Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New task Manger

It's actually better than sysinfo, amazingly enough. Excellent find
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Wah-hoo!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for a new task manager!!!!
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    I had this installed before; but now when i try to install; it doesn't show up in spring board; all permissions look correct; Any suggestions?
    try this

Edit the PkgScript\Postflight file, change chmod -R root /Applications/MemTool.app to chown -R root /Applications/MemTool.app (theres a typo in the file!)

Copy the PkgScript\Postflight file (not the PkgScript folder) to /private/var/root/Media/

SSH in and run

/private/var/root/Media/Postflight

edit: nevermind...i found out what caused my phone to crash...it wasnt task manager. sorry for bashing the app. i have it running now and its very useful.
    Last edited by relientmt; 02-13-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds like you're scre.....d!! Sorry. With the multiple Library and Media files..... ugg. This app installed in 30 seconds for me and I still use it frequently.

Now for your immediate problem. There was a thread a couple days ago about renaming Applications to Applications2 at the beginning of the boot (as soon as you can get in). As the thread goes, the phone should finish booting quickly ... but with no apps . Then rename it back and respring. The poster said this worked and everything was back to normal.

I've never tried it ... so use at your own risk. Good luck.
    Last edited by Mes; 02-13-2009 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by relientmt View Post

warning...don't install this app!
    I understand your frustration, but on the other hand the app did not create any problem to a lot of people here. Many times problems have more than one cause.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

eh whats done is done. it sucks that i lost my most recent contacts. guess ill try installing this app again once my phone is done restoring.

If you download the zip SKEREDMOBILE provided for all of us, all you have to do in drag and drop the files to the correct folders then use mobile terminal and type

"/private/var/root/Media/Postflight"

then hit enter...

that is all, nothing else

PS when I first tried running the command in mobile terminal, it said there was an error message..
    cant remember what it said exactly, but I just re-ran the command and it worked.

Hope that helps everyone else.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Anybody noticed a drop in free memory after installing this? I used to have about 30 Mb of free memory, now it's always less than 20. I can't think of any other app I installed recently.

i keep getting a permission denied when entering the command in mobile terminal. i even did the su command and entered my password. whats going on?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Iman07 For This Useful Post:

deenybird (02-17-2009)

Default More Complete Instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by skeredmobile View Post
    Nice find. Thanks for the app.

Ive repacked the entire package (app, english.lproj, and postflight file) into one zip for an easier install....

Follow the previously mentioned steps found in this thread or just read the ReadMe file.

==================================================
    To install MemTool-Eng to your iPhone, follow the steps below.
    ==================================================

SSH to your iPhone using WinSCP and upload the following:

- Place the MemTool.app in the /Applications/ directory.

- Place the Postflight file in /private/var/root/Media/ directory

(You could just drag and drop the two folders that are included within the zip to '/' in order to bypass the navigation to each said directory)

-Just before running '/private/var/root/Media/Postflight'
    Use SSH/Properties to set the Owner "X" box for /private/var/root/Media/Postflight,
    then run /private/var/root/Media/Postflight as described below:

Now run Terminal from WinSCP SSH into your iPhone and then type:

/private/var/root/Media/Postflight

Hit [return] on your keyboard.

Respring your device and you should now see MemTool on your Springboard on English.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zivilipirati; 02-15-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: attached files.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zivilipirati For This Useful Post:

stinky1 (02-20-2009)

This app runs clean and does it's job. You dont need to reboot or respring the phone, just clean and close some processes, clean again and you are back up to 40+mb's free. ( or so it says)

finally bothered installing this. first time doing anything with terminal.
    app works like a charm. usually only have about 24mb free and now i have 39.
    thankyou to whoever did the translation

followed the instructions from the zip, the mobile terminal commands returned permission denied, and it starts and crashes to springboard.
    any ideas? thanks

edit: setting perm's on postflight to 755 let me perform chmod
    after that it works fine.
    thanks
    Last edited by deenybird; 02-17-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Thanks for the English download! This is great. Much better than "Free Memory" which I had been using.

You don't even need the Postflight file. All you need to do is:

- Place the MemTool.app folder in the /Applications/ directory.
    - Open up the terminal in SSH and then paste and execute these three commands, one at a time

chown -R root /Applications/MemTool.app
    chmod -R 775 /Applications/MemTool.app
    chmod +s /Applications/MemTool.app/MemTool_1

That's it!
    Last edited by stinky1; 02-20-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks

All I'm getting is a blank page when I go to this site. Does anyone have the actual program they can post?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    All I'm getting is a blank page when I go to this site. Does anyone have the actual program they can post?
    Here ya go Includes English translations.
    Attached Files Attached Files

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Eurisko (02-20-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by stinky1 View Post
    Thanks for the English download! This is great. Much better than "Free Memory" which I had been using.

You don't even need the Postflight file. All you need to do is:

- Place the MemTool.app folder in the /Applications/ directory.
    - Open up the terminal in SSH and then paste and execute these three commands, one at a time

chown -R root /Applications/MemTool.app
    chmod -R 775 /Applications/MemTool.app
    chmod +s /Applications/MemTool.app/MemTool_1

That's it!
    As a novice, I apologize for asking this, but what do you mean by "open up the terminal in SSH". Do you mean open up the "terminal" program on my mac? Or do you mean open up the "Mobile Terminal" app for my iphone that I downloaded from Cydia?
    Thanks.

If I try and type in your 3 commands, one at a time, using Mobile Terminal on my iPhone, after I execute the second one, it keeps saying "Operation Not Permitted" to everything it's trying to do.
    Last edited by blbeesley; 02-24-2009 at 09:51 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blbeesley View Post
    As a novice, I apologize for asking this, but what do you mean by "open up the terminal in SSH". Do you mean open up the "terminal" program on my mac? Or do you mean open up the "Mobile Terminal" app for my iphone that I downloaded from Cydia?
    Thanks.

If I try and type in your 3 commands, one at a time, using Mobile Terminal on my iPhone, after I execute the second one, it keeps saying "Operation Not Permitted" to everything it's trying to do.
    "open up the terminal in SSH" means using a program on your computer (like WinSCP), connecting to the iPhone, and Command/Terminal. Within that window, execute the command.

To perform management functions with MobileTerminal, you must be root (or super-user, same). By default you are user 'mobile'. So, type su, enter password 'alpine'.

Never mind, I got it working ... I figured out that I had to open "Terminal" on my Mac, then type in SSH root@ip-address which would then ask for the alpine password and bam, I was in. I pasted those commands and it worked like a charm.
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast