+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneLocator - First Facebook Application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
It worked like a dream yesterday very accurate only 1 street away. Today nothing, nada, zip. I dunno am gonna try uninstalling and refreshing repo and starting again. Fingers crossed.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

It worked like a dream yesterday very accurate only 1 street away. Today nothing, nada, zip. I dunno am gonna try uninstalling and refreshing repo and starting again. Fingers crossed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you're having problems, try opening a terminal session on your device (either via SSH or the "Term-vt100" app) and entering the following command to run the locator manually:

/bin/iPhoneLocator

Wait a minute for the "Success" message and you should see your latest info on Facebook. Otherwise you'll get an error message that might be handy for troubleshooting.

For example, I've been consistently erroring-out with the message "Failed to process the string" using Skyhook mode over the past day or so.
    Last edited by drowlflood; 03-06-2008 at 01:36 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you're having problems, try opening a terminal session on your device (either via SSH or the "Term-vt100" app) and entering the following command to run the locator manually:

/bin/iPhoneLocator
    Tried that and i'm getting the same error message as you. Really annoyed cos its such a great idea I wanna show all my mates.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    strange, it seems to be working now. nothing to see here! please move along...

Green Apple
    Thanks

VERY IMPRESSED.

I know it's cheeky, but is their anyway to implement this into a wordpress sidebar without letting my visitors see my facebook page?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works great!

Thanks!

Thanks

Ever gonna be any updates to this amazing app, Dan?

Maybe a native app version with settings so we don't have to reinstall the repo?
    13" MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB DDR2 PC-5300 RAM, 500GB external HD
    4GB iPhone, 1.1.2, unlocked on USA T-Mobile

Green Apple
    Thanks

Its still not working?! I've uninstalled the repo and the prog. Restarted my fone and re-added the repo and the program. I've done everything I can think of. Please anybody and ideas it worked once and that was it!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drowlflood View Post
    For example, I've been consistently erroring-out with the message "Failed to process the string" using Skyhook mode over the past day or so.
    How did you resolve this problem? I am receiving it under both Tower and SkyHook.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ive installed this thing twice, and nothing is happeneing at all on my phone or on facebook

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Now here's a nifty app.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

installed the first day and still no recent locations. There have been times when I left my phone on with autolock set to never for over an hour and still nothing. Ive also tried manually running through terminal and i get the error string.

Any ideas or suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by williamp0044 View Post
    How did you resolve this problem? I am receiving it under both Tower and SkyHook.
    It just went away by itself before. It's returned for me too. haven't been able to use it for several days now.

Just a guess, but I'm thinking its a problem writing to Facebook; perhaps the app's bandwidth is too much?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamse7en's Avatar
    Thanks

It seems that I have to click on the iphonelocator app on my profile to update it, so that it shows my most recent location. Once I click on it, then to back to my profile, it then shows my updated location. Is this normal? I shouldn't have to do this should I?

And lastly, if I choose Tower mode, will it not work if I am on WiFi at home? Is it Tower only?

Also, it seems this latest update causes my Wifi to stay on, even when I turn it off, it turns itself back on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just tried your software. But... it did not seem to locate on facebook.

Next I tried changing options in facebook, then after uninstalling iphonelocator, it crashed installed to springboard.

I tried to reinstall the package, and then it says, download failed, even though internet connection is working.

Next I removed the repository, and and tried putting it back in again. During the refreshing of sources, it suddenly crashes back to springboard. Now installer does not work, and keeps restarting when I refresh. Anyone else experience this problem?

I am using Cydia, and iphone jailbroken 1.1.2 firmware.

EDIT

I found the culprit! It was MobileRSS! the latest version, although fixes bugs within the program, it now makes it crash intermittently and make other programs crash. Will test iphonelocator later.

Mazor

MAzor
    Last edited by mazor; 03-26-2008 at 05:59 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

did this stop working? it hasn't updated my location in over a week and a half...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not working reinstalled today April 18 is last update, can the dev update this and make it work again please

Thanks
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

worked for me. Super accurate withing 20 or 30 feet lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been trying to get this to work for a few days now too and can't get it working no matter what. I've re-installed like 4 or 5 times trying different things... grrr

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Is it possible to have this send the phone coordinates to Google Earth on my home PC? If so that would be AMAZING!