Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Dynamic weather icon

Default New Dynamic weather icon
    Im sure most of you have the new weather icon mod or at least tested it, but for the life of me can not get this to work and i feel dumb as spit.

I have edited the correct file with my zip code as well as others just in case and it doesn't change to the correct temperature. The only odd thing i have come across is when i first opened the plist file it had

<key>location<key>
    <string><string>

The tutorial i was reading had it where there was a default zip code already in the file, and mine did not. I then proceed to enter my zip in between the strings.

edit:
    already tried:
    YES i have enabled it in winterboard
    i do have intelliscreen so i enabled weathericon in performance boost
    i have resprung
    Last edited by phatcamaro; 01-22-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed this and it caused my SB to go into safe mode all the time, even if i respring, so i gave up on it
    iLive an iLife

^^^ Same here

UPDATE: I grabbed 1.4 this morning via Cydia, works fine now :-) Props to the Dev!
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 01-23-2009 at 09:42 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I've noticed that with v1.42 the plist had changed. Mine only had ImageMarginTop, ImageScale and TempStyle. These are all new properties. Non of the original ones where there: Celcius, Location, RefreshInterval and WeatherBundleIdentifier. I added those, and it seems to be working fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's the name of this mod? I can't seem to find it on cydia...

Yes, please share where you found this... and what repo is it from?
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Can somebody comment on how much memory does this mod take up?