+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MySMS now has quick reply

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I've only got the demo version of MySMS, but I too noticed that when you send an SMS via the quickreply, it doesn't show up in the conversation screen. It
    Thanks

I've only got the demo version of MySMS, but I too noticed that when you send an SMS via the quickreply, it doesn't show up in the conversation screen. It is as if the SMS was never sent, even though the recipient receives it.

Perhaps a bug to be ironed out soon?

Quote Originally Posted by crashspeeder View Post
    I don't really see how mySMS is better than iRealSMS. If somebody could give a good argument instead of posting a snappy remark that'd be quite useful. Otherwise, it seems I'm sticking with iRealSMS. I see encryption is one thing mySMS does that iRealSMS doesn't. Is that it?
    Personal preference mate.

Oh and the fact that iReal is 2.5x the price of MySMS is important too
    Last edited by Amraam; 01-28-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amraam For This Useful Post:

crashspeeder (01-28-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Finally, a response that doesn't make me want to pull my hair out. Thanks for the clarification. I was just making sure I didn't miss anything. I have to say that I'm 100% satisfied with iRealSMS' performance so far. I haven't had it crash or not show me a text, not send, etc. It just works. Price aside, I was looking to hear what either had that the other lacked, which appears to be just encryption. Thanks again.

Thanks

Well my demo of irealsms is up. Now I'm trying mysms. I have to say that I really like irealsms better. But I don't want to purchase it until I get a chance to try out bitesms 2.8 which should be coming out any day now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like iRealSMS before... but it can't work with MCleaner plus it appears demo msg using quickreply even you bought the app!

oo3
    Thanks

I uninstalled ireal and tried out mysms. the quick reply didn't work after unlock so i uninstalled it and reinstalled ireal. now my ireal quick reply looks like mysms...weird.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default DB Question
    Does MySMS use the 'native'/'official' SMS database to store SMS messages, or does it use it's own database?

iRealSMS uses it's own database that makes backing up with Syphone or MissingSync impossible (because these programs read from the 'official' SMS database backed up by iTunes, and doesn't see any other DBs).

I'd like to have Quick Reply usage, but unless MySMS lets me retain backups of SMS on my Mac (like I can right now without using any 3rd party SMS app) it's useless to me.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Does MySMS use the 'native'/'official' SMS database to store SMS messages, or does it use it's own database?...
    I think it uses the official SMS database, and probably by ones choice. My phone's not in front of me right now, but I remember in addition to the choice of having MySMS your default SMS app, you can also choose to keep the stock SMS active. I have mine in a Categories folder.

At any rate, it does keep logging everything in the stock SMS on my phone. Download the demo. It's what I'm currently using, though I'm looking forward to the official 1.0 release (don't want to pay today and again for the upgrade) as the demo lags with the 30 second delay most of the time.

Release 1.0 and take my money!

Thanks

Does MySMS use the 'native'/'official' SMS database to store SMS messages, or does it use it's own database?

iRealSMS uses it's own database that makes backing up with Syphone or MissingSync impossible (because these programs read from the 'official' SMS database backed up by iTunes, and doesn't see any other DBs).

I'd like to have Quick Reply usage, but unless MySMS lets me retain backups of SMS on my Mac (like I can right now without using any 3rd party SMS app) it's useless to me.
    What in the world are you talking about? iRealSMS texts show up in my regular SMS app which means that it'll back up no problem.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crashspeeder View Post
    What in the world are you talking about? iRealSMS texts show up in my regular SMS app which means that it'll back up no problem.
    I see... I read over the changelog and noticed it was a combination of bugs between the native SMS app and iRealSMS and were fixed eventually (I last used a trial of the program back in August, go figure).

It makes little difference to me now, since BiteSMS was updated with similar features and costs less than either iRealSMS or MySMS...
    Although Bite's developers had a good thing being free to use, now they kinda went 'monkey see, monkey do' with its 3.0 version and requiring license or credit purchases to use the program...
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

It makes little difference to me now, since BiteSMS was updated with similar features and costs less than either iRealSMS or MySMS...
    After having used the other two for a while, I'm liking biteSMS as well. I like it's similarity to the stock SMS app, though there are 1 or 2 minor fixes I'd like to see.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12