clippy I found it very difficult to highlight the text I wanted, I found hClipboard's approach much easier. It has been a while since I tried clippy, is it easier now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its as easy as it has always been for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barachus View Post
    its as easy as it has always been for me
    Horses for courses I guess. I just find hClipboard a lot easier to use so I guess I'll stick with that

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    You can copy SMS with Clippy(latest update) buy holding the SMS.

Clippy FTW but I still have to use hClipboard for copying in Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Horses for courses I guess. I just find hClipboard a lot easier to use so I guess I'll stick with that
    hClipboard is alspo pretty cool but Clippy is as easy as hClipboard aswell now.

Both of them have one feature missing so that's why I'm using both.
    hClipboard + the hClipboard bookmarklet to copy in Safari.
    Clippy to forward SMS's.

With Clippy's frequent updates, I think Clippy will be the first to be the all-in-one!
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 02-17-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

I use BiteSMS to forward emails (I know, I could use iRealSMS) and am happy with hClipboard at the moment. maybe I'll try clippy again one day but see no need to at the moment.

Having both would only confuse me!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Thanks

what makes people think that they cant use clippy to copy text from safary using the bookmarklets that hClipboard web page provided ? ://

i still use hclipboard, but now i see that it has newer versions on their website, and not on cydia

plus, i installed clippy´s latest version today, and i cant make or dont know how to make the copy/paste/etc buttons appear (and there is no changelog for the last version )

pd: there is also a search plugin for clippy now, no idea what it does

edit: just read on another thread how the new way to controll clippy works, its nice, really nice. There are no templates, but other than that, its really a tight match now.
    Last edited by Cocchiararo; 02-17-2009 at 09:57 AM.